All-New Member

Default Terry Silver and Kreese vs Mr. Miyagi

In Karate Kid 3 they fought Mr. Miyagi separately. What if they worked together against him. I still think Mr. Miyagi still wins but in a two on one a lucky hit could land or a dirty move.

Thoughts?

he actually has beat them both trivially, and if season 3 is any guide, then we havent even seen Mr. Miyagi use most of his skill set (pressure points) when beating the stuffin outta them. so yea easy win for him (again)

Im iffy on a lucky hit...i don't think we ever seen Miyagi get hit in the movies, because the people he fought arent on his level. but i don't think a decorated warrior like him will fold instantly when he does get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    we havent even seen Mr. Miyagi use most of his skill set (pressure points)
    One of the greatest retcons ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Though it makes sense, as the pressure points were designed as an aggressive move and used to set up the opponent for a kill. By the time Miyagi was training Daniel, he was following a personal philosophy of defense, balancing oneself, and showing mercy, which the pressure points (as they were likely explained to him) were antithesis to.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...you're now doing this just to bug me, I know it.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...you're now doing this just to bug me, I know it.
    *pinches your nose*

HONK!

*pinches your nose*

HONK!
    I admit, I laughed. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I admit, I laughed. ^_^
    That's the only thing I've ever wanted from you!

That's the only thing I've ever wanted from you!
    You get that pretty easily, man. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Mighty Member

Myagi san is going to kick their asses .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    he actually has beat them both trivially, and if season 3 is any guide, then we havent even seen Mr. Miyagi use most of his skill set (pressure points) when beating the stuffin outta them. so yea easy win for him (again)

Im iffy on a lucky hit...i don't think we ever seen Miyagi get hit in the movies, because the people he fought arent on his level. but i don't think a decorated warrior like him will fold instantly when he does get hit.
    Miyagi takes only one hit in the entire franchise in "Karate Kid 2." Chozen pushed Daniel at him and landed a blow with the blunt end of his spear while Miyagi was steadying Daniel and his back was turned.

We saw in KK1 that he can take on multiple opponents easily (granted Johnny and co were far below him), so even if Kreese and Terry attacked simultaneously I've no doubt he would defeat them easily.

They did this fight in Karate Kid Part III, though there Kreese and Terry Silver were so assured of victory they tried fighting him one-on-one (well, Kreese did. Terry had no choice once Kreese had been taken out).
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post

They did this fight in Karate Kid Part III, though there Kreese and Terry Silver were so assured of victory they tried fighting him one-on-one (well, Kreese did. Terry had no choice once Kreese had been taken out).
    Miayagi's ending to that fight is so class - right up there with the various nose honks.

About his skills, the dude has clearly insane reflexes, ludicrous striking power (he broke Sato's giant log with one strike) and perfect defense. He wouldn't lose to 10 Kreese & Silvers. In all of these fights, he's not actually trying to hurt anyone - he's actively avoiding it. Put him in Rumbles and people are getting killed or permanently crippled.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post

I gotta say, as an Asian American kid who would be mocked with anti-Asian racism and bullied with racist caricatures and ridiculous stereotyped accents back in the day, Mr. Miyagi mocking Silver at the end there by throwing his own medicine back at him was extremely satisfying and pretty vindicating for a kid.