Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Yes, we've been discussing that in other forums. All of the Academy X kids are of age; some of the "lights" and the later additions (Eye Boy?) may still be teenagers. That could be why New Mutants added all of those little kids.
    I was joking friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Makes me wonder why many of them aren't taking jobs outside Krakoa, considering that the nation/society itself has barely any career opportunities except for those with specific powers, connections or skillsets, half of which is related to those who are trained to fight, so most of them are apparently just sitting around wasting their time on leisures and seemingly suffering from deteriorating mental states.
    Pre-Krakoa this was my biggest hope for this generation. That once they all officially graduated (which kinda happened for some at the end of Wolverine and the X-Men) that they would be the first generation of X-kids to go out into the world and live fully integrated lives. It would answer the question of why they aren't being featured in regular team lineups, but also open them up for unique story opportunities once a writer with interest got around to it.

During the Krakoa era I understand why they aren't venturing out into the world. Paradise sounds pretty nice and the outside world seems to be even more dangerous for mutants.

We can only speculate what's going on in this preview for Way of X #3.
    Last edited by Starfish; 05-28-2021 at 02:47 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    During the Krakoa era I understand why they aren't venturing out into the world. Paradise sounds pretty nice and the outside world seems to be even more dangerous for mutants.
    I 'm with you - I really think people are underestimating just how much these kids need the opportunity to chillax without constantly being in fear of discrimination and violence. Obviously no society is perfect and I'm glad that titles like Way of X and New Mutants are touching on that without being all doomsayer about it, but honestly if I could live on a beautiful island where all my needs are met and I'm surrounded by friends wtf would I leave that to work a job for the people who've been oppressing me till now?

It's not like engaging in capitalism is the ONLY way to keep your mind active. Seeing characters read, write, create art, play sports, practice their hobbies, learn languages etc doesn't make for thrilling comics but I'm sure that stuff is happening in the background. We only see a few named locations in the comics but Krakoa's a big place, we have to assume that there's a crapload of boring everyday stuff happening in the background. I mean it's not like Avengers comics show Captain America lugging his clothes to the laundry or brushing his teeth but we have no problem accepting that happens so why would X-comics be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    We can only speculate what's going on in this preview for Way of X #3.
    Whatever's going on, I don't think Loa's request for a totally platonic date was quite accurate.

Seeing Cessily get to actually DO something in a comic makes me absurdly happy.
    Last edited by Paragon; 05-28-2021 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Whatever's going on, I don't think Loa's request for a totally platonic date was quite accurate.

Seeing Cessily get to actually DO something in a comic makes me absurdly happy.
    Same! I'm so used to her being wallpaper I still can't believe she might actually have proper dialogue and get to do things. It's going to be a long wait until June 23 for me.

As for my theory about what is going on:
    spoilers:
    Cessily seems distraught by her powers in the first panel, and we know she used to do things like eat food in order remind herself what is used to feel human, so what if she wants to go on a date with Loa, but wants to experience it like she remembers it from the time when she still had a biological body, so Legion helps them go on a mind-trip where they get to do that.
    end of spoilers

Same! I'm so used to her being wallpaper I still can't believe she might actually have proper dialogue and get to do things. It's going to be a long wait until June 23 for me.

As for my theory about what is going on:
    spoilers:
    Cessily seems distraught by her powers in the first panel, and we know she used to do things like eat food in order remind herself what is used to feel human, so what if she wants to go on a date with Loa, but wants to experience it like she remembers it from the time when she still had a biological body, so Legion helps them go on a mind-trip where they get to do that.
    end of spoilers
    I like that theory. It's sweet.

Speaking of wallpaper appearances, earlier this year I made the questionable decision of finishing acquiring every 6.16 appearance Cessily has made, no matter how minor. I think the funniest one was that she appeared in 3 issues of a Wolverine storyline called "Rot." In each issue, she appears in one panel, walking in the background (with Bling!, by herself, and then Glob for some reason), and you only ever see the back of her head.

I like that theory. It's sweet.

Speaking of wallpaper appearances, earlier this year I made the questionable decision of finishing acquiring every 6.16 appearance Cessily has made, no matter how minor. I think the funniest one was that she appeared in 3 issues of a Wolverine storyline called "Rot." In each issue, she appears in one panel, walking in the background (with Bling!, by herself, and then Glob for some reason), and you only ever see the back of her head.
    Lol, I remember having read that storyline a while ago, and most likely for the same reason, because usually I don't keep up with Wolverine.

Ultimate Member

Mercury, like Anole, gets a lot of 'walking in the background' appearances I think because of her distinctive appearance. Nobody wants to draw someone unrecognizable like Hope Abbot or Dallas Gibson, when they could draw someone visually distinctive like Pixie or Rockslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Mercury, like Anole, gets a lot of 'walking in the background' appearances I think because of her distinctive appearance. Nobody wants to draw someone unrecognizable like Hope Abbot or Dallas Gibson, when they could draw someone visually distinctive like Pixie or Rockslide.
    Which is sad, since Hope Abbott (A.K.A. Trance) is one of my all-time favorite characters:

I realized the final issue of Leah's X-Factor run comes out the week after Way of X to conclude the gala, so if we're going to see Bling's reaction to the Loa and Mercury date, there's a chance it happens in that issue if there's any space for it.

I realized the final issue of Leah's X-Factor run comes out the week after Way of X to conclude the gala, so if we're going to see Bling's reaction to the Loa and Mercury date, there's a chance it happens in that issue if there's any space for it.
    I'd like to see it, but I don't think there's going to be room - Williams is going to have four(?) plotlines of her own to wrap up, plus setting up the Trial of Magneto and I think it's a regular size issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'd like to see it, but I don't think there's going to be room - Williams is going to have four(?) plotlines of her own to wrap up, plus setting up the Trial of Magneto and I think it's a regular size issue.
    Yeah, if it happens, I'm not expecting more than maybe a one-panel update on their relationship.

It could also just happen later in Way of X #3 or beyond if the repercussions of Mercury and Loa's date will remain a recurring subplot for Si.

It could also just happen later in Way of X #3 or beyond if the repercussions of Mercury and Loa's date will remain a recurring subplot for Si.
    That's true. I really hope they'll get to hang around as supporting characters for a bit.