Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Since I may be excited for this to an almost embarrassing degree, I listened to last month's interview with Spurrier again, because I remembered him dropping some teasers for the upcoming gala issue (around the 1:40 hour mark), and it sure does sound juicy:

spoilers:
    "So Way of X 3 starts with this sort of condensed three-page flashback of Nightcrawler's experience of the gala [...] and then the action switches immediately to the after-after-party which is still raging with all the youngsters in a place that I can't talk about and that like becomes the meat of the episode; and in fact that is the Joy of X episode, so it's all about people who are not only hungover, but who are hungover and horny at the same time."
    end of spoilers

I kinda forgot that the Academy X group should be twenty somethings and thus included in the poly stuff going on.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I kinda forgot that the Academy X group should be twenty somethings and thus included in the poly stuff going on.
    I always imagined them to be around the same age as the older Runaways, which should make them young adults at this point.

Is it weird that I see that as 18-21 range now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    They’re late teens up to 21. So college age. Legal adults.

What’s weird is Karma’s younger siblings and Artie and Leech. Those guys should have been New Academy age. Are they even mid teens by this point?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-21-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Is it weird that I see that as 18-21 range now.
    That's the range that makes the most sense to me, ignoring things like when Fraction said Pixie was 18 in an issue of Uncanny from 12 years ago. Yeesh.
    Last edited by Paragon; 05-21-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

What’s weird is Karma’s younger siblings and Artie and Leech. Those guys should have been New Academy age. Are they even mid teens by this point?
    My belief is that Artie is stunted by his mutation.
    My flag is bacon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    My belief is that Artie is stunted by his mutation.
    I think there was a possible future issue of Generation X, with Jubilee, where Leech grew into an adult, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

It’s so crazy to me that comics aging is not only slow, but completely inconsistent. Didn’t Miles Morales debut as a 13 year old? Now he’s 17, while characters who debuted decades earlier are only now reaching puberty (if that).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It’s so crazy to me that comics aging is not only slow, but completely inconsistent. Didn’t Miles Morales debut as a 13 year old? Now he’s 17, while characters who debuted decades earlier are only now reaching puberty (if that).
    With the Academy X kids, I imagine the inconsistency comes from how sparingly they've been used in books at times. The ones that get used semi-regularly feel like they do enough to age a few years, but for a lot of the others, it's hard to feel like they've gotten any older when they only appear in the background of a single panel twice a year.

spoilers:
    OMG! An orgy?
    end of spoilers
    My flag is bacon.

spoilers:
    OMG! An orgy?
    end of spoilers
    I guess the kids are all grown up....

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I guess the kids are all grown up....
    Yes, we've been discussing that in other forums. All of the Academy X kids are of age; some of the "lights" and the later additions (Eye Boy?) may still be teenagers. That could be why New Mutants added all of those little kids.
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

Yes, we've been discussing that in other forums. All of the Academy X kids are of age; some of the "lights" and the later additions (Eye Boy?) may still be teenagers. That could be why New Mutants added all of those little kids.
    Makes me wonder why many of them aren't taking jobs outside Krakoa, considering that the nation/society itself has barely any career opportunities except for those with specific powers, connections or skillsets, half of which is related to those who are trained to fight, so most of them are apparently just sitting around wasting their time on leisures and seemingly suffering from deteriorating mental states.

So if they are of adult age now, one would expect many of them to just find jobs outside Krakoa in order to occupy their minds and feel like they are being productive. Especialy since they are currently in a society where a magic mutant island is providing all their needs and the medical drug trade makes them all super rich.
    Which means they wouldn't even need to worry about bad pay, as they can just labor for the sake of it (which i notice is basicly the Star Trek explanation).

Even if they get rejected a lot, either out of employers being concerned about bad PR for letting mutants "steal jobs" or because of just plain bias, at least they are gathering experience on how to find jobs as mutants, for when Krakoa will crumble appart again. Not to forget that they can pretty much apply anywhere in the world at the moment, so sky's the limit on that.

Somewhere someone might be willing to employ a mutant and what ever it's a cubicle job in Ohio or herding horses in the siberian tundra, it's something that feels like they are spending their time productive.

Overall, for all the opportunities they now have given their nation, it's resources and all, it feels a bit odd that they would sit around partying and wasting their time all day, especialy if they are legaly adults now.
    Last edited by Grunty; 05-22-2021 at 04:49 PM.