Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

female cypher interesting

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    that's not a female cypher. That is cipher. Sorry just really comes across as misogynistic. I know that was not the intent, but that's how it comes across. Give her the respect she deserves as a black female character and look up the proper spelling. People don't think about how little things like that are how things like systematic racism and sexism come to exist. When we allow all the little to add up it becomes a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Simple enough mistake.
    Cipher was introduced in Guggenheim's very short lived Young X-Men. She was retconned into being this invisible presence among the X-Men since Whedon's Astonishing days, if I recall correctly. All those times Blindfold was talking to herself -- she was apparently talking to Alisa (Cipher) instead.

Her powers grant her complete imperceptibility. She can become invisible, inaudible, intangible, and she can also fly and seemingly disrupt what she phases through, similar to when Kate phases through machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Simple enough mistake.
    Cipher was introduced in Guggenheim's very short lived Young X-Men. She was retconned into being this invisible presence among the X-Men since Whedon's Astonishing days, if I recall correctly. All those times Blindfold was talking to herself -- she was apparently talking to Alisa (Cipher) instead.

Her powers grant her complete imperceptibility. She can become invisible, inaudible, intangible, and she can also fly and seemingly disrupt what she phases through, similar to when Kate phases through machines.
    actually it was the Morrison era

Quote Originally Posted by aXel View Post

Mercury and Surge we're part of the roster of X-men that Hickman showed in the panel of 2019 comic con. I hope they have big plans for them.
    That was almost 2 years ago and things change. I wouldnt hold this as gospel. Hickman has already pulled back on stuff he threw out there like Warlock secretly being a part of Doug and on the island.
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-11-2021 at 07:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member

What’s the novel about?

It takes place during Krakoa?

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Looks like the dagger was last used on Juggy in Amazing X-Men
    Hmm interesting. What about her soul? Is it whole again?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    X-Kids novel cover is out:

Anole is the POV character for this one.
    I got PTSD just from seeing Cipher and Greymalkin then remembering Young X-Men....God it was horrible. X-Men Gold level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    I got PTSD just from seeing Cipher and Greymalkin then remembering Young X-Men....God it was horrible. X-Men Gold level.
    It was worse. Guggs writing with less interesting characters

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    For those whi are interested, this is the final Trance Redesign that I was working on. I was done with a few days ago, but felt like sharing in the new thread, after the first page so here it is. I'd like to hear if there's anything you really like\dislike abou it. I'll try to do DJ next.

Late to the party, I know. But, I must say I totally think your redesign is awesome!

Here's hoping 2021 will be a big year for Hope Abbott (A.K.A. Trance):

Could Mercury and Hellion be the White Rooks of Emma? Is their a position under Callisto?

Astonishing Member

CzhweLVRes8KQ5uLojgnXf-1200-80.jpg

I cannot stress how much I'm looking forward to way of x

Pixie and Loa had some spotlight prior to this so they make sense. DJ is so left field and I love it since we’ve never really seen Mark as a character or him use his powers in action.

Pixie will be in Runaways in April

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Could Mercury and Hellion be the White Rooks of Emma? Is [there] a position under Callisto?
    No. There's only ten positions in the revised Hellfire Trading Company set - a Lord Imperial (overall head, none at present); Black, White and Red Monarchs (Kings OR Queens, not both); one Bishop each and one Knight each. White is filled (Emma, Christan Frost, Callisto), Black & Red still have empty Knight spots, I think.

Nezhno showed up in the background in the latest issue of Cable with kid Gladiator. Honestly it was my favorite part of that issue.

X-men Red gave me hope that Nezhno was going to get some development, and we did get some, but now...he's back to being wallpaper. I'm crossing my fingers that he will show up expectantly. If DJ is getting some love then I can keep hope alive.