Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 86
  1. #61
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    869

    Default

    the post-crisis version.


  2. #62
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    one of my favorite animated short. They really make him very spooky
    Agreed .

  3. #63
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Agreed .
    Yeah, that was really good.

  4. #64
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,878

    Default

    Chiming in to show my love for that short. It was such an effective proof of concept for The Spectre that I just refer to it when someone wants to know more about him.

  5. #65
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Chiming in to show my love for that short. It was such an effective proof of concept for The Spectre that I just refer to it when someone wants to know more about him.
    I never would have thought Gary Cole could play somebody like Jim/The Spectre, but he proved me wrong.

  6. #66
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    8,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I never would have thought Gary Cole could play somebody like Jim/The Spectre, but he proved me wrong.
    I thought he did also. I usually split the difference in that I read Corrigan in Cole's voice but Hamil as the Spectre.

  7. #67
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Chiming in to show my love for that short. It was such an effective proof of concept for The Spectre that I just refer to it when someone wants to know more about him.
    Yeah, if they gave Spectre a creep show like anthology series on HBO Max I could see it doing very well if it’s like that showcase.

    Brief aside, I wonder with Infinite Frontier if we will see a new Spectre Host considering what happened
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  8. #68
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I thought he did also. I usually split the difference in that I read Corrigan in Cole's voice but Hamil as the Spectre.
    Cole is Corrigan, but the Spectre? I don't know. I feel like his voice registers two ways. When angry as the ultra-low reverberations of a sombre pipe organ played slowly that makes your spine shake. Like you don't actually hear words but they shake you in the core of your being. You feel what he's saying and it's terrifying.

    But when casually speaking? A quiet, breathless, raspy whisper that slips in your ear and sends a chill through your nervous system.

    He's a ghost. I like that you can't perceive his voice normally and that it instead can only be heard internally, but not like telepathy-- like something invading your very soul.
    Last edited by Robanker; 06-06-2021 at 01:43 PM.

  9. #69
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    8,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Cole is Corrigan, but the Spectre? I don't know. I feel like his voice registers two ways. When angry as the ultra-low reverberations of a sombre pipe organ played slowly that makes your spine shake. Like you don't actually hear words but they shake you in the core of your being. You feel what he's saying and it's terrifying.

    But when casually speaking? A quiet, breathless, raspy whisper that slips in your ear and sends a chill through your nervous system.

    He's a ghost. I like that you can't perceive his voice normally and that it instead can only be heard internally, but not like telepathy-- like something invading your very soul.
    Good mindset for the Spectre voice. When he gets mad it should be some Old Testament God kind of stuff.

  10. #70
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Cole is Corrigan, but the Spectre? I don't know. I feel like his voice registers two ways. When angry as the ultra-low reverberations of a sombre pipe organ played slowly that makes your spine shake. Like you don't actually hear words but they shake you in the core of your being. You feel what he's saying and it's terrifying.

    But when casually speaking? A quiet, breathless, raspy whisper that slips in your ear and sends a chill through your nervous system.

    He's a ghost. I like that you can't perceive his voice normally and that it instead can only be heard internally, but not like telepathy-- like something invading your very soul.
    Yikes, that's creepy. Well played.

  11. #71
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    8,011

  12. #72
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    8,011

    Default


  13. #73
    Mighty Member signalman112's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Ernie Chan.

    SpectreErnieChan.jpg

  14. #74
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Kinda worried about the Earth here...

  15. #75
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kinda worried about the Earth here...
    He's just trying to find his keys. It'll be fiiiine.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •