Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    You’re totally right and I ultimately think the X-Office should have done a better job of distributing the characters. Marauders and Excalibur certainly could have spared one of their more well-known characters to give this book at least a bit of a bump.
    It did very much have the feel of those who launched first getting first pick, while the second wave had to make do with the characters that were left. But I expect a lot of that was also up to editorial wanting the big names out there in that first round of books.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She did but I wouldnt buy the book for her as it was a quick cameo
    With at least another Board Member still to be revealed, Wind Dancer's appearance might hint at it being her. As it stands, she'd fit into the cast.

Extraordinary Member

Someone just told me that Wind Dancer shows up in X-Corp too. We eating good y'all.
    And she now has a title and job too

Can I just say how much I love that the three full-time teachers of the Academy X era (Karma, Dani, and Northstar) just do not trust Xavier's intentions towards the younger generation of mutants, even on Krakoa? It’s just such a neat bit of character continuity.

spoilers:
    Yup. Wind Dancer just got a legitimate role acting as an ambassador for Krakoa to Mojoverse and now we may never get to see that explored.

Maybe X-Factor should have had at least one A-lister in the roster to increase it's popularity, but it was really a blessing for forgotten characters.
    end of spoilers
    X-Factor should have had Nightcrawler IMO and should have been the go-to book for existential explorations. Spurrier really isn't my thing and the first Way of X is my least favorite of his X-Work so far.

After losing Polaris, Kurt, Mystique, and bigger doses of Speed and Wind Dancer would've been great.

I will forever be indebted to Leah for her achievements on X-Factor.

She gave me pause and piqued my curiosity with Rachel an Polaris, and now I care for them both very much.
    She solidified and furthered my admiration of Daken, and intrigued me by positioning he and Aurora together.
    She killed it on showcasing Prodigy and what he's capable of -- AND continued his relationship with Speed.
    Same goes for enduring me to Eyeboy and developing his usefulness.
    This book became the Cameo Clubhouse, bringing in all kinds of wallpapered mutants!
    And MOST importantly, she returned, restored and reconstituted Miss Sofia Mantega -- my beloved, long lost love, Wind Dancer.

Might as well link to the whole piece. Prodigy is the narrator.
    https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...nkId=118687976
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That's a nice intro. Also: Aww, look at Roxy with her arm around Cessily.

Granted iced-up Bobby is in there twice, but I'm amused by how many characters don't have pupils.
    Last edited by Paragon; 05-14-2021 at 08:06 AM.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

They just all look a little too gosh-darned cute to me.
    My flag is bacon.

Prodigy is the voice of a generation. This was so touching from Marvel, it literally fills me with pride.

Did Duggar write the Hellion stuff with the mpox nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Did Duggar write the Hellion stuff with the mpox nonsense?
    He did write Hellion's near Final Sacrifice to blow up the Inhumans due to MPOX.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

With the Academy X generation being allowed more autonomy than ever before and the older X-Men no longer having to keep them sheltered from any possible harm, this would be a great time for an Akademos focused book.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Looking at the LGBT-kids, I would love for Hellion and Surge to leave Krakoa with two couples Mercury & Bling! and Anole & Graymalkin, plus Dust, Indra and Loa and go out on their own, like the original X-Force once did.

No adult teacher or leader to guide them, but be a group of young mutant heroes.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================