Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batwoman Royal Mail Stamp by Jim Cheung and Laura Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Batwoman Royal Mail Stamp by Jim Cheung and Laura Martin
    But shouldn't her skin be whiter?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But shouldn't her skin be whiter?
    No? DC has moved away from that ever since Williams and Blackman left, and her super pale skin was always an artistic choice anyway, same with her hair being literally red.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Who draws the best Batwoman after JH Williams III?
    Last edited by Twice-named; 09-02-2021 at 06:15 PM.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

The pale skin and scarlet hair makes her stand out more. Especially when Babs is another white female Bat with red hair.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The pale skin and scarlet hair makes her stand out more. Especially when Babs is another white female Bat with red hair.
    And it actually fits well with the rest of her costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Babs has freckles, a different hairstyle, no tattoos, and has a different shade of hair even accounting for Kate's hair not literally being fire-engine-red. Different uniforms, too... I don't think they're hard to distinguish.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Who draws the best Batwoman after JH Williams III?
    Officially: Ben Oliver, Álvaro Martínez Bueno, Steve Epting, Fernando Blanco, Yasmine Putri, Cully Hamner. Epting and Blanco's versions are the closest to how she would "actually" look if you were to average all of her official depictions together.

In terms of fanart: Krystal Beisick and Claire Roe.
    Last edited by Caivu; 09-02-2021 at 07:49 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Officially: Ben Oliver, Álvaro Martínez Bueno, Steve Epting, Fernando Blanco, Yasmine Putri, Cully Hamner. Epting and Blanco's versions are the closest to how she would "actually" look if you were to average all of her official depictions together.

I was thinking Ben Oliver as well. I’m torn though. I really like Jock’s as well.

I'm still not 100% done with my 3D averaged version of Kate, but she's at a point now where every additional piece is having less and less influence on how she looks. So I figure she's functionally complete.

Here, then, is what Kate Kane would actually look like if all of her official depictions were averaged together, complete with all major scars and tattoos:

KateFront.jpg

KateBack.jpg

KateFull.jpg

There are 331 body shapes and 322 head shapes averaged together here. I haven't figured the number of artists.

Babs has freckles, a different hairstyle, no tattoos, and has a different shade of hair even accounting for Kate's hair not literally being fire-engine-red. Different uniforms, too... I don't think they're hard to distinguish.

I thought Amy Reeder did a good job especially considering she was one of the first artists to follow him and she working with JHW3 when he was co-writing the book because he was doing the art on The Sandman prequel mini-series and she was doing her own book at Image at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    I thought Amy Reeder did a good job especially considering she was one of the first artists to follow him and she working with JHW3 when he was co-writing the book because he was doing the art on The Sandman prequel mini-series and she was doing her own book at Image at the same time.
    I really like Amy’s cover for #6. I would love to own the original.

Has anyone drawn a good Alice other than JH Williams III?

I’m having a hard time thinking of any I thought were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Has anyone drawn a good Alice other than JH Williams III?

I’m having a hard time thinking of any I thought were good.
    Blanco again, and Francis Manapul.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

They shouldn't be hard to differentiate, but you know how comic artists are sometimes. People looking identical, Babs' freckles aren't there, they color the hair exactly the same, so the only difference when they're not in costume are their height. Older = taller ^^

It really should be easy to differentiate Kate and Babs though. Aside from the hair color, the style. Kate can go with bob or other shorter cuts, Babs puts hers in a pony tail. Kate's fashion can go more masculine, Babs can go more cute college girl. Kate has tattoos, Babs has glasses. There's a lot.

Alyssa Wong, the writer for the upcoming story in Batman: Urban Legends #8-9, is possibly hinting at another Batwoman story:

https://twitter.com/crashwong/status...02930858156033

Though she could just be referring to that same story.