Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Did DC Pride introduce a new love interest for Renee or something? That’s the gist I’m getting.
    Potentially...? Since Renee isn't the Question right now, it doesn't seem like anything will come of it, and nothing I've seen in solicits out to August hints at it. It's likely not canon. But I noticed it, too. What makes it so strange is that it's the second time Vita Ayala, a self-proclaimed Kate/Renee shipper, has deliberately driven some sort of wedge between them. Like, it wasn't enough to just ignore that relationship for the stories they wrote, they actively disrupted it.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Weekly notes:

The Batwoman story in DC Pride was good. Not earth-shattering, but it gave a slightly different perspective on Kate that we haven't seen before, without breaking anything.

The Truth and Justice story ended up being pretty pointless. Not necessarily bad, and it's not canon anyway even if so, so eh. But it was just sorta... there.

Kate has a single-panel appearance in Justice League: Last Ride #2.
    Oh, right, those are out now. Will take a look at some point.

Bluebird

The page from the DC Pride story where the LGBTQIA+ characters in the Bat-corner of DC got a shout (Harley & Ivy, Renee, Bluebird, Ghost Maker, even Constantine) got a pop out of me.

Well, the 'Truth and Justice' story was meh alright. And what was with the huge pile of disposable coffee cups, Kate's a caffeine addict now?
    I haven't looked at the 'Pride' story yet.

Interview with the artist:

Today marks 15 years since Kate debuted in 52 #7.

5124krgiVAL.jpg

I had hoped to have my 3D averaged version of Kate done by today, but nope. She still has a little ways to go, such as finishing her head and her scar materials. But since she's mostly done, here is essentially what she'll look like:

20210621_144810.jpg

This is the result of averaging every official depiction of her and combining that result with some basic "genetics" by adding in the body and face shapes of Jacob and Gabi (made using the same process).
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Jacob Kane's entry in the 1978 edition of the Howitzer yearbook. He'd be a senior here.

JacobHowitzer.jpg

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Today marks 15 years since Kate debuted in 52 #7.

5124krgiVAL.jpg

I had hoped to have my 3D averaged version of Kate done by today, but nope. She still has a little ways to go, such as finishing her head and her scar materials. But since she's mostly done, here is essentially what she'll look like:

20210621_144810.jpg

This is the result of averaging every official depiction of her and combining that result with some basic "genetics" by adding in the body and face shapes of Jacob and Gabi (made using the same process).
    Happy belated 15th anniversary to an awesome character.

Not that I think anyone here really cares - but Kate and Jacob have been written-out of the CW Batwoman TV show now.

spoilers:
    Kate was 'cured' after being tossed into the river and the subsequent CPR by OC and Alice. Turns-out she just needed a bath.
    She has some embarrassing dialogue where she tells the OC that OC is Batwoman now - and anyway Kate is off to see Kara again, and then go look for Bruce. Oh, and Jacob is still in prison for Alice's crimes - but Kate doesn't seem to care.

What's the bet OC will go back to living in Kate's apartment, and keep working in Kate's bar, and Sophie will forget all about Kate and fall in love with OC - I don't say this with anger, just at disbelief at how bad the writing is.
    end of spoilers

It's probably for the best. IMO the series as a whole has been damaging to the character and mantle, and that might cause her to not get much use in the comics for a while. I actually wouldn't even mind if they gave Kate a new mantle in the comics after this.

WallisTweet.jpg

Well, it's nice to know the second live-action Kate is a fan of the character.
    Apparently she read a whole bunch of the comics in prep for the role too - even though she barely got to play Kate at all, and mostly played Cerci.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Not that I think anyone here really cares - but Kate and Jacob have been written-out of the CW Batwoman TV show now.

spoilers:
    Kate was 'cured' after being tossed into the river and the subsequent CPR by OC and Alice. Turns-out she just needed a bath.
    She has some embarrassing dialogue where she tells the OC that OC is Batwoman now - and anyway Kate is off to see Kara again, and then go look for Bruce. Oh, and Jacob is still in prison for Alice's crimes - but Kate doesn't seem to care.

What's the bet OC will go back to living in Kate's apartment, and keep working in Kate's bar, and Sophie will forget all about Kate and fall in love with OC - I don't say this with anger, just at disbelief at how bad the writing is.
    end of spoilers

It's probably for the best. IMO the series as a whole has been damaging to the character and mantle, and that might cause her to not get much use in the comics for a while. I actually wouldn't even mind if they gave Kate a new mantle in the comics after this.
    It's so annoying; they could have easily gone "Batman Beyond"/ Rebirth Blue Beetle with the character and have Kate and Ryan help each other out.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    It's so annoying; they could have easily gone "Batman Beyond"/ Rebirth Blue Beetle with the character and have Kate and Ryan help each other out.
    The CW is too in love with their OC creations to make room for comic characters - apparently they are planning a whole bunch of OC villains next season (who find the Bat-Villain equipment that was lost in the river).

The OCs won't be making their own stuff and coming-up with their own themes, but finding past villain's things and just going with it - if rumors are true. At this point, I would not be surprised if that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers

I hated that after teasing us with Kate the entire season we finally get her back only to have her walk away from it all. What a load of crap! They should have had her return to the Batwoman mantle and given Ryan a new superhero persona and her and Kate could have been a team, the dynamic duo

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I hated that after teasing us with Kate the entire season we finally get her back only to have her walk away from it all. What a load of crap! They should have had her return to the Batwoman mantle and given Ryan a new superhero persona and her and Kate could have been a team, the dynamic duo
    She was a prop to validate the OC. In the same way that Superman would occasionally turn-up in the Supergirl show to tell everyone how Supergirl was "better" than him. Of course, now Superman has another show and Supergirl is finishing it's run, but it doesn't undo how much he was used as a prop in the past.

The thing is, for me anyway, if the writers feel the need to use a more well known character to prop-up a newer one - it just communicates a lack of confidence in the newer character. And if the writers can't even believe in their own character, I sure as heck am not going to.

Did you guys know that England footballer Harry Kane's wife is called Kate? Which means she shares Batwoman's name!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman