Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Anyone know if Wonder Man is openly jewish? Because someone on the source say that Simon is clearly celebrating hanukkah.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    IMHO, this was the issue that not only defined Simon as a great Avenger, but also simbolized what was so great about the team. This story was all about the B-Squad. You had the A-listers, Thor, Iron Man and Captain America (and even Hank and Jan, though, although founders, I see them more as members of the B-Squad) leaving to take care of their own business, and the story foccussed on Vizh, Simon, Wanda, Panther and the Beast, dfeveloping them further. It was an awsome issue. One of my favorites ever.Peace
    Sadly it was also the last time he wore his original costume. Most heroes get their costumes torn or destroyed in battle all the time but Wonderman must be the first one to never wear the costume again the first time it’s damaged. I think the same thing happened with his second costume as well. Also just about every character have gone back to their original costume, briefly or not, at one point or another during their superhero career but Wonderman is one of the few that never has.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Anyone know if Wonder Man is openly jewish? Because someone on the source say that Simon is clearly celebrating hanukkah.
    When and where is he shown "clearly celebrating Hanukkah"?

It's entirely possible, I just can't think of which issue this would have been.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    When and where is he shown "clearly celebrating Hanukkah"?

It's entirely possible, I just can't think of which issue this would have been.
    I think it was at Marvel Holiday Special 2005. Where most of the Avengers are celebrating Christmas when Ultron invade at Doctor Strange's place.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I never heard mention of this before. I do know Simon went Christmas Shopping with Wanda a long time ago on Christmas Eve and Simon specifically mentioned Christmas Eve. That night there was to be a spectacular Avengers dinner, but of course, a villain struck at the Mansion!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

So it looks like Simon (or at least some screwed up AU version of him) will be appearing in Aaron & Kuder's upcoming Avengers Forever.

*Sigh*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

So it looks like Simon (or at least some screwed up AU version of him) will be appearing in Aaron & Kuder's upcoming Avengers Forever.

*Sigh*
    Yes, I saw that cover. Simon's arms are HUGE!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Mighty Member

AVENGERS FOREVER #3
    JASON AARON (W) • AARON KUDER (A/C) • VARIANT COVER BY ED MCGUINNESS
    WAR FOR THE WASTELANDS!
    Tony Stark, the Invincible Ant-Man. Robbie Reyes, a Ghost Rider unlike any other from across the multiverse, still changing, still becoming what he was always meant to be. A Deathlok who refuses to die. A brutally two-fisted Wonder Man. A half-built Vision. The Infinity Thing. Together, they're all that passes for Earth's Mightiest Heroes on a world overrun by the Black Skull. But on this day, a day unlike any other, they'll have to be enough.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Hhmm, anyone thought of that Wonder Man who seem to be appear violent?

Gerard Jones' "Savage Wonder Man" is back?

Peace

I'm still having a hard time figuring out why this Avengers Forever book was necessary. Aaron's already doing the same type of loud, dumb, over-the-top stuff in the regular book...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

I'm still having a hard time figuring out why this Avengers Forever book was necessary. Aaron's already doing the same type of loud, dumb, over-the-top stuff in the regular book...
    I guess they need to make another "event" out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess they need to make another "event" out of it.
    Is this leading up to another event?? Ugh.

I was under the impression Forever was just a limited series or spin-off of something happening in the main title.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Astonishing Member

It is a spin-off of the main title, but I believe it is supposed to be an ongoing series. Basically it is an Avengers version of the EXILES -- a team of Avengers from across the multiverse, spinning out of a threat being introduced in the main AVENGERS book right now with a multiversal Masters Of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    It is a spin-off of the main title, but I believe it is supposed to be an ongoing series. Basically it is an Avengers version of the EXILES -- a team of Avengers from across the multiverse, spinning out of a threat being introduced in the main AVENGERS book right now with a multiversal Masters Of Evil.
    And letting Aaron get as wacky and crazy as he can be .

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Sounds like a series I'd actually enjoy... under another writer.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009