Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

By Trung Lê Capecchi-Nguyễn:

ErUwOPwXAAM5mKY.jpg

ErU9BufXIAQWb6b.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Incredible Member

those are absolutely beauitufl!
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

I'm a week late, but here is Batwoman's updated Respect Thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre..._comics_prime/

This is the largest revamp, in regards to new additions and revised formatting, that I've made to it in years.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Just watched the first episode of the TV show's second season.

spoilers:
    Kate is killed in a plane crash!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I haven't been following the show but spoilers:
    seriously? Their solution was 'Kate Kane died on the way back to her home planet'?
    end of spoilers

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I haven't been following the show but spoilers:
    seriously? Their solution was 'Kate Kane died on the way back to her home planet'?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Of course, the offscreen nature of the "death" does open up her showing up again, even if played by a different actress. It is a show based on a comic. after all...
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Not killed. There was no body, and Caroline Dries has specifically said she has no intention of contributing to the "Bury Your Gays" trope.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    spoilers:
    Not killed. There was no body, and Caroline Dries has specifically said she has no intention of contributing to the "Bury Your Gays" trope.
    end of spoilers
    Hope you're right.

I decided to not watch. I don't think I could have handled it. But you are correct, and other posters; no body, means not dead, for sure/for now.

It would of course be the best thing that Kate is recast at some point.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm in no way surprised. I fully expected this once Ruby Rose left Batwoman. Well, I won't be picking this title up anymore or any related to the new "Batwoman" if it is Ryan. I detest her character. She is a poor replacement for Kate, IMO.
    end of spoilers
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I’m not a fan of live action adaptations. Nor animated ones for that matter. I know I’m alone in this respect. So, I didn’t watch the first season. I watched the season two opener for Ryan. And, I have to say, I really enjoyed watching her. It left me wanting to check out the second episode. It also made me want more comic appearances. Didn’t care for pretty much any other part of the show. Alice, Jacob, the music.

I really liked the first episode of Batwoman! Ryan is an interesting character. I'd be cool with her becoming more prominent in the comics. And I say that as someone who loves Kate Kane to death (but admittedly did not care for Ruby Rose).
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Kate finally appeared in Future State in The Next Batman #2. She was in at least one and maybe two of the stories. It's still weird that she's alive during the goings-on but literally none of her allies have mentioned her at all. But at least she's alive and not running the Magistrate (as was a popular theory).

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm in no way surprised. I fully expected this once Ruby Rose left Batwoman. Well, I won't be picking this title up anymore or any related to the new "Batwoman" if it is Ryan. I detest her character. She is a poor replacement for Kate, IMO.
    end of spoilers
    I could understand from the show's point of view, transitioning the character, for the new actor to replace Kate, but even, so they could have done far better by 1) using 'Batwing' and the young Fox, to fill in, until they "find" Kate. I don't think Mary could be a plausible replacement; Flamebird - or Batwoman, but they could have considered 'building' to that with the opportunity provided by the need to replace Kate. So sad.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I passed on the two opportunities to watch it. I have nothing against the actress of course. I just think it is incredibly shabby way to treat Kate. Depending on reviews I can trust, I may consider catching up, but probably not. I'm probably done with this, until Kate gets her own book again, or Flamebird also fights her way back to something.
    ~ Oberon ~