Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I'm concerned this will become relevant:

spoilers:
    What can you tell us about the Cruci-ball? It seems interesting that the young mutants are throwing their own shindig so soon after the adults had their big Hellfire Gala. Is there a causality or other relationship there?

"There’s definitely some connective gristle, though it’s broadly thematic rather than spelled out loud. Some of the kids will definitely be wearing their torn and muddied Hellfire outfits, mind you.
    The Cruci-ball is what happens when a bunch of youngsters - whose minds have been gently but firmly steered in a particularly dark direction - decide that dying, and indeed killing, is a perfectly reasonable way to have fun.
    Whether you think that’s crazy or not, both notions are based on the idea that resurrection is a standard and predictable part of a mutant’s life.
    ...and, it turns out, thanks to Onslaught, they’re completely and utterly wrong about that. It’s gonna be murder on the dancefloor…"
    end of spoilers

Marvel Announces X-Men: The Onslaught Revelation
    This is why my signature exists.

Conveniently, Loa now knows her better than anyone, and I doubt Spurrier plans to leave them resenting each other like this, so I expect she'll eventually be the one to reach out to Mercury.

Conveniently, Loa now knows her better than anyone, and I doubt Spurrier plans to leave them resenting each other like this, so I expect she'll eventually be the one to reach out to Mercury.
    Exactly. Considering how linked their minds were, she should realize how traumatic it was for both of them, and how deeply Cessily's traumas and insecurities are ingrained into her psyche. But she needs to come up with a better plan than she had for Elixir, because making out doesn't feel like an appropriate solution anymore.

And with that preview for issue 4, seeing DJ, Blink, and Loa all laughing together at the bar, I hope we get to see what Mercury is doing and how she's trying to cope with what happened.

Extraordinary Member

Has Surge been shown on Krakoa yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah. She's shown up in X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She was in a couple issues of X-Factor, the one where Wind Dancer was resurrected and where they did the concert thing to free Shatterstar from Mojo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    She was in a couple issues of X-Factor, the one where Wind Dancer was resurrected and where they did the concert thing to free Shatterstar from Mojo.
    That’s right. I remember now.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Exactly. Considering how linked their minds were, she should realize how traumatic it was for both of them, and how deeply Cessily's traumas and insecurities are ingrained into her psyche. But she needs to come up with a better plan than she had for Elixir, because making out doesn't feel like an appropriate solution anymore.

And with that preview for issue 4, seeing DJ, Blink, and Loa all laughing together at the bar, I hope we get to see what Mercury is doing and how she's trying to cope with what happened.
    Getting to experience all that pent up pain and anger amplified by Onslaught must have been overwhelming by itself, but I can also imagine that Mercury's mind itself might have felt alien to Loa. We know her senses must work differently, and having your consciousness inhabit a mass of metamorphic metal has to be a quite different experience than living with a biological body, in addition to whatever effects the lack of a biological nervous system and assrorted brain chemistry might have. It's not surprising that would have freaked Loa out.

And I'm hoping for the same, though with how Krakoan society is turning out, Mercury appears to be at risk of falling through its cracks. I figure mutant utopia has to appear like a twisted joke to her with its obsession with living technology and anything organic.

Astonishing Member

I'm concerned this will become relevant:
    *spoiler*
    Somehow artwork of Junji Ito came to my mind reading that. Mad faces included.

Side note. I wonder what Marrow would have to say to such a display given her traumatic experience on the Hill? Seeing youths doing for fun, what she was forced to do by circumstances, should be quite a shock.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-24-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Realizing Mercury should be immune to Lost's powers, I like to think the two could form a connection that might help both of them a lot.
    Last edited by Starfish; 07-28-2021 at 09:34 AM.

Since Spurrier used him before, I like to think there are non-terrible odds of Rockslide showing up in Way of X at some point. The book also has the adequate weirdness-factor to address his scrambled mind and possibly find a way to fix it.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Since Spurrier used him before, I like to think there are non-terrible odds of Rockslide showing up in Way of X at some point. The book also has the adequate weirdness-factor to address his scrambled mind and possibly find a way to fix it.
    I think with the September solicitations, it is quite clear this is a mini leading to the Onslaught one-shot. Do not think you will see Rockslide V.II here. We have to settle with Mercury, Loa, Pixie and DJ, which is more kids then the other books are giving us.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

What would even happen if Onslaught tried to possess Rockslide V.2? I'm not sure there are any actual negative emotions to take advantage of. o_O

Hello my fellow Acadmey student fans. Just wanted to inquire. Research purposes.

If a New X-Men titles was launched. And I'm not asking you who your favorites are but I know itll probably come down to that.

But my inquiry is if there was a new team of six. Who would be the go to faces to you that scream New X-Men Academy. Youre like yup thats the Academy team for sure.

The pinnacle team of this generation.

Please don't just pick your favorites.

Spectacular Member

Hellion, Surge, Prodigy, Mercury and the other two would probably go to Rockslide and Elixer but both have issues that might keep them out. I suppose Anole could fill in for one of them. Would love to see Wither return but that's a favorite so it shouldn't count.