Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 LastLast

A tiny cameo by Mercury and Bling! in Wolverine #17, once more partying in the Green Lagoon:

I feel like Surge gets a bad rap for two different reason 1 because she is less known and 2 because the people who know of her think of her as a Jubilee wannabe and instead of using Surge they just use Jubilee.

I am talking about writers

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I like to think that Wind Dancer's prompt resurrection is at least partially nepotism -- with Prodigy as a member of X-Factor and Elixir as one of the Five, even if the team wasn't trying to solve the horrible Mojoworld hijinx, once they'd been aware of her death, David would've told Josh and she'd have been fast tracked in the queue.

I revisit this image of Surge, Wind Dancer and Hellion often. Its so beautiful. Warms my nerdy heart.
    It's also simply that the queue concept doesn't work. Almost everyone who dies is brought back immediately by skipping to the front of the queue, sometimes multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I feel like Surge gets a bad rap for two different reason 1 because she is less known and 2 because the people who know of her think of her as a Jubilee wannabe and instead of using Surge they just use Jubilee.

It could also be that Surge is unpleasant.

I say that as a fan of Surge. So I would argue people use Quentin as the antagonistic outspoken youth.

BANNED

When written properly, Surge is outspoken, opinionated, and has no problems calling out Saint Xavier and the rest of the O5+ for their screw-ups, rather than being a good little obedient child soldier falling into line with the rest of the X-Sheep.

So of COURSE she's going to be shoved off into Wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    When written properly, Surge is outspoken, opinionated, and has no problems calling out Saint Xavier and the rest of the O5+ for their screw-ups, rather than being a good little obedient child soldier falling into line with the rest of the X-Sheep.

So of COURSE she's going to be shoved off into Wallpaper.
    Wallpaper would be an upgrade for Nori at this point, to be fair.

Getting war flashbacks to the Liu book, where Surge showed up in the first issue to complain about Laura, and then get called a bitch by Dust. Though oddly enough, Surge actually raised a few good points there, but that was probably unintentional.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Getting war flashbacks to the Liu book, where Surge showed up in the first issue to complain about Laura, and then get called a bitch by Dust. Though oddly enough, Surge actually raised a few good points there, but that was probably unintentional.
    Are you talking about the issue where Surge called out for Dust the way she was dressing believing it was anti woman?

Ultimate Member

I feel like Surge is too much of a gadfly to be visible in this Age of Krakoa. Characters like her, or Marrow, in the past, tend to play the curmudgeon and point out the less utopian bits a little too loudly to be welcome.

Either she'd play against the paradise tone, like a serpent in the garden, or she'd come off as a shrill crazy person, ranting about the sky falling while everyone parties around her in a tropical paradise where booze grows on trees and *nothing* has consequences.

It's possibly for the best that she isn't shown much, given how out of character and inconsistently various side-characters have been portrayed. (Dust's recent appearance on Arakko, for instance. She's able to turn into a sandstorm. She should be able to do jack and squat against a meteorological event, other than get blown along with it and make it *even more dangerous,* she's not Storm, or even Wind-Dancer!)

Are you talking about the issue where Surge called out for Dust the way she was dressing believing it was anti woman?
    No, I mean Liu's X-23 book. In it, Surge calls out Laura for joining a secret kill squad for Cyclops, despite coming to this school to stop killing. She also says that Laura never came to talk to her friends or ask them for help, and even wondered if Laura actually saw them as her friends. While Surge was insensitive and didn't hear Laura's side of things, it does look pretty bad. And since most writers forgot about Laura's past friendships with them after this, Surge accidentally looks right about the friendship part.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

No, I mean Liu's X-23 book. In it, Surge calls out Laura for joining a secret kill squad for Cyclops, despite coming to this school to stop killing. She also says that Laura never came to talk to her friends or ask them for help, and even wondered if Laura actually saw them as her friends. While Surge was insensitive and didn't hear Laura's side of things, it does look pretty bad. And since most writers forgot about Laura's past friendships with them after this, Surge accidentally looks right about the friendship part.
    Ah the Old "Jerk Has a Point" trope. Man those pointa never stop smarting.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Laura is that girl who used to be in the nerd crew but is now in the cheerleader team and avoid her former friends.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    A tiny cameo by Mercury and Bling! in Wolverine #17, once more partying in the Green Lagoon:

Any guesses on who else is there. Is the blueish one with red hair that mermaid mutant who was only seen in that giant shot of the green lagoon, when the lagoon was introduced. And is the full blue one Curse, I would guess with the head points of sorts.... if so how does that workout with the nature girl/curse storyline going on in in the unlimited series....

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Any guesses on who else is there. Is the blueish one with red hair that mermaid mutant who was only seen in that giant shot of the green lagoon, when the lagoon was introduced. And is the full blue one Curse, I would guess with the head points of sorts.... if so how does that workout with the nature girl/curse storyline going on in in the unlimited series....
    Based on their previous appearance at the Lagoon scene in X-Force, I assumed the silver/grey redhead in the water to be Mercury, and the turquoise girl nearby to be Bling:

There's also a girl who could be Loa on the next page in the recent Wolverine issue, though her tattoos don't appear to be accurate:

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Based on their previous appearance at the Lagoon scene in X-Force, I assumed the silver/grey redhead in the water to be Mercury, and the turquoise girl nearby to be Bling:

There's also a girl who could be Loa on the next page in the recent Wolverine issue, though her tattoos don't appear to be accurate:

The back doesnt look right to me. Between the hair and her arms look like little webbing or like gills to me. Or the art is that hard to tell. I also was thinking maybe Transonic. And is that supposed to Anole playing music? The colors on everyone just seem a bit off, either that or its the is it blue dress or gold dress all over again.

As for Loa, her tats dont all connect like that but maybe artist interpetation. But Loa has had redish hair. It just depends on her hair dressers choice
    Last edited by dragon1440; 10-30-2021 at 09:52 PM.