Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    Endeavor tells Rei that Shoto can't be with the kids anymore and to watch over Toya, while she chastises him for not looking at him and just running away. When Shoto is 5 and stuck in his hard training, a 13 year old Toya unstably vents to Natsuo about their father never paying attention to them with Natsuo brushing him off and Toya reacting even worse. Rei tries to get him to stop, saying he should look at a world beyond his father, but he bites back saying he knows that she was "sold off" by her family and that she's responsible for his creation too.

That winter, his body starts to develop more, leading to his fire changing from red to blue. He tells Endeavor to meet him at Sekoto Peak next day off to see this, but realizing he's been training/still burning himself, and seeing how more deranged Toya's been getting, he enrages at Rei for not stopping it, leading the young Shoto to try and defend her. He goes to Sekoto Peak anyway, and while waiting for one of his parents to show (who both didn't know what else to say to him), he seemingly "dies", as himself and everything around him engulfs in flames, which present Dabi reminiscences about.

In the present, Endeavor says how after losing Toya, there was no turning back and had to pour everything else he had into Shoto at the expense of everything. Rei says how after this, he got worse and worse to the point of her seeing his face in their kids. Fuyumi says how she always wanted to say something about how their family was broken, but was too scared to, and Natsuo says that he is the root of the cause, but also admits if he had attempted to stand up to his father they might have been able to be a family. As Rei mentions they all have their responsibility, and that Endeavor needs to face it too, she brings up how Shoto, who has suffered more than all of them, has started to save them as their hero. Shoto extends his hand to his father, telling him once he's done grieving, they all have to go stop Toya.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    So that appears to be most of the Todoroki family history all come to light. Just like with last chapter, you see how it's pretty much the desperation on everybody's side, without knowing the proper way to express their feelings, that lead to the worst of everything coming to pass. The moral of the story is "LISTEN TO EACH OTHER". I like in the ending where you see each of the family list off why they feel responsible, and even with the kids, it comes off less putting the blame on them and more of their personal guilt that *maybe* things could've changed if they did something more. And how it comes all together to Shoto, the one in the worst situation, turning things around on his own is what can inspire them to come together. Also, "The Wrong Way To Put Out A Fire" is just a really perfect chapter title that summarizes everything.

I am incredibly curious to know where the indication of that final line means. Is this just a "plan for the future" that they'll eventually have to be together to stop Toya, OR are we seriously gonna jump right into a "Find Dabi" arc? After all of Horikoshi's swerves in the story I would not be surprised, though I also wonder what their plan to track him down would even be. Plus the question of if/when we will check back in on comatosed Midoriya too.

Also, one thing I noticed is that there appears to be a slight retcon in the flashback. During the Todoroki family dinner, Fuyumi implied that Toya's "death" was after Rei had already been hospitalized, meanwhile here it's clear that Toya "died" first, which led to Endeavor and Rei's descent into madness.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    A really good chapter, it was interesting to see that the whole family admits to being some part responsible for Dabi's creation. The chapter name was perfect. Now with that maybe we will focus on Deku.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    So that appears to be most of the Todoroki family history all come to light. Just like with last chapter, you see how it's pretty much the desperation on everybody's side, without knowing the proper way to express their feelings, that lead to the worst of everything coming to pass. The moral of the story is "LISTEN TO EACH OTHER". I like in the ending where you see each of the family list off why they feel responsible, and even with the kids, it comes off less putting the blame on them and more of their personal guilt that *maybe* things could've changed if they did something more. And how it comes all together to Shoto, the one in the worst situation, turning things around on his own is what can inspire them to come together. Also, "The Wrong Way To Put Out A Fire" is just a really perfect chapter title that summarizes everything.

I am incredibly curious to know where the indication of that final line means. Is this just a "plan for the future" that they'll eventually have to be together to stop Toya, OR are we seriously gonna jump right into a "Find Dabi" arc? After all of Horikoshi's swerves in the story I would not be surprised, though I also wonder what their plan to track him down would even be. Plus the question of if/when we will check back in on comatosed Midoriya too.

Also, one thing I noticed is that there appears to be a slight retcon in the flashback. During the Todoroki family dinner, Fuyumi implied that Toya's "death" was after Rei had already been hospitalized, meanwhile here it's clear that Toya "died" first, which led to Endeavor and Rei's descent into madness.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This chapter does a good job of showing the complexity of the situation and why the entire family feels in some way responsible, they were scared, didn't understand or just didn't know how to act, while also making it clear that it was Endeavor that fucked things up here. There are so many images here of Endeavor looking quite terrifying and just constantly failing as a father in the worst ways. Like you say, their determination to make things right is less that we're to blame the entire family and more that they're making up with their feelings of their shared past and reaching out an olive branch to Endeavor, who has to decide to grab it. Shoto being their guiding light and the one to inspire them to better things just like Izuku did for him is such a good development here. It's a nice ray of hope after several weeks of dark and despairing events in the series.

I don't think that the series will go into a "Find and stop Dabi" arc right away. We need more downtime than that (and they still need to recover some more, Dabi too actually) and there are other things to check up on. We absolutely need to jump into Izuku's coma talk with the vestiges (because that is absolutely what he's doing) and we'll probably get some major drama with All Might and Inko before that.

Another slighter retcon is in that scene where the kids play football. In the anime Touya's hair was red there. Here's it's white. A small miss there. Also, Shoto's multi-coloured bubble is freaking adorable.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    This chapter does a good job of showing the complexity of the situation and why the entire family feels in some way responsible, they were scared, didn't understand or just didn't know how to act, while also making it clear that it was Endeavor that fucked things up here. There are so many images here of Endeavor looking quite terrifying and just constantly failing as a father in the worst ways. Like you say, their determination to make things right is less that we're to blame the entire family and more that they're making up with their feelings of their shared past and reaching out an olive branch to Endeavor, who has to decide to grab it. Shoto being their guiding light and the one to inspire them to better things just like Izuku did for him is such a good development here. It's a nice ray of hope after several weeks of dark and despairing events in the series.

I don't think that the series will go into a "Find and stop Dabi" arc right away. We need more downtime than that (and they still need to recover some more, Dabi too actually) and there are other things to check up on. We absolutely need to jump into Izuku's coma talk with the vestiges (because that is absolutely what he's doing) and we'll probably get some major drama with All Might and Inko before that.

Another slighter retcon is in that scene where the kids play football. In the anime Touya's hair was red there. Here's it's white. A small miss there. Also, Shoto's multi-coloured bubble is freaking adorable.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I saw a comment of someone comparing the image of the distressed Endeavor caressing Shoto to the image of Overhaul caressing Eri, and it actually reminded me how similar those situations are/got. They both start off extremely possessive over these children, using them to whatever ends to accomplish his dreams, and then when it seems like they are on the verge of possibly losing them, Endeavor after Toya's death and Overhaul during that final battle, they become completely deranged and obsessive, basically thinking "If I lose you then everything I did will be for nothing!" Also I love that this chapter, even unintentionally, reinforces Midoriya again as an honorary Todoroki, showing him in that flashback reminding that his actions brought Shoto back onto the path of light in the first place.

I'm hoping so, I agree it's a bit too soon to jump into something as huge as that, especially when pretty much everyone still needs to recover physically and mentally, not to mention having to readjust back to school life, deal with getting trust back in the public first, and whatever other loose ends we might have forgotten about. I can definitively imagine once Midoriya finally emerges that'll have big ramifications regarding the future, whether he gets told any new information and what he decides to reveal to others.

That is true, though to be fair, that was something the anime did first (it was white in the manga), so it's a more understandable slip up that Horikoshi just retroactively tried to fix by making his official hair colour red. I'm also really curious to know if any of the anime staff knew about the reveal in advance, for stuff like how during Dabi's first appearance, while the manga has the building he's in front of appear more nondescript, the anime clearly confirmed it to be a beauty salon, which did end up being a big hint. And honestly, because of all the heavy drama, I completely missed sleeping Shoto first time through so that was a funny shock.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    I think it really helps to highlight that something doesn't have to be "physical" or "emotional" to be considered abuse, that this form of neglect, unintentional or otherwise, can also do just as much harm.
    end of spoilers
    Note that spoilers:
    neglect is a form of emotional abuse.
    end of spoilers

EDIT: Actually, spoilers:
    psychological abuse might be more accurate, or equally applicable.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 03-10-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Note that spoilers:
    neglect is a form of emotional abuse. Actually, psychological abuse might be more accurate, or equally applicable.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Oh yeah, I definitively agree with you that neglect is a form of abuse, I just mean from the perspective that getting physically hurt or getting berated and insulted are the most talked about forms of "abuse", so neglect and that sense of psychological torment aren't treated as potentially seriously.
    end of spoilers

Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu is now available in My Hero One's Justice 2

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu is now available in My Hero One's Justice 2
    Here's his trailer.

He's really leaning into the whole dumb but strong bit.

Here's his trailer.

He's really leaning into the whole dumb but strong bit.
    Might be just me but David Wald also sounds a bit different than his usual appearances. I remember him sounding alot more hyper and energetic, while here he's mainly just loud and angry, though that might just be because most of these are just exclaims.

The rumor/leak was that the final DLC character is Gentle right? Cause if so I am SUPER EXCITED to play as him!

Extraordinary Member

Might be just me but David Wald also sounds a bit different than his usual appearances. I remember him sounding alot more hyper and energetic, while here he's mainly just loud and angry, though that might just be because most of these are just exclaims.

The rumor/leak was that the final DLC character is Gentle right? Cause if so I am SUPER EXCITED to play as him!
    I do believe that was the case yes.

I wonder if he'll be able to access La Brava like some kind of once a fight power up.

I do believe that was the case yes.

I wonder if he'll be able to access La Brava like some kind of once a fight power up.
    She could turn up in one of Gentle's Plus Ultra attacks

Extraordinary Member

New season 5 trailer hype!!!

We also get to hear a bit of the new OP and I already love it.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 02-27-2021 at 02:12 PM.

New season 5 trailer hype!!!

We also get to hear a bit of the new OP and I already love it.
    Animation looking pretty top notch, you can tell just from these images they're not just gonna "take it easy" for this little arc and are making the fights as dynamic as possible. It's funny it took this long for one of the songs to be called "No. 1". I also especially love the build up at the end there. They've been hiding the *BIG thing* this entire time, so that little tease just makes it all the more exciting.

spoilers:
    Hawks and Best Jeanist arrive to see the Todorokis after eavesdropping on their story. After getting slightly acquainted with each other, Hawks informs Endeavor about all that's going on in the world right now, and that at this point he just can't step down and needs to keep fighting. The two request to cooperate with him and the rest of the family in the investigation regarding what's going on with Dabi, which they accept.

While going over his potential response to the media, Hawks asks a surprise question, "What is One For All?" Turns out that the rest of the media had found out about Endeavor's comment about "One For All" during the fight and wonder about its connection to All For One. Remembering that Midoriya was Shigaraki's target, he tells him he might know.

Bakugo continues to freak out about Midoriya still not being awake, being dragged away by Tsuyu and the others. Uraraka worries about his condition, while Hawks and Jeanist soon arrive to try and talk with him, but All Might requested to be alone with him for now. In the room, All Might sits over Midoriya, knowing that he's talking to the previous inheritors.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    There's lots of really nice little moments in the first half as kind of an aftermath to all the heavy stuff. Rei immediately going on her knees to apologize to Dabi which Hawks nervously reacts to (also Best Jeanist's comment about "illegal denim" made me laugh). The whole interaction regarding Hawks learning about Shoto's scar, Rei taking responsibility, Shoto's uneasinesses, and Hawks recognizing that strength in Shoto that he's been able to look ahead and face his family, something he could never do. You also have Natsuo's comment to remind that this isn't a completely resolved issue with them and he's still uneasy about it. I also love that Hawks has made himself Endeavor's PR person and has already started preparing public statements.

But now the REAL JUICY STUFF. I was expecting just Endeavor and that group learning about One For All after everything they've heard and seen, but now that even the media knows the name, we're very much inching closer to it just coming out in public and that is both really exciting and scary to find out where it goes (though I wonder how the hell they even found out about him muttering that in the first place, unless Burnin or one of the other interns who overheard on the comms told them). Pretty much every character is gonna have a completely different reaction to the reveal and that alone is gonna be incredibly intriguing. And throwing Hawks in I have no idea how he's gonna perceive all this and what action they'll take. Hopefully next chapter we finally get to see more of the other predecessors.
    end of spoilers

Season 5 already looks good. Also nice to see Dish// doing the opening. Interesting their last song was the opening to Zoids: Wild, so I'm hopefully.