Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
I think inviting the villains to join Krakoa is a last ditch attempt to prevent the future Moira saw. Only United can they stand up against the machine men and the phalanx. Even now after establishing Krakoa, Moira still believes there is a high probability that they will all die to genocide inflicted by humans and machines within a generation. I don't think Charles, Erik, and Moira are under any illusions about some of the villains working with them, I think they are hoping to get some of them on board and unite as many as possible. I think Charles and Erik expect to be betrayed and they are just holding out hope they will discover it in time before it becomes a serious problem, while working to unite everyone else in common cause to defend against the coming genocide.

In the end it's about choosing to go down fighting, if the humans and machines start the genocide, the mutants will at least take as many of them as possible down with them. If the humans want war, the mutants will give them a war they will never forget, even if it means unleashing Selene on the human race as a weapon in the war. Krakoa will try to maintain peace for as long as possible, but they are working on all of Moira's past lives and the fact that in all the past lives the humans turn on mutants with extreme violence and genocidal murder that ends with all the mutants dead and a huge portion of the human race dead. All because the humans absolutely refuse to coexist or even attempt to coexist.
I completely agree with this assessment.
And there is precedent to X-Men and X-Villains working together to survive against common threat. As when Storm, Magneto and the Hellfire Club were attacked by Nimrod, no less. Even Selene helped.
UXM 208.jpg