Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I won't believe a New X-Men book could do worse than X-Corp or Fallen Angels. So why can't we even get a mini-series?
    It is genuinely ridiculous when you think about it. I mean, a group of people actually had to sit down and review the concept for that Fallen Angels book at some point, right? And they saw that ****, thought "yep, that's awesome, it'll sell like hotcakes" and put it out into the wild.

How that can happen while we don't get anything New X-Men related truly does boggle the mind.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

https://www.deviantart.com/maximegar...ANTS-440957622

Someone did a fanart concept where the Academy kids took over as the X-men. I thought you guys might like.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Someone did a fanart concept where the Academy kids took over as the X-men. I thought you guys might like.
    That's lovely. My fave would be Trance as Psylocke (LOL):

Wind Dancer is the only one missing, though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    This hand talk reminded me of one of my favorite Hellion fan-comics.

Source
    Heh. Hope brainwashing you would be giving you a personality......
    Last edited by rcaguy; 12-24-2021 at 09:44 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    I feel like Mr. Sinister would be petty and vain enough to complain about Loa having a red diamond on her forehead.

It's a very nice cover.
    She did steal the idea from him since he had one before she was born and she's not paying him any royalities for the use of it.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 12-24-2021 at 09:31 PM.

MercuryChristmas.jpg

Happy holidays, everyone! Here's hoping Santa leaves us a little more content for the upcoming year.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Maxime is serious talent and big X-youth fan.
    He's done some really lovely pieces since then on his instagram. Some including Sofia.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I like Surge a lot I can't believe that people don't like her that much

I think a lot of people interpret her anger at the senior team and protectiveness of her friends as being a bitch. Doesn't help that's jow the last couple of writers in the 616 have basically used her either.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I think a lot of people interpret her anger at the senior team and protectiveness of her friends as being a bitch. Doesn't help that's jow the last couple of writers in the 616 have basically used her either.
    Surge was right the senior team were incompetent and if I was a student at the school when they were talking about X-Men don't kill after Donald Pierce killed Wolf Cub I would have killed Donald Pierce in front of them and than Superman punched every X-Men member present in the face. But to be fair I am really a New Mutants fan I have always hated the X-Men and found them disgusting until the Cyclops Utopia era where he started eliminating threats to mutantkind.
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 12-29-2021 at 08:21 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The last couple times we've actually seen Surge she's been a good little soldier. All of her fire and anger has been written out. I can't imagine a writer today having her tell Xavier or Cyclops off like she did back in the day. The fact she's going along with Krakoa AT ALL is just more proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I like Surge a lot I can't believe that people don't like her that much
    I think because she was sort a racist towards Dust and bitchy to Jubilee when she was depowered.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Just for those who care, the New X-Men kids are doing quite well in the CBR Forum 2021 X-Books voting category Most Missed Character.

If you want to make sure you got your favorites in, click in the 'HERE' in my signature.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I think because she was sort a racist towards Dust and bitchy to Jubilee when she was depowered.
    She didn't like Dust wearing that conservative outfit because she herself came from a conservative house with her father who threw her out when she didn't fit that stereotypical image of a Japanese girl by being a mutant.

So when she sees Dust wearing that burka she can only see a woman who is choosing to conform to this conservative idea of how women should act and dress while also being a mutant. She can't understand why a woman would choose to do that. Which makes sense for the character.

As for the Jubilee thing that was the same reason she tried to get Prodigy to leave. He wasn't a mutant anymore and thus would be put in danger. So she started acting mean to get him to leave.