Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 134
  1. #31
    Astonishing Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Like I said, shallow at best. Diana acts nothing like Xena, doesn't have the same history and their motivations are completely different. It's one of those things that might make for a funny meme but completely falls flat as a serious criticism because the people making it are looking at surface details for both characters.
    It's hardly a controversial opinion. There have been whole threads detailing the similarities and differences between Xena and Wonder Woman, why don't we find one of those instead of derailing this one?

    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...mpare-Contrast
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 01-04-2021 at 07:23 AM.

  2. #32
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,188

    Default

    Admittedly, I was hoping for the neck snap when killing Max to undo the wishes was on the table. It was the more realistic option than what the movie actually went with.

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Admittedly, I was hoping for the neck snap when killing Max to undo the wishes was on the table. It was the more realistic option than what the movie actually went with.
    That story did nothing good for Diana so why some people want this immortalized on the big screen is beyond me.

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Idk, Rucka wrote the neck snap better than others but even then it came off as a rather forced Diana immediately thinks the best way to deal with dime store Lex Luthor was kill him and when he was already pretty incapacitated.
    She didn't come to that conclusion immediately. At one point, she got him alone and tried to reason with him through words. The reason she went through with killing him was because he admitted killing him was the only way to stop him and words had already failed.

    A lot of people remember the neck snap but not what led up to it.

  5. #35
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Admittedly, I was hoping for the neck snap when killing Max to undo the wishes was on the table. It was the more realistic option than what the movie actually went with.
    How is brutally murdering a guy who can grant wishes more “realistic” than what the movie went with?

    The underlying assumption that murder, grit, morally ambiguous choices are inherently more “realistic” doesn’t hold up when you realize something like BvS, which is full of that stuff, is one of the most campy, over the top, flat out dumbest superhero movies ever made.

  6. #36
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    How is brutally murdering a guy who can grant wishes more “realistic” than what the movie went with?
    Getting everyone to rescind their wishes because a disbodied voice who made a pretty speech was eye rolling. Everything about that final exchange was hokey in a bad way.

  7. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It's hardly a controversial opinion. There have been whole threads detailing the similarities and differences between Xena and Wonder Woman, why don't we find one of those instead of derailing this one?

    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...mpare-Contrast
    That 2017 Diana acts like Xena? Yeah it is.

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    How is brutally murdering a guy who can grant wishes more “realistic” than what the movie went with?

    The underlying assumption that murder, grit, morally ambiguous choices are inherently more “realistic” doesn’t hold up when you realize something like BvS, which is full of that stuff, is one of the most campy, over the top, flat out dumbest superhero movies ever made.
    How would killing Max in that situation be murder given he was an active threat?

  9. #39
    Astonishing Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That 2017 Diana acts like Xena? Yeah it is.
    Not today, I don't have time. No internet back and forths I'm not playing along with you.

  10. #40
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That story did nothing good for Diana so why some people want this immortalized on the big screen is beyond me.
    Maxwell Lord has a permanent spot in her rogues gallery thanks to that moment. You think he would have been the villain for movie if that didn't happen? Isn't he a major villain in the current comics run?

  11. #41
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Maxwell Lord has a permanent spot in her rogues gallery thanks to that moment. You think he would have been the villain for movie if that didn't happen? Isn't he a major villain in the current comics run?
    This comment will make a lot of people angry.

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Maxwell Lord has a permanent spot in her rogues gallery thanks to that moment. You think he would have been the villain for movie if that didn't happen? Isn't he a major villain in the current comics run?
    You say that like it's a good thing or that an actual WW villain being in the big bad of the movie over Max wouldn't have been preferable.

  13. #43
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    You say that like it's a good thing or that an actual WW villain being in the big bad of the movie over Max wouldn't have been preferable.
    If it were up to me I would have used Vernonia Cole if a business person was gonna be the big bad for a Wonder Woman movie but Max works for me. I think he's solid as a foe for Diana.

  14. #44
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Maxwell Lord has a permanent spot in her rogues gallery thanks to that moment. You think he would have been the villain for movie if that didn't happen? Isn't he a major villain in the current comics run?
    It's a run that is essentially glorified filler, and isn't very well regarded. How is being a major villain in such a run something to be excited about?

    He probably wouldn't be the villain if that didn't happen. But seeing as how the story in question was pretty lousy, and the movie is getting a lukewarm reception at best, it's not like it has lead to anything great. Pascal is well liked in the role, but the character's plot is pretty silly/dumb and takes up the most screen time. Meanwhile, the actual WW villain who should have gotten focus and would have provided something actually different (two female leads pitted against each other in a complicated rivalry) was demoted to secondary antagonist in favor of doing some anti-Trump stuff. Because Trump hasn't ruined enough already.

  15. #45
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,867

    Default

    I guess I'm surprised by how many people insist on the sword and shield, but I shouldn't be.

    I'm not surprised at the lasso complaints, the glowing itself isn't the problem, it was some of the wonky movement and just how bright/when it glowed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •