Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Finally Selene in an X Book!!

(poor Warren... )

Not sure about Mastermind though... I usually don´t find him interesting.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post

(poor Warren... )

Mastermind needs costume update... it would be nice to see his daughters tag along. I’d love them hangout with Selene. I’d love to see Selene form her own faction in Krakoa.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Sigh...
    My favourite X-Villain/Queen in a book I have absolutely no interest in and illustrated as bland and boring as a bowl of gruel. And short.

And...
    While I get the appeal (I do love a graphic minimalism approach) ...those Aja covers are really not his best pieces to date.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-21-2021 at 04:17 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

(poor Warren... )

I wonder what Selene said to Warren. She actually has a large grin on her face! I think Selene looks gorgeous in her Gala!

I love that look for Mastermind. It just says him. And they did update it---he has no socks! I always thought Steve Buscemi looked just like Mastermind---eyebags and all!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I only wonder if they will be able to transmit the potential of Selene as a top villain... her Capt America -Power Elite whatever was rather pathetic if I am to be honest

Astonishing Member

I only wonder if they will be able to transmit the potential of Selene as a top villain... her Capt America -Power Elite whatever was rather pathetic if I am to be honest
    It's a shame writers don't seem to be all that interested in writing Selene. She really does have so much potential and it's criminal that she isn't on the QC. I mean she's literally the oldest mutant on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It's a shame writers don't seem to be all that interested in writing Selene. She really does have so much potential and it's criminal that she isn't on the QC. I mean she's literally the oldest mutant on Krakoa.
    Exactatiously.

My nits about this Krakoa era are quite minimal but the largest among them and a heavy disappointment, even now, is Selene's gross lack of presence and import.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

A little glimpse of Selene in the Gala in Excalibur.. I wonder what she would think of this akkaba magicians...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Eating a bunch of souls substantially boosts Selene’s powers, while your basic telepath like Emma or Charles has no boost. Jean at her utmost has either her own pink psychic vampirism power or can go Phoenix.
    The whole idea is weather or not she is as powerful as Emma in telepathy and to that end nope. Emma is consitently stated to be amongst the Top three most powerful telepaths in the entire world. With the omega telepaths and xavier being her only competition. Selene is formidable though but in sheer telepathic might Emma outshines her. In skill too it's not still simple yes selene has years of experience but Emma is a prodigy and is possibly one of if not the most skillful telepath in the entire world. Selene though is in a class of her own but in telepathy only Emma is above her.
    Also jean can't go pheonix. The force doesn't emanate from her. Her psychic siphoning power gives her the ability to take psychic energy even from the pheonix itself but she can't become pheonix without the force possesing her. All that is under her own power.
    I am sorry for the little rant, I simply do not like the idea that the pheonix is jean at her ultimate when it's not, that is the force which is now bastardized to the entire MU. Jean is omega and hasn't reached her full potential yet.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 06-10-2021 at 04:33 AM.

BANNED

I don´t think Selene cares at all about mutantkind... other than food... She is into becoming a Goddess
    Do you know the comic where she does the goddess spell.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Do you know the comic where she does the goddess spell.
    Necrosha storyline, in X-force #25 (I think)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    The whole idea is weather or not she is as powerful as Emma in telepathy and to that end nope. Emma is consitently stated to be amongst the Top three most powerful telepaths in the entire world. With the omega telepaths and xavier being her only competition. Selene is formidable though but in sheer telepathic might Emma outshines her. In skill too it's not still simple yes selene has years of experience but Emma is a prodigy and is possibly one of if not the most skillful telepath in the entire world. Selene though is in a class of her own but in telepathy only Emma is above her.
    Also jean can't go pheonix. The force doesn't emanate from her. Her psychic siphoning power gives her the ability to take psychic energy even from the pheonix itself but she can't become pheonix without the force possesing her. All that is under her own power.
    I am sorry for the little rant, I simply do not like the idea that the pheonix is jean at her ultimate when it's not, that is the force which is now bastardized to the entire MU. Jean is omega and hasn't reached her full potential yet.
    All of Selene’s powers very. If she ate one million souls all of her powers, including telepathic would be way above Emma.

Jean can go Phoenix whenever a writer wants her too. It’s why it’s silly for people to definitely argue this character can definitely beat this character because they are things many characters can do in story to enhance their powers. Emma can use the cuckoos to boost her powers.

(poor Warren... )
    (I can't tell if he minded....)

Also, even without the dialogue boxes, why can I already tell she's probably talking about eating his soul...

Selene may just want to use Warren as her new slave.
    I think that it is more interesting that I can't tell if the other characters on the page don't seem to mind that Warren is being bitten by an S and M vampire who steals souls. They come across as enjoying watching the show . Well, that's just what it looks like to me with no dialogue in the preview.

Without being able to read any dialogue in the preview it's kind of hard to tell if Warren is gullible enough to have his soul devoured. He hasn't exactly been the sharpest knife in the drawer in this series so far.
    Last edited by Thievery; 06-11-2021 at 04:19 AM.

There is a scripted preview over at AiPT that might allay your concerns.