Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Post Man of Wonders: Wonder Man Appreciation 2021

A new year has arrive, why not we give some appreciation to our favourite Wonder Man. Let's just give Simon Williams some love and supports. Can anyone list out the recommended book for him.

Wonder Man Outfits.jpg

Simon_Williams_(Earth-616)_from_Avengers_Vol_1_685_001.jpg
    Last edited by LAWtoyoto 432; 01-04-2021 at 02:32 AM.

OMG! One of my all-time favorite members of the Avengers! Hopefully, Simon gets to strut his stuff in the new year!

The majority won't agree, but I LOVE Simon's original costume (Avengers, Vol.1 #9):

Busiek & Perez then updated Simon which was radically cool (Avengers, Vol.3 #3):

And no matter what, I'll always treasure the friendship between Simon & Hank...

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-03-2021 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! One of my all-time favorite members of the Avengers! Hopefully, Simon gets to strut his stuff in the new year!
    He's one of my favourite Avengers as well! I'd love to see Wondy get a more active role this year. At least he's already getting his first cameo of 2021 this week--he's in the First Looks previews of MODOK: HEAD GAMES #2!

The majority won't agree, but I LOVE Simon's original costume (Avengers, Vol.1 #9):
    I've never really been a fan of any of Simon's costumes that have had green in them.

I think my favourite of his costumes was the black-and-red costume that George Perez designed for him in AVENGERS vol.3. It was a very nice update on his classic look from the WCA days and his solo series.

Absolutely -- those two bring out the best in each other. Sadly, I'm not sure how well their friendship would endure at the moment, with the darker sides of Hank that have come to the forefront in recent years. On the other hand, maybe spending some time with his old friend would be just what Hank would need to get back in touch with the man he used to be.

Happy New Year Simon .

Fantastic Member

I wish we got more Simon. Although this panel always cracks me up. Oh Ares, you ass. 4890620-areswonderman.jpg

Incredible Member

I love his original costume as well. Classic Kirby goodness! I'm in the minority here, but I also loved the Perez "Christmas tree" costume lol he was wearing in Avengers #161.

Busiek & Perez then updated Simon which was radically cool (Avengers, Vol.3 #3):

Yes, as you know, I agree with you!

Mighty Member

Just saw the tread from Kurt Busiek, he seems that his favourite Avengers has also including Wonder Man on the list.

Astonishing Member

Big fan, but I do prefer his first two outfits (the original and the one from 162 designed by Perez -- not the horrible version by Al Milgrom shown above). Red and green aren't traditional combos for superheroes, but Simon was never a conventional super-hero. I thought the later outfits just made him seem less special. A year or so aga, someone posted images of the first outfit with a black and red color scheme. I'd be okay with that. The safari jacket and the sleeveless body stocking were just so dull.

has simon met with Hank McCoy now that this is the Krakoa era of mutants?

Where is Simon these days? Is he appearing regularly anywhere? What does his current costume look like?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Where is Simon these days? Is he appearing regularly anywhere? What does his current costume look like?
    His current outfit is the one in the original post's 2nd image. He hasn't appeared regularly anywhere since the UNCANNY AVENGERS series ended, but he has a cameo in this week's issue of MODOK: HEAD GAMES.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has simon met with Hank McCoy now that this is the Krakoa era of mutants?
    Not yet but I’d love to see that conversation! Last they spoke on their friendship, Simon called Beast dangerous for his he’s been acting (Illuminati, Timeline/O5 problems, etc). They agreed to still care for each other but have different views