Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Punisher by Jason Aaron, Jesús Saiz and Paul Azaceta

PUNISHER #1
    Written by JASON AARON
    Art by JESÚS SAIZ and PAUL AZACETA
    Colors by DAVE STEWART
    Cover by JESÚS SAIZ

As the Punisher, Frank Castle has become the most accomplished killer the world has ever seen. After a shocking secret pushes him to become the warlord of the Hand, he now serves the Beast, a role he’s been fated to fulfill. Tragedy, war, and rage come together as he takes up his sword and his new armor with the most notorious clan of assassins in the Marvel Universe. Will it mean an end for the Punisher? Or a whole new bloody beginning?

On sale March 2022

Astonishing Member

I say this as someone whose like a lot of his ideas in theory but hated their execution, but someone needs to stop Aaron doing his mashups

I'm not a fan of the Punsiher, but seeing that Aaron is the writer behind this new series and the premise, I do feel bad for Punhiser's fans.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I say this as someone whose like a lot of his ideas in theory but hated their execution, but someone needs to stop Aaron doing his mashups
    Could you elaborate?

I don't care for the premise. We've seen Wolverine get possessed by the Hand, kill various folks, including innocents and Northstar. Then after he was cured of the brainwashing he went on a rampage against them, yeah.

In this case, is Frank possessed, or does he do this willingly? Why would he join a gangster cult like the Hand?

I have a distant memory of the 1980s Punisher ongoing where an adventure brought him to Japan (Shadowmasters?) and a character remarked that he was 'destined' to be ninja trained someday.

I have to wonder if this is another attempt to basically kill off Frank like the Max version died. And then at some future date some other person gets to be the Punisher (the black guy from the UK?)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Could you elaborate?
    I think the question is which Aaron are you getting in this book.

The Avengers one that folks CLAIM to hate but yet hate that title just to complain.

Or

Scalped Jason Aaron. That became a tv movie in 2017.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

This premise makes zero sense. The Hand are no different from the Mafia, killers Frank devoted his life to destroying, now he’s going to work WITH them? Give me a freaking break!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think the question is which Aaron are you getting in this book.

The Avengers one that folks CLAIM to hate but yet hate that title just to complain.

Or

Scalped Jason Aaron. That became a tv movie in 2017.
    Unfortunately it looks like the first option.

Weren't there rumors that they were going to have Aaron write the "final" Punisher story in light of the recent controversy over the characters' image? Or is this just going to end up being a normal ongoing?

I mean, Aaron does have an affinity for ol' Frank...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Weren't there rumors that they were going to have Aaron write the "final" Punisher story in light of the recent controversy over the characters' image? Or is this just going to end up being a normal ongoing?

I mean, Aaron does have an affinity for ol' Frank...
    It's a 13 issue series that will touch on his life at different points in time:

Debuting in March, the 13-issue series explores Frank Castle's past, present and future, with each artist contributing to different stages of The Punisher's life.

If they are goind to end Punisher, they should allow Garth Ennis to be the man who writes that.

Extraordinary Member

He'll be getting a new logo:

Oh no...what even is this?
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

Astonishing Member

If they are putting Frank out to pasture for a while, I feel they should have the guts to just have him go on trial for his role in the Hydra takeover. The circumstances are sufficiently fantastical that you should be able to keep it separate from the coup attempt, and it still sits really badly with me that we were meant to feel bad for Deadpool and Frank that they suffered consequences for collaborating.