View Poll Results: Which Bobby did you read First?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • THE OG New Mutant

33 57.89%
  • X-Force

12 21.05%
  • X-Corp

1 1.75%
  • Avenger

7 12.28%
  • New New Mutant

4 7.02%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm not sure you can really call him OG when you can clearly see in the OP alone that he's changed his style fricking loads over the years.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I miss-typed. I actually read him in the OG New Mutants.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I'm not sure you can really call him OG when you can clearly see in the OP alone that he's changed his style fricking loads over the years.
    OG means original and regardless of how many times he's changed his style, he will always be an original member of the New Mutants. That will never change

I first read Berto in New Mutants.
    He was not really my favorite, often arrogant and prone to anger.
    I was interested in his potential when he became Lord Imperial of the Hellfire Club, but it amounted to nothing, since the statut quo wanted Shaw alway come back as the man in charge.
    It was in Avengers that Sunspot got the awesomeness to back up his bravado.

Ewing's Sunspot is my favorite version of the character, but to be fair it was all thanks to Hickman.
    The first time he gave me chills was during Time Runs Out, when he was the one holding the Avengers together and trying to get the job done while Steve and Tony were acting like children.

As an Avenger, Berto got from my bottom 3 New Mutants to my top 3 Marvel characters. As an X-Man, he is still in the shadow of the Not New, Not Different.
    Now that he is out of the Baby Team, I hope Hickman wll give him a similar moment again, maybe with calling the High Council out of their ****.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 01-07-2021 at 10:34 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I gotta say, Roberto has got to be in the running for best dressed
    It is high fashion, it is the moment, it is Mutant!
    1qK75VD.jpg
    Ey8HVEtWYAEUaTr-e1618409451127-1200x628.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    I gotta say, Roberto has got to be in the running for best dressed
    It is high fashion, it is the moment, it is Mutant!
    1qK75VD.jpg
    Ey8HVEtWYAEUaTr-e1618409451127-1200x628.jpg
    I think the look fits Bobby. I would have went with a different pattern (more gold or yellow) but it's not bad.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mighty Member

I was really hoping that Bobby would have won the X-Men team member vote. I guess there are not enough Sunspot fans out there. #crazypeople

With both Sunfire and Rogue on the team, his powers are a bit redundant. But by that logic, Rogue and Synch shouldn't be on the same team either...
    I'm hoping Sunspot will have a bigger role in X-Corp, and/or whatever book Hickman is writing next. I'm ready for him to leave Sam alone and have a bigger role in the X-Books

With both Sunfire and Rogue on the team, his powers are a bit redundant. But by that logic, Rogue and Synch shouldn't be on the same team either...
    I'm hoping Sunspot will have a bigger role in X-Corp, and/or whatever book Hickman is writing next. I'm ready for him to leave Sam alone and have a bigger role in the X-Books
    You know Synch filled their black male quota.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You know Synch filled their black male quota.
    God forbid they have more than one at a time. I’m also not a fan of how he is depicted lately. It’s like he has taken a step back in power and personality.

read him X-Force first then went back to New Mutants.......don't care about the Avengers like that so skipped that..
    Wanted him to make the New X-Men team would have been nice and a real full circle moment.

I'm not a big fan of his Gala outfit...like how does it even go on? You'd think Roberto would really show off wgstva clothes horse he is but Judy wearing a sash and one pant leg???? Also whyyyyy is he already powered up? I feel artists/writers always have him in his Sunspot form to avoid coloring him incorrectly
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

I'm not a big fan of his Gala outfit...like how does it even go on? You'd think Roberto would really show off wgstva clothes horse he is but Judy wearing a sash and one pant leg???? Also whyyyyy is he already powered up? I feel artists/writers always have him in his Sunspot form to avoid coloring him incorrectly
    I agree completely

I agree about the coloring comment. I do like the outfit, because I think it looks like a solar flare, but I still feel he's a bit overdressed. I'd want him to be in whatever the himbo version of an Emma Frost outfit. I think it fits his character.

Incredible Member

I agree about the coloring comment. I do like the outfit, because I think it looks like a solar flare, but I still feel he's a bit overdressed. I'd want him to be in whatever the himbo version of an Emma Frost outfit. I think it fits his character.
    I was torn at first but actually like it because it reminds me of Reignfire a little.