Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Ive heard artist literally say they google certain characters. Thats why Anole sometimes had a tail or a normal arm.

Also its not the artist. Its the COLORIST!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Ive heard artist literally say they google certain characters. Thats why Anole sometimes had a tail or a normal arm.

Also its not the artist. Its the COLORIST!
    He's had a tail occasionally? I don't know if I've seen those. Do you remember any of the times that's happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    He's had a tail occasionally? I don't know if I've seen those. Do you remember any of the times that's happened?
    Tail appeared in the Iceman mini for sure at one point, in the danger room I think.

A quick google image search shows me a pintrest scan

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Tail appeared in the Iceman mini for sure at one point, in the danger room I think.

And there it is indeed. I never read the Iceman mini. How interesting. Thanks.

edit: It's always impressive how many people something like this can get by. The book's editor didn't even notice.
    Last edited by Paragon; 08-24-2021 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

I think it happened in one of the recent New Mutants issues too.

All-New Member

Give them a book marvel! Ngl a book where mercury and pixie are teaching the new kids would be cute as ****

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    Give them a book marvel! Ngl a book where mercury and pixie are teaching the new kids would be cute as ****
    Teaching them what? Firearm Safety?

Mercury and Pixie: Look down inside this tube thingy like this kids while pulling on this hook thingy........
    Last edited by rcaguy; 08-24-2021 at 09:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post

Mercury and Pixie: Look down inside this tube thingy like this kids while pulling on this hook thingy........
    Not that it would do much harm to Mercury, given that she would simply do the T-1000 after getting hit by bullets. Though her being extremely casual about getting harmed by such things would potential make her a bad teacher (not that Logan would be much better...).

Though now i wonder how the movie industry in the Marvel Universe should look like with regard to the massive and almost casual amount of super powered individuals around. Especialy mutants.

Like B-movie producers could essentialy bypass larger CGI budgets by hiring the right mutants for the job and compete with the big movie production studios.

Need a killer robot made of liquid metal but don't have the budget? Hire Mercury. Need a bunch of faries and fanastic monsters for a fantasy movie but don't have money for CGI and make-up? Hire Pixie and co. Require animal handling while keeping PETA happy? Hire someone like Dani Moonstar who brokers a deal between the animals and the studio and who can tell them what they are required to do for their scenes (she can basicly herd cats).

EDIT:
    Now that i thought about it. Forget the whole drug trade. The mutants of Krakoa should start a whole blown entertainment industry.

Instead of traumatizing people around the world by showing their represenatives and stars being turned into puppets on a string via mind control during a concert. They should just support local production of artwork, music and movies in developing countries, via financial support, people who can help them in their productions via their super powers and secruity, while also starting their own companies who produce mutant based entertainment products.

I'm pretty sure a mutant telenovela would do a lot more good for PR, than any of the publicity stunts and claims of godhood they have thrown around so far.

They have so many people, including teenagers and young adults, with nothing to do. This could give them some sort of work to do and things they can claim for themself (also where power isn't the all deciding factor of their worth).
    Last edited by Grunty; 08-25-2021 at 05:21 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I think it happened in one of the recent New Mutants issues too.
    I could care that the New Mutants book *draws* Anole 20% wrong, when the characterization is 100% off.

Meanwhile, Indra, who was canonically the youngest of the Academy X generation to survive the Decimation, is now a foot taller than Anole and looks like a twenty-something, while Anole is weirdly even younger than he used to be...

Speaking of the New X-Men teaching the younger generations, another aspect that makes the idea of any of them being involved in Wanda's murder so interesting is that it would make them very popular with Krakoa's youth. Considering that younger mutants should make up by far the largest demographic on their island nation, that's potentially a lot of influence. Bring in Exodus seizing the opportunity to position himself in their favour as someone taking the concerns of Krakoa's youth seriously, and the more moderate members of the Council might find themselves in a difficult position.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post

Smiling through the pain 101. Pixie hat her apple ripped apart and stolen several times and mercury had her skin ripped off and used to make predator x's. Yet there still happy despite all the dead body's and horrys they suffered through. There still suffering the trauma but smile without a care in the world, thats a useful skill to teach because the xmen won't help them deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Not that it would do much harm to Mercury, given that she would simply do the T-1000 after getting hit by bullets. Though her being extremely casual about getting harmed by such things would potential make her a bad teacher (not that Logan would be much better...).
    If she works on her comedic timing, though, it could make her everyone's favorite teacher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Speaking of the New X-Men teaching the younger generations, another aspect that makes the idea of any of them being involved in Wanda's murder so interesting is that it would make them very popular with Krakoa's youth. Considering that younger mutants should make up by far the largest demographic on their island nation, that's potentially a lot of influence. Bring in Exodus seizing the opportunity to position himself in their favour as someone taking the concerns of Krakoa's youth seriously, and the more moderate members of the Council might find themselves in a difficult position.
    You know, if the murder hadn't happened at the end of the Gala, whoever did it could have leveraged all that popularity into getting on the X-Men roster. How awkward would that have been?
    I think Exodus and Nightcrawler are probably the only members of the council actively trying to either influence or understand the youth groups on Krakoa. Xavier pawned off training kids onto the New Mutants, and the others are more concerned with their own matters. Considering the Council positions have still been treated as permanent since Apocalypse and Jean have yet to be replaced, I'd be interested in seeing how the Council would have dealt with the youth or some other group staging mass protests over how things are run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I could care that the New Mutants book *draws* Anole 20% wrong, when the characterization is 100% off.

Meanwhile, Indra, who was canonically the youngest of the Academy X generation to survive the Decimation, is now a foot taller than Anole and looks like a twenty-something, while Anole is weirdly even younger than he used to be...
    Oh, I agree he's been written ENTIRELY out of character. Just noting ANOTHER place they screwed up his appearance as well.

While I doubt Krakoa even has a minimum drinking age - because it's not somewhere mega-conservative like Iran or the USA and you can come back if you drink too many Zombies and drown face-down in the sea - the Anole in New Mutants doesn't seem to be the same as the older version who's assisting Blob on the Tiki bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

I know Indra wasn't really that developed at the time, but I always thought it was SUPER weird that Indra was the youngest. I would've sworn Anole, Pixie, and Wolf Cub were far younger.