Two things Bendis did without acknowledgement.

1. He had represented Super Villains joining in with Super heroes to save Earth in Secret Invasion.

2. He represented the purpose of the Super Heroes transplanted her in the 616 Earth in 1961, defeating the Death Celestial in Civil War II, the very purpose the Omega made them for.

I know it’s a silly proposition that there was a reason all Super heroes suddenly appeared around 1961 and continue to do so. It’s one I have been seeking for a long time. It came to me one day, in my findings, that there was one already in concept. Back in 2011, an obscure story called Defenders volume 4 by Matt Fraction, proposed an equally obscure group, called the Omega, (you’ll have to look them up yourself), transported all Super heroes to Earth 616 deliberately, to defend against the Death Celestials - the Aspirants. (Also for you to explore). This honourable purpose never saw its conclusion until Civil War II #1, when Bendis finally achieved what Super Humans were brought here for.

But that is neither here nor there. If you think superhumans were now defunct after CWII, they are not. For all the history since 1961 to 2021, superheroes have lived by a code of honor as stipulated by the Golden Age Heroes, the Human Torch, Submariner, Captain America, and Bucky. It is my contention this is the superheroes grander purpose than just to hang around for years upon years twiddling their thumbs. The superheroes maintained the society they were born into keeping the moral and ethical standards alive in the face of all threats, honing their skills by risking life and limb.

My further question is, after actually achieving what they were collected for in 1961, how do they go forward together post 2016 (CWII)? I am happy for them to continue their secondary purpose in the 616 Earth, to do what they have always done - maintain the state from all threats as they come. I’m happy to see that an answer exists as to the reason superheroes came to be from 1961, in a literary and continuity sense, but also, that a purpose subsidiary to the primary purpose, also takes precedence after CWII, going forward today. I think it’s refreshing to see that humanity got through its most engaging threat of the Death Celestials, and now not have that as an impetus of the superheroes existence.