Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    I see a number of new characters have been added since last time, but of most interest to me, Mercury and Bling! were just added as a pair, as they should be.
    This makes me incredibly happy.

I plan on catching up with the Xbooks again sometime soon, I stopped just after X of Swords. Any appearances of our guys that I should look out for outside of Way of X and Laura on Xmen?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I plan on catching up with the Xbooks again sometime soon, I stopped just after X of Swords. Any appearances of our guys that I should look out for outside of Way of X and Laura on Xmen?
    X-Factor in general due to Prodigy, though issue 5 in specific is one to look for if you stopped before it came out.

Otherwise...Wind Dancer was a bit character in X-Corp. and Anole has been in New Mutants. I didn't particularly find their roles satisfying, but maybe you will. Who knows?

Not much else of note comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    X-Factor in general due to Prodigy, though issue 5 in specific is one to look for if you stopped before it came out.

Otherwise...Wind Dancer was a bit character in X-Corp. and Anole has been in New Mutants. I didn't particularly find their roles satisfying, but maybe you will. Who knows?

Not much else of note comes to mind.
    I was afraid of that but i'm not surprised, glad to hear Wind Dancer got something. Thanks for the update.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I would have liked to see some of our kids (other than David who is too wrapped up in Tommy to risk upsetting his mother) show up in ToM, as many of them were victims of Wanda.

They would have made the gravity of Wanda's actions more meaningful than seeing a pack of randos.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I would have liked to see some of our kids (other than David who is too wrapped up in Tommy to risk upsetting his mother) show up in ToM, as many of them were victims of Wanda.

They would have made the gravity of Wanda's actions more meaningful than seeing a pack of randos.
    There's still one more issue - maybe they'll have something to say when the killer is revealed. I'd like to think Williams is fully aware of their trauma, given XF #5, but if there are a lot of higher ups calling shots on this book as surmised, any real estate for minor mutants might well have been given over to the Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post

But then Marvel would have to acknowledge the unique identity of the New X-Men that is defined by the trauma of the aftermath of M Day and that they can't nor shouldn't be lumped in with Generic Teen Wallpaper, after spending much of the last ten years downplaying that very trauma because it makes them too interesting, and then using the current era to eliminate it altogether to the point that even individuals like Icarus who never would have wanted to be resurrected are now happily drinking the Krakoa Kool-Aid because Marvel doesn't care about exploring the actual ramifications instead "Oh they just handled it off-panel."

Extraordinary Member

So Rubbermaid is showing up in the new Juggernaut run.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jugg...ity-unlimited/

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Getting war flashbacks to the Liu book, where Surge showed up in the first issue to complain about Laura, and then get called a bitch by Dust. Though oddly enough, Surge actually raised a few good points there, but that was probably unintentional.
    In my experience, people that others have considered "bitchy" have often been right on the money.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Is the green glowing guy next to Hope on the Destiny of X teaser Hellion?

Probably not lol.

EDIT: Nvm, it's boring Rictor...

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Isn't it a shame only one Young X-Men (Blindfold) is on the teaser mage of the upcoming future books?

I think we must give up hope for a New-X-Men series any time in the future.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

DoXYost.jpg

Surely there have to be at least some writers and artists who'd jump at the chance to do something with these characters, and I won't believe a New X-Men book could do worse than X-Corp or Fallen Angels. So why can't we even get a mini-series?

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    DoXYost.jpg

Surely there have to be at least some writers and artists who'd jump at the chance to do something with these characters, and I won't believe a New X-Men book could do worse than X-Corp or Fallen Angels. So why can't we even get a mini-series?
    It’s probably a combination of the X-Office not hiring many young writers and editorial (looking at you JDW) clearly having a strong preference for the glory days of the franchise.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It’s probably a combination of the X-Office not hiring many young writers and editorial (looking at you JDW) clearly having a strong preference for the glory days of the franchise.
    Which is so ironic, since NXM was the last popular and really good X-kids book. Nothing since has resonated as much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Which is so ironic, since NXM was the last popular and really good X-kids book. Nothing since has resonated as much.
    The New X-Men make the sacred cows of the O5/Claremont/Byrne/Lee eras look too bad, because they had no problem calling them out on the fact that Xavier, etc. failed them. Marvel — especially White — would never allow that.