Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

ALL ABOARD THE SS CESSLANI!
    I love Megan's slow realization of where the conversation is going.

Congratulations to Cessily! After all the time in her early history dealing with rejection and self-confidence, she now, deservedly, has multiple people courting her.
    Last edited by Paragon; 05-19-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Makes sense to me that the younger generation would be more open minded and fluid so I don't have any issues with it.

I do dislike that they'll never be given their own Young X-Men title.

I find that blasphemous.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

If I were Roxy, I'd have asked to go as Cessily's plus1.
    My flag is bacon.

To be fair, the entire concept behind Alpha Squadron was initially that they were meant to be the LGBTQ+ kids (or at least, most of the squad was). Hence Northstar and Karma as mentors. I find it much more concerning that Alani is once again coloured so pale. They do realise she's not white, right?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    The New X-Men will do anything to try and stay relevant.
    A persons sexual orentation has nothing to do with relevancy. And the way you worded it makes me think your a homophobe. Well its 2021, grow up!

14+ years ago, I would not have thought Pixie and Prodigy would be the breakout stars of Academy X gang.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    A persons sexual orentation has nothing to do with relevancy. And the way you worded it makes me think your a homophobe. Well its 2021, grow up!
    No, im not. but arguing with people on the internet definitely makes you seem like you need to grow up. I'm just not impressed with making a zillion characters LGBTQ because it's generational. I came out years ago. People still do today. If everyone's gay, no one really is.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    No, im not. but arguing with people on the internet definitely makes you seem like you need to grow up. I'm just not impressed with making a zillion characters LGBTQ because it's generational. I came out years ago. People still do today. If everyone's gay, no one really is.
    I am going to be honest, i feel sexuality in comics nowadays is pointless when out of nowhere characters are suddenly gay, lez or bi when there is not backstory to it outside of maybe one panel which makes it all seem utterly pointless and meaningless. I mean is Loa a established lesbian character? And seriously first they show Mercury with Bling and now this? Do they all just do what Jean does?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I am going to be honest, i feel sexuality in comics nowadays is pointless when out of nowhere characters are suddenly gay, lez or bi when there is not backstory to it outside of maybe one panel which makes it all seem utterly pointless and meaningless. I mean is Loa a established lesbian character? And seriously first they show Mercury with Bling and now this? Do they all just do what Jean does?
    I wasn't a established gay character when I was 20, but that didn't stop me from start making out with other men.

Loa is a teenager living in a polyamorous society. She had her fun with Elixir and now she's attracted to Mercury. She might have realized she's a lesbian or probably she's simply bi. Either way, it shouldn't hurt your enjoyment of the story.

Loa crushing on Mercury is super adorable and I hope these two will get a bit more spotlight during the gala. I wonder if Mercury's relationship with Bling! will be brought up, though I guess we can't say for certain if they're exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I wasn't a established gay character when I was 20, but that didn't stop me from start making out with other men.

Loa is a teenager living in a polyamorous society. She had her fun with Elixir and now she's attracted to Mercury. She might have realized she's a lesbian or probably she's simply bi. Either way, it shouldn't hurt your enjoyment of the story.
    I have never understood the usage of real world examples to fictional settings, not just in this case but in so many others such as religion, ethics, politics and such tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I have never understood the usage of real world examples to fictional settings, not just in this case but in so many others such as religion, ethics, politics and such tbh.
    I'm pretty sure he was just showing that people find their sexualities' at different times to show that the kids that are suddenly being shown expressing that isn't just a writing thing but something that happens in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Loa crushing on Mercury is super adorable and I hope these two will get a bit more spotlight during the gala. I wonder if Mercury's relationship with Bling! will be brought up, though I guess we can't say for certain if they're exclusive.
    Depending on how exclusive they consider themselves, it feels like going on a naked, "totally platonic" not-date with Loa could lead to the type of misunderstanding with Bling! that will somehow blow up in Mercury's face. It is funny that Loa was the one dragging Eye-Boy out of the room when Bling! and Mercury were busy making out in X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Depending on how exclusive they consider themselves, it feels like going on a naked, "totally platonic" not-date with Loa could lead to the type of misunderstanding with Bling! that will somehow blow up in Mercury's face. It is funny that Loa was the one dragging Eye-Boy out of the room when Bling! and Mercury were busy making out in X-Factor.
    I forgot their relationship had been confirmed on Krakoa! Yeah this is messy as hell.

And yes it’s totally normal for Loa to realize she’s in girls or “a” girl. I’m just a little irked that Marvel insists on keeping these characters in the background but then also makes them queer and used them in promotional material for how inclusive they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I forgot their relationship had been confirmed on Krakoa! Yeah this is messy as hell.

And yes it’s totally normal for Loa to realize she’s in girls or “a” girl. I’m just a little irked that Marvel insists on keeping these characters in the background but then also makes them queer and used them in promotional material for how inclusive they are.
    I mean that kind of rings hollow when they made Iceman one of the most recognizable mutants gay