Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

I was almost ready to tune in again to Batwoman, even watch the entire season that I mostly missed deliberately, but now I hear she will totally exit as a character and I really have no reason to reconsider watching it ever again.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

20210716_092742.jpg

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #8
    Written by ALYSSA WONG, BRANDON THOMAS, DAN WATTERS, and CHRISTIAN WARD
    Art by VASCO GEORGIEV, CIAN TORMEY, NIKOLA ČIŽMEŠIJA, and CHRISTIAN WARD
    Cover by COLLEEN DORAN
    $7.99 US | 64 PAGES
    PRESTIGE FORMAT
    Variants by KHARY RANDOLPH
    and RICCARDO FEDERICI
    ON SALE 10/12/21

-Batwoman: FEAR STATE TIE-IN! Someone has hacked into the Oracle Network and has started spreading information around Gotham—Batman is dead, Cassandra Cain Batgirl is a killer, Fear Toxin is in the air. Which is true and which is false? Batwoman will find out with the help of Commissioner Renee Montoya and…Kate's sister Beth, AKA Red Alice?!
    -Outsiders: FEAR STATE TIE-IN! Scarecrow has stirred Gotham City into a panic, and it's awakened one of his first students he experimented on, a man turned into a monster known as THE FEARFUL! The Outsiders will have to reunite with the Signal in order to stop the Fearful and keep the city at peace. But a message from the world of FUTURE STATE reaches the Signal and changes everything.
    -Azrael: Azrael, the last acolyte of the Order of St. Dumas, has returned to the streets of Gotham City after serving with the Justice League in the stars. He's convinced he's strayed too far from his purpose, too far from his teachings, and needs to reassert himself. But he'll be met with a city that's changed forever, a city that will shake his faith.
    -Professor Pyg: Just in time for Halloween, a tale of Super Hero horror from fan-favorite creator Christian Ward, writing and drawing a story of Batman hunting down Professor Pyg in order to find the victim of a kidnapping. Batman will dig back into his memories of youth to track down Pyg and save a child's life.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Event tie-in...but hey, Renee and Alice .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Event tie-in...but hey, Renee and Alice .
    Particularly because this is apparently going to be the very first time Kate and Renee have interacted on-panel since Renee became Commissioner. Only took about 8 months, but as long as they're still together (and it seems like it from the solicit)... well, that's okay. That would seem to confirm the "Renee is a mole" theory, too.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

It's also the first Batwoman and Alice team up since the TV show started, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's also the first Batwoman and Alice team up since the TV show started, right?
    Yes. I wonder what the explanation will be for her going back to Red Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Yes. I wonder what the explanation will be for her going back to Red Alice.
    Last time I recall seeing Beth she was living with Kate, and presumably on the road to recovery. Still no mention of Bette though, I think she remains abandoned for the time being.

Gah, I forgot to post the update to Kate's Respect Thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre..._comics_prime/

Made it onto the cover of the new edition of the DC Encyclopedia:

Her entry is almost identical, even down to the page layout, to the 2016 edition (this seems to be true throughout the book). There are a few updates to account for the early part of Rebirth (up to the end of Tynion's 'Tec run, it seems), but that's really it, at least for her.

A cameo in part 6 of "Cheer" in Batman: Urban Legends #6. She's with some of the other Batfam coming to Jason's aid, as well as being part of the visions both Jason and Bruce have of a happy life with the rest of the Family.

The second part of the Fear State tie-in story seems to confirm that Beth isn't actually turning evil, just being tempted (Batman: Urban Legends #9):

Batwoman story: “FEAR STATE” TIE-IN! Batwoman now has the help of her sister, Beth, who is currently disguised as Red Alice to hit the underground network of villains in order to trace where the Anti-Oracle is. The only problem is, all of this is too familiar for Beth…and as old habits die hard, so might this be for Beth in keeping Red Alice at bay.
    I had feared the worst, but this sounds okay. There's also no indication of conflict between Kate and Renee, so that doesn't appear to be an issue for this story, which was also something I'd worried about. That gives more credence to Renee being a mole.

Kate also made the cover of Batman: Fear State: Omega #1 by Jamal Campbell:

BM_FS_OMEGA_Cv1.jpg

Batwoman be be in the upcoming animated film Catwoman: Hunted, played by Stephanie Beatriz:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...dc-1234998303/

Batwoman be be in the upcoming animated film Catwoman: Hunted, played by Stephanie Beatriz:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...dc-1234998303/
    It's nice to see Kate in a starring role in an animated feature again. I think Stephanie Beatriz will do a good job .

I expect Selina's going to flirt with her .

Also Julia is there so it looks like they'll be adapting their dynamic from the Rebirth run...

WIP from Vasco Georgiev from the upcoming Urban Legends story:

20210816_142159.jpg

WIP from Vasco Georgiev from the upcoming Urban Legends story:

20210816_142159.jpg
    Kate looks...oddly cute .

I still miss the bob.