Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Hellion, Surge, Wind-Dancer, Rockslide, Icarus and Prodigy.

I picked Hellion and Surge because they've gotten zero play in this era, and were two of the 'main characters,' I felt, in the Academy X era (along with Prodigy, and, later, X-23, when she joined up).

Wind-Dancer is a favorite, and I'm not even sorry (and I wasn't going to have a six person team with five guys and one girl!). She *might* be involved in X-Corps, but, frankly, I don't trust that book to A) use her much at all (like Bishop in Marauders or Gambit in Excalibur, on the team in theory, but never doing anything significant in practice), or B) last all that long.

Rockslide and Icarus, while not even close to my favorites, have important / compelling story beats to explore. Rockslide is all sorts of messed up, and full of almost unlimited potential, at this moment. Somebody's gotta open that box and find out if this cat's alive or dead, and who knows how many things will pour out when they do? And Icarus, ooh boy, here's a dude who has been resurrected into a mutant paradise filled with people his actions got killed, because he *hated* being a mutant and mutilated himself and joined a mutant-killing death-church (that murdered him, and Wallflower, and tons of others)! There's one hell of a story there! Is he still all self-loathing? Do any of his former peers resent him for getting them killed? What's his relationship with his family, who include tons of mutants, who he hates?

I would be inclined to pick Elixir for a sixth, because he was good for drama, but he's gotten a ton of play, and, frankly, is utterly unrecognizable as a character from the punk he used to be. Same with Anole, he's a completely different character than he was, and I have zero interest in this new naif.

Dust is a favorite, but kind of dull. I'd love to include Indra, but, sorry dude, you're not as compelling to everyone-who-is-not-me as the rest!

For a sixth, it would have to be Prodigy, the last of the 'big names' (other than Laura) from that era, who I would have skipped because of his role in X-Factor, but if X-Factor is kaput, then he needs a place to land.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Hello my fellow Acadmey student fans. Just wanted to inquire. Research purposes.

If a New X-Men titles was launched. And I'm not asking you who your favorites are but I know itll probably come down to that.

But my inquiry is if there was a new team of six. Who would be the go to faces to you that scream New X-Men Academy. Youre like yup thats the Academy team for sure.

The pinnacle team of this generation.

Please don't just pick your favorites.
    If we're going the All Star Team it would most likely be: X-23, Armor, Pixie, Prodigy, Hellion & Surge due to fan recognition, recent prominence and just correlation to the brand.

IF we're going for what a NXM team should be in the current era (and not really pilfering from other teams); the best roster would be Hellion and Surge mentoring the younger batch IE Gabby or less seen characters like Indra.

But my personal team? Gunna bump up to seven: Hellion, X-23, Surge, Mercury, Loa, Anole & Rockslide.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    If we're going the All Star Team it would most likely be: X-23, Armor, Pixie, Prodigy, Hellion & Surge due to fan recognition, recent prominence and just correlation to the brand.

IF we're going for what a NXM team should be in the current era (and not really pilfering from other teams); the best roster would be Hellion and Surge mentoring the younger batch IE Gabby or less seen characters like Indra.

But my personal team? Gunna bump up to seven: Hellion, X-23, Surge, Mercury, Loa, Anole & Rockslide.
    Anole and Rockslide should be considered as one regardless. Having one without the other is just wrong.

I was thinking even without the school if would be great for the senior New X-Men Academy kids to have squads on Krakoa.

Just to look out for eachother.

Hello my fellow Acadmey student fans. Just wanted to inquire. Research purposes.

If a New X-Men titles was launched. And I'm not asking you who your favorites are but I know itll probably come down to that.

But my inquiry is if there was a new team of six. Who would be the go to faces to you that scream New X-Men Academy. Youre like yup thats the Academy team for sure.

Wind Dancer, Surge, Prodigy, Anole, Rockslide, and Hellion

I really like Mercury/Bling! but want to see them get swooped up in another team. Likewise, I like/prefer Armor, Nezhno, Laura, Pixie, Dust, and Elixir* better in other environments--largely the current status quo for each character is better IMO.

*Should cameo for sure.

Sofia appears in X-Corp #3 preview

Hellion
    Surge
    Gentle
    Network
    Dryad
    Tag

Had to go to the wiki to look up two. Network and Dryad had powers I found interesting and were from different Academy X teams. They also round out the "Reborn" members with Tag.

Gentle was brought in due to Wakanda connection and thus Space.

Surge and Hellion are old favs and not appearing as of yet.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Sofia appears in X-Corp #3 preview
    She desperately needs a new uniform

Somebody got a big power-up in Way of X #4 preview.

A question: are there X-kids who are CANONICALLY anime/manga fans?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Somebody got a big power-up in Way of X #4 preview.

A question: are there X-kids who are CANONICALLY anime/manga fans?
    Don't know but if I had to guess

I'm going with
    Laura is a secrete shojo fan.
    Gabby likes gintama
    Julian and rockslide shonen
    Pixie bishounen
    David reads ligh novels

The rest i don't know

Julian and Victor def argue with each other about featz in the Big Three

Julian worships DBZ

And I maintain in the 616 that the NXM ghostwrote My Hero Academia
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

so Dust, Mercury , Hellion , and Tag

since Rockslide doesn't have his mind I don't think he will be with them

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I hope its a good cameo. I kept asking him for a Surge, Wind Dancer, Hellion cameo.

So we'll see what we get