Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

"A Brief History of The Question" is from Question Annual #2 (1989)

From Who's Who in the DC Universe #12 (September 1991):

Does DC have any plans for Vic in the pipeline now that his quarterly is wrapped up?

I have always found him to be one of DC's most intriguing characters. An unorthodox oddball, rebellious but intelligent.

With Huntress appearing in Detective Comics, perhaps he could pop up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Does DC have any plans for Vic in the pipeline now that his quarterly is wrapped up?

I have always found him to be one of DC's most intriguing characters. An unorthodox oddball, rebellious but intelligent.

Wasn't he in Bendis' Action Comics (or was it Superman)? Was that before or after his four-issue run?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post

I believe he's making some appearances in Bendis' Checkmate series, but I have yet to hear about any mainline Question series.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wasn't he in Bendis' Action Comics (or was it Superman)? Was that before or after his four-issue run?
    He made a few appearances leading up to "Event Leviathan." (where he appeared)

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    I believe he's making some appearances in Bendis' Checkmate series, but I have yet to hear about any mainline Question series.
    I'm pretty sure he's a straight-up member of the team. It remains to be seen how much he'll be spotlighted or if he'll just kinda stand there, and occasionally ask a question or something. The way Bendis wrote "Event Leviathan" doesn't fill me with a lot of hope, but ... I have some hope.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It was before the quarterly run. As noted, he appeared in Bendis's Event Leviathan run which was around the same time the 4 issue run was going. Apparently Bendis was using him in Action Comics (I believe) before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    I'm happy that Bendis appears to be a fan of the character as I do feel he writes him well. (There is a funny off the wall interrogation moment with the Question in Event Leviathan.)

Looks like I'll be purchasing my first ever Checkmate series.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

House ad from back in the day.

QuestionAd.jpg

Extraordinary Member

http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779515476

Collects The Question #1-27, The Question Annual #1, Green Arrow Annual #1, and Detective Comics Annual #1.

Has Vic done anything interesting in "Checkmate?" I bought "Event Leviathan" just for him and was sorely disappointed, so I'm waiting to see if it'd be worth it. I haven't even seen him mentioned as doing anything in the solits for this book. I imagine he's doing something though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Has Vic done anything interesting in "Checkmate?" I bought "Event Leviathan" just for him and was sorely disappointed, so I'm waiting to see if it'd be worth it. I haven't even seen him mentioned as doing anything in the solits for this book. I imagine he's doing something though, right?
    The highlight of Checkmate issue 2 was an action sequence featuring Green Arrow and the Question when a well know GA rogue pops up.

I think Bendis writes the Question well, one gets the impression that he's fond of both GA and Q, but the Checkmate plot unfortunately circulates around the whole Event Leviathan narrative.

Personally I'd rather just have a Green Arrow/Question series written by Bendis....so I'll keep people posted on the next Checkmate preview on Vic.

I did think Bendis wrote Q well in those "Action Comics" issues leading up to Leviathan, but his scenes were few and far between and he was even less of a presence in "Event Leviathan." If he gets a spotlight issue, I might just pick that one up...

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Collects The Question #1-27, The Question Annual #1, Green Arrow Annual #1, and Detective Comics Annual #1.
    That's amazing, but I goddamn hate that it came out after O'Neil died because it all but confirms they weren't reprinting it over some bullshit royalties issue.

PAY YOUR CREATORS THEIR DUES, DC.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That's amazing, but I goddamn hate that it came out after O'Neil died because it all but confirms they weren't reprinting it over some bullshit royalties issue.

PAY YOUR CREATORS THEIR DUES, DC.
    I don't think that's been proven yet.

After all, would royalty payments from DC automatically end after he dies or would they instead be paid to his heirs / his estate?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Not sure how I missed this, but it's going to be an instant buy from me. I've been patiently waiting for this omni for a while.