Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think inviting the villains to join Krakoa is a last ditch attempt to prevent the future Moira saw. Only United can they stand up against the machine men and the phalanx. Even now after establishing Krakoa, Moira still believes there is a high probability that they will all die to genocide inflicted by humans and machines within a generation. I don't think Charles, Erik, and Moira are under any illusions about some of the villains working with them, I think they are hoping to get some of them on board and unite as many as possible. I think Charles and Erik expect to be betrayed and they are just holding out hope they will discover it in time before it becomes a serious problem, while working to unite everyone else in common cause to defend against the coming genocide.

In the end it's about choosing to go down fighting, if the humans and machines start the genocide, the mutants will at least take as many of them as possible down with them. If the humans want war, the mutants will give them a war they will never forget, even if it means unleashing Selene on the human race as a weapon in the war. Krakoa will try to maintain peace for as long as possible, but they are working on all of Moira's past lives and the fact that in all the past lives the humans turn on mutants with extreme violence and genocidal murder that ends with all the mutants dead and a huge portion of the human race dead. All because the humans absolutely refuse to coexist or even attempt to coexist.
    I completely agree with this assessment.
    And there is precedent to X-Men and X-Villains working together to survive against common threat. As when Storm, Magneto and the Hellfire Club were attacked by Nimrod, no less. Even Selene helped.
    UXM 208.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Fully agree, and seeing how Hickman weaveas world building threads, we learnt of a whole mutant society through Apooc,I feel Selene is the perfect candidate to introduce the Neo, just introduce her as an elder Neo or the first Neo, maybe have a story that she was a priestess worshipping the First Fallen who asked her to exile her people into his collection for the gift of immortality.However a few who were no exiled and hid ,made it their duty to release their people from the 'prison' of the first fallen and through finding specific arcane artefacts (write it like a long drawn out Indiana Jones/Lara Croft like quest).The goal is once they are released, they will come for her and de facto Krakoa to seek vengeance as they were an incredibly powerful civilization betrayed by her. There is a great potential story here
    I love this. I want Dazzler to be the Lara Croft of that series and for Selene to be her mentor in some way. I mean Dazzler is a Handmaiden of Death, after all, and an immortal. It would be great if Selene made her a Daughter of the Moon.

Is Selene joining X Corp? Fingers crossed...

Primum vivere deindre philosophare

I like Selene's Gala look because it fits her. I know some say it looks like the same thing she wears, but I like it. Also like her hair up.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like Selene's Gala look because it fits her. I know some say it looks like the same thing she wears, but I like it. Also like her hair up.
    People have been saying the opposite. Selene is usually half naked. This is a depature as she's covered up showing no skin but her face

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    People have been saying the opposite. Selene is usually half naked. This is a depature as she's covered up showing no skin but her face
    I meant first the color (black) and second that it just seems like a bodysuit, rather than something fancy. The cape is fancy. But it seems like some are never satisfied. I like it. I think Selene would consider this being very dressy (for her).
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Selene is a Hyborian Sorceress, has been revered as the Moon Goddess for centuries...and THAT is what the "designer" comes up with? Nothing about this says Selene. It's like she burrowed one of Selina Kyle's old suits and just threw a tattered cape over it. It lacks any sort of imagination, interest and design. The purple ceremonial gown she first appears in, with the bell sleeves, plunging neckline and high slit is more couture that this.

Alberto Foche...you are, out! Auf wiedersehen.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-28-2021 at 09:15 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I like Selene's look but it kinda reminds me of Roma.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Selene is a Hyborian Sorceress, has been revered as the Moon Goddess for centuries...and THAT is what the "designer" comes up with? Nothing about this says Selene. It's like she burrowed one of Selina Kyle's old suits and just threw a tattered cape over it. It lacks any sort of imagination, interest and design. The purple ceremonial gown she first appears in, with the bell sleeves, plunging neckline and high slit is more couture that this.

Alberto Foche...you are, out! Auf wiedersehen.
    I agree. This is very tame for her and not what I was expecting, but perhaps she is attempting to surprise people with what they dont think she would do. You know Emma says to Ororo "Oh I think I see Selene, wonder what that slut is wearing, probably nothing but her oversized hair if I know her." and then she shows up completely modest. Or maybe it has no back and that's why she has a cape...lol

LOL.
    I would have loved if she showed up in just her oversized hair...that would actually be interesting. To subvert expectations, I would have played up her Moon Goddess aspect...Wearing dark/midnight blue and dripping in moonstones, opals and pearls.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-28-2021 at 12:05 PM.

I am just surprised to see Selene at all... I guess all the Captain America nonsense is being ignored by the writers. I wonder if Capt. America is invited to the Gala. He may find shocking to see Selene there.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I am just surprised to see Selene at all... I guess all the Captain America nonsense is being ignored by the writers. I wonder if Capt. America is invited to the Gala. He may find shocking to see Selene there.
    As they should.

she looks absolutely boring.

I think we need a real story arc for Selene in relation to Arakko. What is her relationship to them? Or maybe she just wants to eat them? lol there are way too many anyhow.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    she looks absolutely boring.

I think we need a real story arc for Selene in relation to Arakko. What is her relationship to them? Or maybe she just wants to eat them? lol there are way too many anyhow.
    I’m down for the Selene takeover of Arrakko. She is naturally a predator and there are no laws against sucking the life out of Arakko mutants. It be interesting to see her interact with them and see if she has previous relationships with them. She can do another goddess spell lol. Those are a lot of souls to consume.

I’m disappointed with her outfit. I expected something more spectacular. It’s to subtle and close to her regular costume. Dare I say, too modest for her standards

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
    I like Selene's look but it kinda reminds me of Roma.

Me first thought as well. But have you seen how geert redesigned Roma? Awfully really. Rather have that old look you referred to.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================