Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

So - Wonder Man, who has gone through quite a few costumes - what would be everyone's favorite?

I'd say I go from the red jacket look to the energy look.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    So - Wonder Man, who has gone through quite a few costumes - what would be everyone's favorite?

His original costume is still the best. Maybe I’m just been nostalgic but to me he never looked more powerful than when he had his original look.I also liked the headgear and the illuminated goggles which gave him a more mysterious menacing look.

The red Safari suit will always be one of his worst along with the red and Green onesie with the back jet pack that was created by Al Milgrom.

I like the Perez drawn late 90s version. keep the red-green versions far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    His original costume is still the best. Maybe I’m just been nostalgic but to me he never looked more powerful than when he had his original look.I also liked the headgear and the illuminated goggles which gave him a more mysterious menacing look.

The red Safari suit will always be one of his worst along with the red and Green onesie with the back jet pack that was created by Al Milgrom.
    Yes, I have often said Simon looked and seemed stronger in his original costume. I also like the helmet and goggles.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I have often said Simon looked and seemed stronger in his original costume. I also like the helmet and goggles.
    Agreed. I also love the helmet/goggles look, along with the infinity symbols around his abdomen

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-08-2021 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Agreed. I prefer his black/red costumes to his green/red ones, and the Perez outfit is a nice modernization of the black/red costume he wore for most of his time with the West Coast Avengers.

He always definitely seemed stronger back then.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

I guess there's something to be said for being stronger as an antagonist instead of a hero...

I think it's the original for me. Like K7P5V I kind of like the mask plus goggles look. The basic blue & red muscle vest maskless outfit can look cool when drawn by the right artist, but it's a little bland in the hands of many, imo.

Incredible Member

Original Kirby designed greatness is his best costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess there's something to be said for being stronger as an antagonist instead of a hero...
    But even after Simon was revived (actually coming out of his metamorphysis), and was a hero, he wore the original costume for about 16 months and he was really strong, durable, agile, fast. He was the Man of Wonders!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

His original costume is good but doesn't fit the character anymore. His actual best design is the EMH one because it focused on his unique energy stuff and dropped the red W, finally.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I have always liked the costume from Avengers #161
    wm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I have always liked the costume from Avengers #161
    wm.jpg
    Simon looked and acted as powerful with this second costume as he did in his first, but I just could not get used to this one. Maybe reminded too much of Captain Ultra.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Ugh I hate all of the costumes with green. Any variation of the red/black jumpsuit is my favorite - even the extremely pouched out Force Works version! The safari jacket and purple energy looks being tied for second.

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES