Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    There have been a lot blogs, vlogs, and board posts about the ins and outs of WW1984. I am curious as to what you found most surprising in those various reactions.
    That Wonder Woman is the most violent superhero and Patty Jenkins doesn't get the character and isn't really a WW fan as she claims. Stuff like that. 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I don't want Xena war-hungry WW, but the photo makes me curious what story could have been told with these elements.
    This one? lol

"Wonder Woman 1854 - This amazing image shot by Stephen Berkman of an else-world, war weary Diana, who had chased Aries across the battlefields of the world and had yet to meet Steve, who would help her restore her faith in mankind and love itself."
    https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/statu...45263788191744
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-07-2021 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    That Wonder Woman is the most violent superhero and Patty Jenkins doesn't get the character and isn't really a WW fan as she claims. Stuff like that. ��
    I don't understand if you're being sarcastic or not. I definitely think Patty Jenkins did an amazing characterization of Diana in WW84

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I don't understand if you're being sarcastic or not. I definitely think Patty Jenkins did an amazing characterization of Diana in WW84
    I was mentioning what reactions to WW84 I found more surprisingly as asked by the OP, not my view.

ooohhh, ok.

I overly really enjoyed the movie. Diana, Steve and Barbara are all compelling characters I love.
    I am surprised that no one involved thought it was a bad idea for Diana and Steve to have sex using someone else's body without consent and for Diana to handwave away the issue of Steve returning at the cost of an innocent's life. Considering magic was involved, Steve could've been brought back without those unnecessary moral issues, which weren't handled at all well.
    It's frustrating to see this big moral issue that could've been easily avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I overly really enjoyed the movie. Diana, Steve and Barbara are all compelling characters I love.
    I am surprised that no one involved thought it was a bad idea for Diana and Steve to have sex using someone else's body without consent and for Diana to handwave away the issue of Steve returning at the cost of an innocent's life. Considering magic was involved, Steve could've been brought back without those unnecessary moral issues, which weren't handled at all well.
    It's frustrating to see this big moral issue that could've been easily avoided.
    There's a whole thread about that where we went deep into that argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How people want to dismiss the ethical issue of Steve's possession. A man's life was completely stolen to bring Steve back and the movie doesn't address it at all and Diana doesn't care. Real bad look.
    Body possession/swap is one of the worst comic trope, especially with comic writers not viewing rape by deception as actual assault, so I was surprised that they decided to go with Steve possession arc, not only because of the can of worms it opens ethically speaking, but also because it's the sort of convoluted comic plot superhero movie always tried to avoid in the last few years.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    That Wonder Woman is the most violent superhero and Patty Jenkins doesn't get the character and isn't really a WW fan as she claims. Stuff like that. ��

This one? lol

"Wonder Woman 1854 - This amazing image shot by Stephen Berkman of an else-world, war weary Diana, who had chased Aries across the battlefields of the world and had yet to meet Steve, who would help her restore her faith in mankind and love itself."
    https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/statu...45263788191744
    Right, that's the basic plot, but I wonder about the details, key moments, etc.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I would say the sheer volume of the negative reviews. It’s interesting how this one and the first movie can be so polarizing. On my social media feeds, the reception has been completely negative, comments about how horrible the script was, how weak Diana was, how she spent too much time crying over Steve, etc...

I've seen way more people talking about people saying Diana should have been more violent than any people actually saying they wanted her to be more violent.

Not specifically violent, but lots of peiple said she was too "safe" and claimed that Patty Jenkins over emphasized her protecting the guards in the white house.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    I would say the sheer volume of the negative reviews. It’s interesting how this one and the first movie can be so polarizing. On my social media feeds, the reception has been completely negative, comments about how horrible the script was, how weak Diana was, how she spent too much time crying over Steve, etc...
    Seriously. If i read one more comment about how "she's a brutal warrior" etc i might barf. The problem with people thinking they know the character because they read Flashpoint or some such garbage.

For me, the most surprising thing is seeing people try to scapegoat Snyder and his fans for this film's reception.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

That for a character renowned for her lasso, swinging from it is apparently stealing Spider-Man's gimmick. Because Peter never borrowed it from Tarzan and apparently Tarzan was the first fictional character to swing from a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That for a character renowned for her lasso, swinging from it is apparently stealing Spider-Man's gimmick. Because Peter never borrowed it from Tarzan and apparently Tarzan was the first fictional character to swing from a rope.
    We have people saying that her flying is stealing Superman's gimmick even when he wasn't the first character ever to fly. Considering Spider-Man is the most well known superhero who gets around by swinging from a great height, the comparison isn't necessarily far off.