Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sonic in Lord of the Rings

Live Action Sonic the Hedgehog decides that he has to become the REAL Lord of the Rings and is dropped into Middle Earth during the time of the LOTR movies. Despite saying this the only thing he knows about the Universe is the title. He must now collect every Ring in the world, powered or not.

Can he succeed?

What does a One Ring possessed Sonic behave like/do?

Does he have more or less success if he's dropped into the novels?

Bloodlust is not assumed on for Sonic.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

He is going to have a helluva time finding stuff initially. The greater Rings of power are all fairly well hidden and protected and are NOT common knowledge amongst people he could easily ask or interrogate.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Sonic with the One Ring would be a problem. An Invisible mach speed murder rodent lol
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

You know, I saw this thread and thought: "Well, that's random. What does Sonic have to do with oh! I get it now!"
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Forget the Rings of Power, how is Sonic even supposed to find all the regular rings on the planet, especially since he would probably have to become an archeologist to find any that are in barrows, graveyards, or lost civilizations. Kid's fast, but he's probably still going to die of old age before he can even start to consider going after the magical rings.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    You know, I saw this thread and thought: "Well, that's random. What does Sonic have to do with oh! I get it now!"
    That's right, Sonic & The Black Knight.

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    It's so obvious, I can't believe I didn't realize right away.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Unavoidable Chin Move.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I'm a massive fan of Lord of the Rings. After finishing the books, I got really into learning about the characters. Sonic in the LOTR world that's an excellent idea! Sonic is fast so that he can find a lot of rings. But the One Ring is different. It's powerful and could change Sonic in ways we can't guess. It'd be the same challenge for him in the book or movie world.

I was more interested in Shelob. She caught my interest. She's this giant spider from The Return of the King who attacks Frodo and Sam. But she's more than a giant spider; she's part of this ancient evil and has been in Mordor for a long time. She eats anything, like orcs, humans, and elves. She's a mix of a spider and something even scarier. The way she's shown in movies and games is different, which makes her even more enjoyable.
    Last edited by AxolotlThe_4th; 02-03-2024 at 09:19 AM.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

There's an argument to be made that Sonic might be pure-hearted enough to resist the One Ring's dark influence for a little while, and once he realizes what's going on with it, he might be able to Mt. Doom it before it breaks him. If anything, I foresee another Dark Super Transformation at some point, and maybe he ends up battling a corrupted version of himself (again).

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

He gets hit once, loses The One Ring and never finds it again.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    There's an argument to be made that Sonic might be pure-hearted enough to resist the One Ring's dark influence for a little while, and once he realizes what's going on with it, he might be able to Mt. Doom it before it breaks him. If anything, I foresee another Dark Super Transformation at some point, and maybe he ends up battling a corrupted version of himself (again).
    It's less about being pure-hearted and more about having no real wants or desires. The less of those one has, the less the Ring has to work with. It's one of the reasons the Hobbits - people with very modest desires - could resist it so long (the other reason being that they were naturally resistant to such things, moreso than other races). And it's a point that the Ring in Mordor was almost immediately starting to get ahold of Sam, the purest, most humble of all of the Hobbits.

And it was getting to him through his love of Frodo and gardening.

The other issue is proximity. The power of the Ring grows the closer it gets to Mt. Doom, the place of its creation (also to Sauron, its master, with whom it was in harmony). Tolkien was pretty clear on the point that nobody in his stories - not Gandalf, not Frodo, not Galadriel, not anyone available in Middle Earth at the time - could have chucked the Ring into the fire in its place of power.

Not saying that Sonic doesn't have some impressive feats for resisting this kind of thing - I have no idea, I'm not familiar with the character - but noting it takes a whole lot more than being pure-hearted to toss the Ring.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ha, I'd forgotten I made this thread.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Ha, I'd forgotten I made this thread.
    There's a little necromancy happening here, to be sure.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate