Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    When they were both starting out, I wanted Simon to get involved with Rogue. I mean, he had a thing for Carol. Rogue had some Carol in her. REogue couldn't connect with anyone, but Simon was imune to her powers. I think it would have been pretty cool. Sadly, over the years, they've pretty much ruined the character of Rogue, and did also quite a lot of damage to Simon's also. So much so, that they've managed to ignore/forget that Rogue's powers don't work on Simon (it was right there in her FIRST appearence. Geez, do your homework). I don't see much in common between them now. So, I guess I'll go with Raz and vote for a civillian love interest (or a wanting to reform super-villainess. That would be cool).

Peace
    Yeah, having known of Rogue's inability to affect Simon, I always wanted to see them together back when, but both characters have now been messed up (along with almost everyone else, lol), so it would not work now. They missed that ship.

I think K7P5V's idea of Enchantress is novel and would get Simon in trouble with his hero pals since they would never want that romance to happen. I could see Simon wanting a relationship with her since she could remind him of Wanda in a way and also because she helped to empower Simon.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Wonder Man does have an energy form, or the Wikipedia says so. I liked WM, but not when he wanted to be involved with Wanda, so much.

I guess I'm kinky enough to want to see a romance with Spectrum/Monica, since she has an energy form.
    Meet you in the Astral Plane!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'm old and nostalgic, so I'd love to see Alex Flores make a comeback. But that's way down the line; first Marvel needs to actually do something with Simon.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm old and nostalgic, so I'd love to see Alex Flores make a comeback. But that's way down the line; first Marvel needs to actually do something with Simon.
    Make Simon a winning hero and main cast member, then go into a relationship with someone.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! If she ever decides to "switch" sides, I'd be interested in a get-together between Simon & the Enchantress (LOL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think K7P5V's idea of Enchantress is novel and would get Simon in trouble with his hero pals since they would never want that romance to happen. I could see Simon wanting a relationship with her since she could remind him of Wanda in a way and also because she helped to empower Simon.
    The two of them DID have a relationship once already, back in a multi-part MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS story...although Simon was under her spell for at least part of it. But she had developed some genuine interest in him. After that experience I'm not sure if Simon would ever trust her enough to get involved with her again...although never say never, given they are both immortal.

Given their history and her role in his origin I would certainly love to see Simon and Amora cross paths again; I'm just not sure they are a good fit for an actual relationship.

Hey, Dermie! As always, an excellent analysis.

Also, unless it escaped your notice, Simon did reconnect with both Lotus & his supporting cast (well, just his mom & Alex) in the classic 2000 series...Avengers Two: Wonder Man & Beast
    Thank you. And yes, I loved the AVENGERS TWO mini...and it is part of why I want to see another Wondy/Lotus encounter, since that mini left some dangling threads between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    When they were both starting out, I wanted Simon to get involved with Rogue. I mean, he had a thing for Carol. Rogue had some Carol in her. REogue couldn't connect with anyone, but Simon was imune to her powers. I think it would have been pretty cool. Sadly, over the years, they've pretty much ruined the character of Rogue, and did also quite a lot of damage to Simon's also. So much so, that they've managed to ignore/forget that Rogue's powers don't work on Simon (it was right there in her FIRST appearence. Geez, do your homework). I don't see much in common between them now. So, I guess I'll go with Raz and vote for a civillian love interest (or a wanting to reform super-villainess. That would be cool).
    I wondered about that at the time too, when she absorbed him in UNCANNY AVENGERS. It is worth keeping in mind though that Simon's powers have gone through a LOT of fluctuations and changes over the years and through his multiple deaths and resurrections. Sometimes he is a flesh-and-blood being whose every cell is charged with ionic energy. Other times he is literally an energy being in human form. Once upon a time he needed a rocket belt to fly; now he flies under his own power. Etc, etc. Just because Simon was immune to Rogue's powers when they first met doesn't necessarily mean that hasn't changed over the years with the various changes in his powers and his physical nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Wonder Man does have an energy form, or the Wikipedia says so.
    Sometimes he does; sometimes he doesn't. The writers seem to flip-flop on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I guess I'm kinky enough to want to see a romance with Spectrum/Monica, since she has an energy form.
    Well, Monica DID once express a certain interest in Simon (specifically checking out his package and wondering if he stuffed his briefs), so there is at least some possible interest there. Monica isn't currently single though.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I really like Alex Flores too and thought she and Simon made a good couple. However I think they have both moved on now, and Alex was last seen married to someone else. Given that she hasn't been seen on-panel in nearly 20 years (geez, time flies) I'm not sure its worth taking away her happy ending to try and put her and Simon back together again after all this time.

She WAS one of his best relationships though--one of the only ones that managed to be more than basically friends-with-benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The two of them DID have a relationship once already, back in a multi-part MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS story...although Simon was under her spell for at least part of it. But she had developed some genuine interest in him. After that experience I'm not sure if Simon would ever trust her enough to get involved with her again...although never say never, given they are both immortal.

Given their history and her role in his origin I would certainly love to see Simon and Amora cross paths again; I'm just not sure they are a good fit for an actual relationship.
    Ah, did not know this. Thank you. True, Amora is not a truly good fit for Simon.

This thread has been a safe place on which to post, but on other threads the mention of some characters starts wars, lol. For instance, maybe Simon and Crystal or Simon and Lorna. (in those other threads they would hate on the X-Men and/or Inhumans for instance).

I am not thinking of the teams per se, but some powerful women outside of Avengers that would be interesting pairings for our Man of Wonders!

Ah, did not know this. Thank you. True, Amora is not a truly good fit for Simon.

This thread has been a safe place on which to post, but on other threads the mention of some characters starts wars, lol. For instance, maybe Simon and Crystal or Simon and Lorna. (in those other threads they would hate on the X-Men and/or Inhumans for instance).

I am not thinking of the teams per se, but some powerful women outside of Avengers that would be interesting pairings for our Man of Wonders!
    Simon x Crystal or Simon x Polaris wouldn’t be bad (I think Simon and Lorna would be a great pair!) but both girls are too close to the scarlet witch and I think Simon needs to stay clear of her! Lol I do agree that he needs a powerful girlfriend. I thought maybe She-Hulk but it looks like she is about to be dating Jack of hearts. A Dazzler relationship could be fun too but recently I’ve been thinking that wonder man and Captain Marvel could give it another try!

Yeah, definitely remember Stardust Miseries from MCP! That was when a bewitched Wondy impersonated Hank Pym & made poor Jan an emotional wreck.

Yeah, you're probably right. Oh, well. Ginger it is then (especially if she still retains a fair amount of Wondy's powers):

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-29-2021 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member

"Outside of the Avengers" gets tricky, given how many members the team has had over the years now. Even one of your suggestions here--Crystal--has been an Avenger.

When it comes to him dating superhuman women, I think a fellow Avenger is probably more likely to work out for him though. That's how he's likely to meet them in the first place, after all. A lot of the X-Women tend to stay within the mutant community for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    Simon x Crystal or Simon x Polaris wouldn’t be bad (I think Simon and Lorna would be a great pair!) but both girls are too close to the scarlet witch and I think Simon needs to stay clear of her! Lol
    I agree that Crys and Lorna are too close to Wanda. Crys is the mother of Crys' niece, and Lorna is Wanda's sort-of sister. Granted, dating a relative of Wanda's might be a twist on Wanda dating both Vision and his brother Simon--but on the other hand, I would think Simon would have learned enough from all the drama that has come with THAT to steer clear. lol

I do agree that he needs a powerful girlfriend. I thought maybe She-Hulk but it looks like she is about to be dating Jack of hearts. A Dazzler relationship could be fun too but recently I’ve been thinking that wonder man and Captain Marvel could give it another try!
    Dazzler is actually a really good option given that both of them also work as performers in addition to being superheroes, so that gives them some common ground and some similar circles to run in apart from just the hero community. Dazzler also doesn't tend to be as isolated from the rest of the Marvel Universe in a "mutants only" bubble as the many of the X-Men seem to be.

I think Wondy and She-Hulk could have a fun fling, absolutely--Simon often tends to be a bit of a brooder, and Jen would help lighten him up a bit. I'm not sure I can see her and Simon lasting as a long term couple though. I'm not sure why. As for her and Jack Of Hearts, people may be jumping the gun a bit on that assumption--all we have to go on there is a single cover image which was only ambiguously romantic.

Mighty Member

Simon x Crystal or Simon x Polaris wouldn’t be bad (I think Simon and Lorna would be a great pair!) but both girls are too close to the scarlet witch and I think Simon needs to stay clear of her! Lol I do agree that he needs a powerful girlfriend. I thought maybe She-Hulk but it looks like she is about to be dating Jack of hearts. A Dazzler relationship could be fun too but recently I’ve been thinking that wonder man and Captain Marvel could give it another try!
    I think this is the last time Carol and Simon are in together before the secret invasion broke them apart.

RCO069_1561983105.jpg

I wondered about that at the time too, when she absorbed him in UNCANNY AVENGERS. It is worth keeping in mind though that Simon's powers have gone through a LOT of fluctuations and changes over the years and through his multiple deaths and resurrections. Sometimes he is a flesh-and-blood being whose every cell is charged with ionic energy. Other times he is literally an energy being in human form. Once upon a time he needed a rocket belt to fly; now he flies under his own power. Etc, etc. Just because Simon was immune to Rogue's powers when they first met doesn't necessarily mean that hasn't changed over the years with the various changes in his powers and his physical nature.
    Fine, however, don't you think there should have been some mention of ths somewhere? I don't remember seeing any explanation anywhere (granted, I only read it once, and not with much pleasure. I always found the concept of Uncanny Avengers a really stupid moneygrab). They just went from your powers don't work on me to now not only can you copy my powers same as anyone else, but you can also absorb me, stealing my abilities for good. I tend to find that a bit of lazy writing.

Yeah, definitely remember Stardust Miseries from MCP! That was when a bewitched Wondy impersonated Hank Pym & made poor Jan an emotional wreck.

I don't think I've ever read that.

Peace