Astonishing Member

Default DC characters That You’d Like To See Get The Anime Treatment

Marvel has done several anime movies and series with the Marvel characters yet DC has only done two anime stuff with Batman (Gotham Gashlight, Batman Ninja) so I was wondering what other DC characters would you be interested in seeing done as an anime?

I kind to want to see a darker Wonder Woman anime series with Attack On The Titans level animation inspired by the Brian Azzarello run as an HBO Max series.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-03-2021 at 10:59 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

the Batfamily or The Outsider (both, sans Batman or with Batman in a reduced role) in a shonen style anime would be fire.

Green Lanterns in a Dragonball Z style action would also be fire. Kyle Rayner powering up like a super saiyans and turning into the White Lantern would bring his Manga love full circle.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Gotham Gaslight is anime?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The Metal Men could really work in an anime treatment.

Warlord would be a unique mix of western fantasy mythology through a Japanese science fiction lense. If nothing else, it'd be unique as hell.

I'm convinced Japan's focus on animation would probably provide the best on-screen Flash we've ever seen, and blue collar heroes seem to work well with their sensibilities. Barry or Wally would benefit a lot from a more anime approach.

Zatanna, full-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the Batfamily or The Outsider (both, sans Batman or with Batman in a reduced role) in a shonen style anime would be fire.

Green Lanterns in a Dragonball Z style action would also be fire. Kyle Rayner powering up like a super saiyans and turning into the White Lantern would bring his Manga love full circle.
    actually thinking about, instead of either or, how about The Batfamily and The Outsider (Batman still MIA or in a reduced role) in a shonen style anime! the recent iteration of the Outsiders felt like perfect characters for an anime spin-off: Black Lightning, Katana (now with elemental magic), Cassandra Cain, Lady Shiva, Signal (basically has a sharingan and shadow shaping abilities), and Babylon (basically latina Yang from RWBY). then throw in Red Hood (and his super manga-esque All-Blades), Damian Wayne, Nightwing, and Clownhunter in there, maybe Barbara as Oracle piloting a Luke Fox designed BatMech; that would be crazy!!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Batgirl (Cass)
    Super Sons
    Blue Beetle
    Raven
    Wonder woman
    Shazam
    Zatanna
    Flash Family
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8