Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I kind of thought Annhilation/Genesis was in charge, with outliers like White Sword being powerful enough to do whatever the f they wanted and having their own tiny micro-nations. So it's interesting that there's a bunch of mutants over there that didn't get steamrollered by Genesis and the Horsemen and the infinite demon army, and yet managed to survive and even thrive (since there are tons more of them than went in, so they had plenty of kids).

I kinda expect, given the situation, thousands of years of war, that the Ring is composed primarily of mutants with extremely useful powers (such as Tarn, who seems to be able to warp / fleshcraft other mutants and possibly turn one with a loser of a power into something capable of fighting and being 'useful' in combat) or just straight-up 'generals' with the Ring being essentially a military junta that's lasted so much longer than those things last in our world because *the war never ended.*

And I wonder what they do with the occasional non-mutant kid. Sabertooth and Mystique proved that two mutants can occasionally shoot a blank, so it's gotta have happened in a few thousand years... Do they eat them?

I wonder if any of these immortals are like Genghis Khan's of Arakko, and have thousands of kids out there...

So much to learn! I'm intrigued!
    Maybe Tarn was part of the council before the Twilight war, I am perplexed as to how he is still part of the council ,yet in Hellions he comes across like a rebel or outcast.Maybe because their lot in Amenth was of a harsh existence ,he got twisted into creating his own mutants.I doubt Arraki willfully allowed him to do what he did.They had Whitesword to help in restoring their fallen again unless the price for Whitesword's resurrection is too steep for any Arraki and so they prefer Tarn's genetic mastery to create an army for them.More likely Tarn just works with the rejects like Sinister in Hellions and Arraki just don't care

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Isn’t IDYLL the precog?
    So far it is confirmed Idyll is a precog, no confirmation about Witness' power. Though it is possible she or he like some person mentioned perhaps can project their being in time to see and know what transpires ,so they could be termed a precog ,but only loosely ,that would be like saying Tempus is a precog because she can move in time to peer beyond the veil

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I imagine human kids get killed, just like Sparta did with "weak" babies, who were literally tossed off a clip.
    Or just evolutionary pressure made them disappear but yes, it is likely. It is easy to draw parallels between Krakoa/Athens and Arakko/Sparta.

I wonder when we will meet the Arrako characters!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I have no idea who 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9 are.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Maybe Tarn was part of the council before the Twilight war, I am perplexed as to how he is still part of the council ,yet in Hellions he comes across like a rebel or outcast.Maybe because their lot in Amenth was of a harsh existence ,he got twisted into creating his own mutants.I doubt Arraki willfully allowed him to do what he did.They had Whitesword to help in restoring their fallen again unless the price for Whitesword's resurrection is too steep for any Arraki and so they prefer Tarn's genetic mastery to create an army for them.More likely Tarn just works with the rejects like Sinister in Hellions and Arraki just don't care
    White Sword is not their bud, and might not be available to resurrect any of Arakko's people (and it seems that anyone he *does* resurrect, he keeps as his forever-slave, so getting your army resurrected by White Sword basically means losing them anyway...).

But I don't think Tarn resurrects people, I think he reshapes / warps them (like a jacked-up version of the Morlock Masque) and turns 'weak' mutants like Eye Boy into monstrous fighting machines that the Arakko-types think worthy of continued existence in their harsh world. Add a couple hundred pounds of muscle, some claws and bony armored plates, and even a dude whose mutant power is 'a bunch of eyes' is slightly more useful in a fight against a horde of demons.

As for his Hellions appearance, I think he was on the prowl, looking for 'weaklings' to 'improve' and add to his stable of flesh-twisted soldiers (just like how Sinister occasionally hangs out in a bar making catty comments on people's sartorial choices, and doesn't seem particularly like someone who'd be on a ruling council).

That all said, I am just speculating here. Who knows what the writers have in store for us!
    Last edited by Sutekh; 01-04-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well, no, you wouldn't. Only 1-3 have been on panel so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I Hope they have unique powers.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm very intrigued by what Arakko's presence portends and Isca dropped some really interesting nuggets, I almost wish Scott, Jean and Storm were venturing into Arakko as a Krakoan delegation to better suss things out instead of them going out to Shi'ar space.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I Hope they have unique powers.
    Ditto. I do not particularly want to see generic energy blasters or telepaths or cat/lizard/bird people. Something new. Chick who exists in multiple quantum positions all at once and appears as a blurry collection of shadowy figures all around, only crystallizing into one actual position when she strikes (being pretty much invulnerable until then, since the images all collapse back into the quantum strata if you hit them, and when she does strike, it's with the force of all her quantum selves, anywhere from dozens to hundreds or more depending on how long she 'builds up' before hitting someone). Crazy stuff like that.

Ditto. I do not particularly want to see generic energy blasters or telepaths or cat/lizard/bird people. Something new. Chick who exists in multiple quantum positions all at once and appears as a blurry collection of shadowy figures all around, only crystallizing into one actual position when she strikes (being pretty much invulnerable until then, since the images all collapse back into the quantum strata if you hit them, and when she does strike, it's with the force of all her quantum selves, anywhere from dozens to hundreds or more depending on how long she 'builds up' before hitting someone). Crazy stuff like that.
    .......I would like to understand what their powers are thanks but no thanks to what ever you just said lol

Spectacular Member

I'm interested to see some mutants with powers, not just 'angry jerk with sword' like we've seen so far from a bunch of them (like all of White Swords so-called-'powerful-mutant'-flunkies).

I'm also interested in seeing what Arakko considers 'Omega.' Genesis talked all sorts of smack about Apocalypse being weak and unfit, and he struck her down without even using the Celestial-enhanced powers that she knew nothing about (and which made him orders of magnitude stronger than the stretchy-shapechange-y guy she remembered from their past together).

I would be amused to find out if Arakko thinks people like Magneto and Xavier are 'Omega' and has no idea about people like Storm or Jean, let alone that the 'mere humans' they have such contempt for can field people like Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel and Iron Man and the Hulk, and that there are people out there like Thor and the Silver Surfer for which they are *utterly* unprepared.

I also am intrigued to see how they react to technology. They're up to swords and seige engines. Meanwhile, those pathetic humans have cracked the atom and can pump out Sentinels and mutant-power-negating technology that should come as a *HUGE* surprise to them. "Blah, blah, bow to your superiors human weaklings! You can't match our Omega powers!" Zap. "And now you're a bunch of angry people with swords. And we brought guns..."
    I see Tarn as the Sinister of the Great Ring, all eager to steamroller the Earth and take, take, take. At least one should be more of a voice of reason who'se like, "We and our ancestors before us fought for millenia to be free from the endless demons of Amenth, and now we are, and you want *more* endless war?
    Can't we like, take five and look around first?"
    The data page is from the POV of the narrator, so Omega always means the same thing. When Genesis said Apocalypse was weak she meant in spirit, not powers, from the perspective of Arakko culture, in fact the way Apocalypse was able to win the tournament was by surrendering, something that from Arakko warrior culture is weak and they would never do.

Spectacular Member

Sounds like a lot of Manga and Anime super powers.

It's still early where I am at but I am sure this is going to be the greatest thing I read all day! It's the kind of comic book nonsense you just have to love lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulagirl1 View Post
    I wonder when we will meet the Arrako characters!
    I think they should do another run of “Giant size X-men” one shots but with new mutants from Arrako. Not even the big name counsel members but like lesser non omega mutants. That way we get a slice of life on the island.

Heck I would have a super tough (like M strong fast smart warrior) who is like a sub leader and who just is tired of war he has been fighting for a few hundred years and WANTs to join the other island
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.