View Poll Results: Which Bobby did you read First?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • THE OG New Mutant

33 57.89%
  • X-Force

12 21.05%
  • X-Corp

1 1.75%
  • Avenger

7 12.28%
  • New New Mutant

4 7.02%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default First! Black X-Dude and Billionaire Playboy Sunspot Appreciation 2021

The OG New Mutant
    Fresh from losing his gf Bobby was a little angrier than most. After his powers manifested after getting attacked by racist soccer opponents. He was a New Mutant from the Start to the very End.
    X-Force
    After New Mutants Bobby tried to find his place in the real world, away from Xavier's dream that only seemed to destroy or damage his friends. Eventually he returned and thrived under the tutelage of Cable and in X-Force. While in X-Force he lost his Father. Had his powers grow in addition to his super strength to include flight, and the ability to fire concussive blasts. "Became" villian ReignFire. Lost his fortune and started a fling with Cannonballs gf BoomBoom

X-Corp
    Following the breakup of XForce Bobby used his considerable Fortune to fund a different kinda Team thinking more internationally He was connected with other X-Corp Offfices worldwide. He also flirted briefly as the Lord Imperial of the Hellfire Club
    Avengers
    Since everybody and they mama wants to be an Avenger now. Sunspot definitely had to stay ahead of the game. Hrbabd best buddy Cannonball became Avengers and are counted among the rare heroes that have been both X-Man and Avenger. This depart from the xworld saw Bobby battle Space Gods, MPox and even lead his own Avengers team!

New New Mutants
    With the formation of Mutant ethnostate KraKoa Bobby returned to his roots and old friends. This Bobby is still as flirty and cocky as ever. but is mature enough to think before he leaps.

I know I know it's crazy....

GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I was first introduced to him through the original NM's series, even then I saw that he would become tragic, and he sort did for a time. Nice he's made a comeback that seems to be sticking. I liked his odd relationship with Sam. May not be the hugest NM's fan but I did enjoy some of their books in different incarnations. Though, I haven't followed the more recent books.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I was first introduced to him through the original NM's series, even then I saw that he would become tragic, and he sort did for a time. Nice he's made a comeback that seems to be sticking. I liked his odd relationship with Sam. May not be the hugest NM's fan but I did enjoy some of their books in different incarnations. Though, I haven't followed the more recent books.

I will forever consider this iteration of Sunspot as the coolest....krackling Kirby dots, face mask....with the tails streaming behind....
    Swoooon
    GrindrStone(D)

Roberto has always been one if my favorite X-characters! I never read a tom on him (though I've been meaning to) but just his character in concept has always made him the characters I always want to see more of.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I love that he gets to be cocky and sure of himself. All too often black characters have to be humble, heck we are humble in real life about our successes as well. So it's nice and fun to see Roberto know what his worth is and bask in it. He's a rare character in that respect.

newmurants.jpg from a few months ago.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It's funny how I always forget that Bobby is Afro-Latin.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    It's funny how I always forget that Bobby is Afro-Latin.
    thats not funny; its sad and symptomatic of Marvel's problematic ways

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats not funny; its sad and symptomatic of Marvel's problematic ways
    True. Hell, I barely remember he is Latino too. Bobby really needs to interact with his culture more.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    True. Hell, I barely remember he is Latino too. Bobby really needs to interact with his culture more.
    Are there any other Brazilian or otherwise Portuguese speaking X-Men? I'm only thinking of Shark Girl but I'd rather never see that character again. Most of Aaron's new mutants felt like jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Are there any other Brazilian or otherwise Portuguese speaking X-Men? I'm only thinking of Shark Girl but I'd rather never see that character again. Most of Aaron's new mutants felt like jokes.
    Magma, 10char

Astonishing Member

Sunspost's also the first Latinx x-character. Always though his design was one of the best in the medium.

He is such a good character that Marvel really, really want us to forget he is black.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magma, 10char
    laaaawd....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Sunspost's also the first Latinx x-character. Always though his design was one of the best in the medium.

Oh Sh!t you're right....Ugh How could I overlook that!? I totally didn't think to include that. ....My bad my brown Brothers and Bristers

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    He is such a good character that Marvel really, really want us to forget he is black.
    Right? like talk about a fvckin demographic Gem. But Marvel in general has weird phobia bout minority mutants exploring/embracing their ethnicity...except if You're Wolverine
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

My favorite member of the New Mutants!

Hope he is a main on the X-Corps book, need to see more of him in 2021, as 2020 did not give him enough 'screen time'
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 10.15.56 AM.jpg

X-force was one of the first comics I read, during the Road Trip era. During that time, Roberto was being drawn really interestingly and his coloring was almost grey a lot of the time. I don't think I knew he was supposed to be Black until I started watching X-Men Evolution.

I'd like to see Sunspot be more of a leader the way he was in New Avengers. Get him away from Cannonball, please!. I get that he and Sam have this epic bromance that people love for some reason, but with these portals all over, Roberto can go visit. Let the man forge his own path. He's so much more than a sidekick in someone else's adventures.