Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I hope they'll shut the door on that relationship right away by having Synch move on, because since Laura's resurrection it's a minefield of creepy and I have little faith in any writer to pull that off. The only way I can see it work is if the old Laura was revealed to have been kept alive by the Vault and she returns as her own character.
    I forgot that Old Woman Laura isn't necessarily dead. This is indeed a weird and creepy plotline. Have they explained the clone procedure for when they revive someone who isn't dead?

If they do end up giving Hellion is hands back. I kind of want him to do something so that he'll have something that will remind him of everything he's been through.

Maybe have the Five give him metal organic hands (if that makes sense) or have his hand skin tone be silver or grey.

But I guess artist would just F that up.

Regular human hands it is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    I forgot that Old Woman Laura isn't necessarily dead. This is indeed a weird and creepy plotline. Have they explained the clone procedure for when they revive someone who isn't dead?
    The only thing more boring than X-23 would be two X-23s.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    If they do end up giving Hellion is hands back. I kind of want him to do something so that he'll have something that will remind him of everything he's been through.

Maybe have the Five give him metal organic hands (if that makes sense) or have his hand skin tone be silver or grey.

But I guess artist would just F that up.

Regular human hands it is.
    I've had the idea that Mercury could donate a bit of her living metal that would then be grafted to his arms and made to interact with his nervous system. Predator X even sets the precedence that her metal can be successfully fused with living tissue.

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I was thinking about it. The Cuckoos could just basically do for Rockslide what they did for Prodigy.

But instead of knowledge it can be all the memories from his closests friends.

Just so he'd have some semblance of who he was before.

Also i'd love Tom Taylor to tackle these New X-Men Academy kids.

Fantastic Member

I was thinking about it. The Cuckoos could just basically do for Rockslide what they did for Prodigy.

It wouldn't be him either. And potentially it could become even worse than now.

Inhumans had a similar story few years ago with Auran - she died, her daughters collected people's memories about her and used them for resurrection, but in result it wasn't actual Auran who was brought back, but a collective version of how other people saw her and their interpretation of her actions and thoughts, which sometime contradicted each other because different people saw her differently. In result "Auran" pretty much went crazy.

Which would be great for story telling IMO

Ultimate Member

Also i'd love Tom Taylor to tackle these New X-Men Academy kids.
    Or just give new Rockslide the shared memories from his friends so that he can recognize which parts of his new larger self are the Santo they remember, and sort of focus on those memories when around his friends, while still being his 'greater self.'

On the other side, I'd want to see Santo *gain* something from this. Perhaps even an odd sort of connection with others who've experienced something similar, like Gorgon. He's kind of always been sort of a foil character, not a driver-of-the-drama like Hellion or Wind-Dancer or Surge or Prodigy, and it would be interesting to see him move to a different level and in the process of becoming something less of the caricature, become paradoxically more of a 'real character.'

As for others, I wonder if Wither could be resurrected with actual control of his decay-touch. Between the telepaths and Hope, either his X-gene or his ability to control his ability should be able to be improved. And it would add to the wangst that is his life, if after he gains control (and she comes back to life with an unwithered arm), Wallflower *still* doesn't want him touching her...

"But I control my power now..."

"So do I. Walk away or run in terror. Your choice."

There are lots of Academy X folk who could use some updates. Can Surge control her power yet (either through training, telepathic assistance, or someone like Elixir, Hope or Sage tweaking her X-gene with their powers)? Is Icarus still a suicidal mutant-hater religious nut? Did Dust ever find her mom? Is Elixir still Dani's adopted kid, and why has his personality changed so radically as part of the Five?

Tweaking the X-gene, which the Five can explicitly do, even if they don't seem to very often, could radically change the lives of people like Santo or Cessily, allowing them to have a human form and a mutant form, like Colossus or Iceman, shifting into and out of their powered metal/rock forms and back to flesh and blood for when they want to eat ice cream or boink or feel sunlight on their skin or whatever. Yes, it would be a drastic change to their character, but screw it, they aren't being used anyway, and it's already been foreshadowed that this golden age of Krakoa isn't going to last forever anyway, so why the hell not go big and make some real changes?

Starting with Hellion's hands. (And Cyke's visor.)

Show the world that Krakoa isn't your daddy's X-Men. They've already flirted with it, Xavier's walking around on perfectly good legs. Now continue the thought to it's logical conclusion. Terrify the hell out of humanity by demonstrating that the mutants of Krakoa can literally overcome whatever weaknesses they've had to date because of incomplete or uncontrolled mutations, that they can literally *shape their own destiny.*

In that respect, IMO, this Krakoa thing has been a timid half-measure. So much potential. And so much tempestuous nonsense about whether or not some X-chick who was last relevant when she died in the 80s is sleeping with multiple dudes. A feeble distraction from the real story, which the New X-Men generation is far more equipped to tell in the age of Krakoa. (Since most of their generation, like Iceman and Colossus and Storm and Jean, already have perfect control of their mutations and don't need Krakoan 'mutant tech' or 'the Five' to move their personal plots forward.)

Ultimate Member

And hey, just for fun, if any of the New X-Men generation where going to show up at the Hellfire Gala, what would they wear?

The only one I imagined was Wallflower, in a gown that looked like a marble wall, with a stylized graffiti rose spray-painted on it. A literal 'wall-flower.' And an unsubtle metaphor, in that she sprays her pheremones on you to change you, as the tag-artist changes the wall with his paints.

Hellion crashing the Hellfire Gala dressed like OG Broly

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And hey, just for fun, if any of the New X-Men generation where going to show up at the Hellfire Gala, what would they wear?

The only one I imagined was Wallflower, in a gown that looked like a marble wall, with a stylized graffiti rose spray-painted on it. A literal 'wall-flower.' And an unsubtle metaphor, in that she sprays her pheremones on you to change you, as the tag-artist changes the wall with his paints.
    Prodigy is of that generation...
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Prodigy, Laura, Loa, Pixie and Mercury will be at the Hellfire Gala

They really need to give Hellion and Surge more love. The two de facto leaders.
    Also Wind Dancer but i I guess she got her resurrection issue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Prodigy, Laura, Loa, Pixie and Mercury will be at the Hellfire Gala
    Insert the word 'other' to my previous sentence.

'And hey, just for fun, if any of the other New X-Men generation were going to show up at the Hellfire Gala, what would they wear?'

Or, yanno, correct my grammar.