Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    That's true. I really hope they'll get to hang around as supporting characters for a bit.
    In that Power of X-Men interview, Si said "Mercury has a very big role to play in a couple of the later issues." Whatever that means, he used a plural, so she should be important to the plot in at least two at some point.
    Last edited by Paragon; 05-29-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    In that Power of X-Men interview, Si said "Mercury has a very big role to play in a couple of the later issues." Whatever that means, he used a plural, so she should be important to the plot in at least two at some point.
    Sweet!

Also, speaking of Spurrier and New X-Men, I had completely forgotten he wrote the Nation X short in which Loa, Rockslide, and Anole asked Magneto for help to find Mercury in the remnants of Asteroid M, where she had somehow got herself trapped in his old hideout and hijacked as a CPU/power-supply:

NationX1.jpg
    Last edited by Starfish; 05-30-2021 at 05:26 AM.

So, is it a safe assumption that Legion is helping Loa and Mercury achieve orgasm? I mean, is Loa afraid that if they try to make physical contact she'll oops and disintegrate poor Mercury? Or am I misinterpreting those images entirely? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    So, is it a safe assumption that Legion is helping Loa and Mercury achieve orgasm? I mean, is Loa afraid that if they try to make physical contact she'll oops and disintegrate poor Mercury? Or am I misinterpreting those images entirely? lol
    It's certainly a possibility. I like Starfish's thought as well:
    As for my theory about what is going on:
    spoilers:
    Cessily seems distraught by her powers in the first panel, and we know she used to do things like eat food in order remind herself what is used to feel human, so what if she wants to go on a date with Loa, but wants to experience it like she remembers it from the time when she still had a biological body, so Legion helps them go on a mind-trip where they get to do that.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Paragon; 05-31-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Sweet!

Also, speaking of Spurrier and New X-Men, I had completely forgotten he wrote the Nation X short in which Loa, Rockslide, and Anole asked Magneto for help to find Mercury in the remnants of Asteroid M, where she had somehow got herself trapped in his old hideout and hijacked as a CPU/power-supply:
    Oh, that's fun. I did not remember that he wrote that. It's currently in my re-read pile, as I've been going through all the Academy X era stuff and then, in conjunction with my purchases, Mercury's appearances that aren't wallpaper. I always loved that "My feet were in my brain" line.

Hm, going by this:
    WayofX2.jpg

and this:
    Ee-NIQ9z-Uw-AAZXKA.jpg

I'm expecting Legion to send them on some kind of psychic date, though by the sound of it it's going to be a quite the trip.

Also, I'm slightly concerned that whatever Loa and Mercury may find there will set off Legion to throw hands with Xavier in the following issue. We know he's not above messing with the memories of his students (maybe he made them forget about Blindfold?).
    Last edited by Starfish; 05-31-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Hm, going by this:
    WayofX2.jpg

and this:
    Ee-NIQ9z-Uw-AAZXKA.jpg

I'm expecting Legion to send them on some kind of psychic date, though by the sound of it it's going to be a quite the trip.
    In another tweet, Mr. Quinn described Cessily's role as spoilers:
    "equal parts hilarious and tragic," so it might not exactly be a pleasant trip down memory lane.
    end of spoilers This is going to be a LONG three weeks.

I wonder what the chances are Pixie, Loa, and Mercury will appear as background filler Gala guests throughout the other comics. I expect Pixie will, but Mercury and Loa are tossups.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    In another tweet, Mr. Quinn described Cessily's role as spoilers:
    "equal parts hilarious and tragic," so it might not exactly be a pleasant trip down memory lane.
    end of spoilers This is going to be a LONG three weeks.

I wonder what the chances are Pixie, Loa, and Mercury will appear as background filler Gala guests throughout the other comics. I expect Pixie will, but Mercury and Loa are tossups.
    It would be awesome to have them show up somewhere, though I guess it largely depends on whether any artists likes them enough to put them in the background, and I imagine many already have a lot of guest appearances to keep track of during their gala issues. So it would be a cool surprise, but I'm not counting on anything before the next issue of Way of X.

And Loa and Mercury certainly should have accumulated more than enough traumatic memories to make any trip into their minds a tense experience, though in this case I'm mostly concerned about any outside influence while psychic powers are involved, especially considering the book's antagonist.

We really need Hellion and Surge explored. Its crazy to me that the two leaders of squads have had no focus in this era.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    We really need Hellion and Surge explored. Its crazy to me that the two leaders of squads have had no focus in this era.
    Agreed. I just don't understand why they get no love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    Agreed. I just don't understand why they get no love.
    File them under, "Makes the O5+ look bad."

Surge repeatedly chewed out Rogue, Xavier, and pretty much all the other Claremont/Byrne/Lee leadership over how badly they failed her generation during Decimation. And Hellion is pretty much a walking advertisement that most of them probably couldn't keep a Pet Rock happy and healthy.

It's not an accident they've had almost nothing to do on Krakoa. They're both hot-headed and opinionated, and have had no trouble in the past calling Xavier & Co. out. I'm STILL amazed they went along with Krakoa at all based on their past characterization.

Oh boy, assuming the girls might end up getting dragged into the conflict with Onslaught, I can't help but think that Mercury would probably make for a tempting host, providing him with a body he likely could control and weaponize on a molecular level.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It's not an accident they've had almost nothing to do on Krakoa. They're both hot-headed and opinionated, and have had no trouble in the past calling Xavier & Co. out. I'm STILL amazed they went along with Krakoa at all based on their past characterization.
    *If* there's not some late reveal that this 'something rotten in Krakoa' vibe we've been getting for a year or so now isn't the result of mass brainwashing (from Xavier selectively downloading only the less suspicious parts of people's personalities and memories when they get resurrected, to Krakoa using it's psychic tap into the life-force of everyone on the island to keep everyone complacent, happy lambs, blithely not trying to escape the predator feeding off of them, perhaps with the full knowledge / covert blessing of other predators meant to watch over him like Selene and Marius St. Croix), *then*

I would not be at all surprised if it turns out that at least some folk are on Krakoa because they want to be there at ground zero when it all goes wrong, and do what they need to help save their friends and community who drank the kool-aid.

And yes, if standing around waiting for the fire to break out involves some hanging out at the bar sipping fruity drinks until then, that's a sacrifice they're willing to make.

(Granted, the more recent characterization suggests that some of them, like Elixir, Anole, Pixie and Jay Guthrie, have very much 'drunk the kool-aid' and are acting *way* out of character. But we haven't seen that from Hellion, Surge, Dust, Tag, etc. And Prodigy seems 'normal,' and not acting super-inconsistent, so if there is something making people all complacent and accepting, it doesn't seem to be affecting everyone equally. Certainly some mutants, like Petra and Sway, hiding on the moon to avoid living on the island that killed them, or the Morlocks, hiding out in a gated community in AZ because they don't want to live on an island that extended a full pardon to the Marauders and Sinister, are immune to this OOC behavior, and, probably not coincidentally, they are usually the mutants who are staying the hell away from the island...)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 06-02-2021 at 12:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    *If* there's not some late reveal that this 'something rotten in Krakoa' vibe we've been getting for a year or so now isn't the result of mass brainwashing (from Xavier selectively downloading only the less suspicious parts of people's personalities and memories when they get resurrected, to Krakoa using it's psychic tap into the life-force of everyone on the island to keep everyone complacent, happy lambs, blithely not trying to escape the predator feeding off of them, perhaps with the full knowledge / covert blessing of other predators meant to watch over him like Selene and Marius St. Croix), *then*

I would not be at all surprised if it turns out that at least some folk are on Krakoa because they want to be there at ground zero when it all goes wrong, and do what they need to help save their friends and community who drank the kool-aid.

And yes, if standing around waiting for the fire to break out involves some hanging out at the bar sipping fruity drinks until then, that's a sacrifice they're willing to make.

(Granted, the more recent characterization suggests that some of them, like Elixir, Anole, Pixie and Jay Guthrie, have very much 'drunk the kool-aid' and are acting *way* out of character. But we haven't seen that from Hellion, Surge, Dust, Tag, etc. And Prodigy seems 'normal,' and not acting super-inconsistent, so if there is something making people all complacent and accepting, it doesn't seem to be affecting everyone equally. Certainly some mutants, like Petra and Sway, hiding on the moon to avoid living on the island that killed them, or the Morlocks, hiding out in a gated community in AZ because they don't want to live on an island that extended a full pardon to the Marauders and Sinister, are immune to this OOC behavior, and, probably not coincidentally, they are usually the mutants who are staying the hell away from the island...)
    Where was some Morlocks living in AZ established?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Where was some Morlocks living in AZ established?
    I think it was in Marauders. A group of Morlocks took a lump sum from the drug sales and went off to live on their own. It was only casually mentioned in like a panel or two, but later they recruited Masque from there to take to Madripoor and do cosmetic surgery (fixing faces of kids with cleft lips and the like) at the clinic there.

Clearly not *all* of the Morlock, though. Callisto isn't among them, and at least a few either were on the island, or still are, as of the first issue of Hellions, as they picked a fight with Greycrow over the whole Morlock Massacre thing.