Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I was going to comment on Tigra. The way he treated her was a disgrace and his disdain for her was obvious. I don't think he was particularly fond of Elektra or Hank Pym either.
    That’s OK. Most of us don’t like Bendis! Hating on fictional characters is ridiculous anyways. I can understand dislike but hating?

Mighty Member

Anyone feel that the pacifist Wonder Man have made become relevant in today world. He said that there was a time not every situation need to end in violent. He rather want to have conversation with the conflict instead of fighting over.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Anyone feel that the pacifist Wonder Man have made become relevant in today world. He said that there was a time not every situation need to end in violent. He rather want to have conversation with the conflict instead of fighting over.
    He definitely feels like an important outlier in a world of action Superheroes...

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He definitely feels like an important outlier in a world of action Superheroes...
    There are many supes who would rather talk first, but that does not usually solve the problems. I think they went too far over with Simon on this point.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Personally, I've grown to hate the pacifist angle - but not because there's anything wrong with advocating for peace. I hate it because Remender only did it in service to the Rogue story he wanted to tell, and then shunted Simon off into limbo! To make matters worse, when he was brought back they had a perfect opportunity to do away with that stance, but instead no one has done absolutely anything with it.

So Simon is still technically in limbo, just not the one in Rogue's head.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Personally, I've grown to hate the pacifist angle - but not because there's anything wrong with advocating for peace. I hate it because Remender only did it in service to the Rogue story he wanted to tell, and then shunted Simon off into limbo! To make matters worse, when he was brought back they had a perfect opportunity to do away with that stance, but instead no one has done absolutely anything with it.

So Simon is still technically in limbo, just not the one in Rogue's head.
    Bendis started the Simon as Pacifist angle actually in a couple of annuals that predate the Uncanny title
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Bendis started the Simon as Pacifist angle actually in a couple of annuals that predate the Uncanny title
    I remember Bendis had Simon lose his sh!t and attack the Avengers in those annuals. Later at the end of Bendis' run, Simon then had to redeem himself by helping to save Wasp from the microverse. At that point he still wasn't opposed to taking action, if I recall correctly?

I thought it was Remender that turned him pacifist in the first volume of Uncanny Avengers...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

I remember Bendis had Simon lose his sh!t and attack the Avengers in those annuals. Later at the end of Bendis' run, Simon then had to redeem himself by helping to save Wasp from the microverse. At that point he still wasn't opposed to taking action, if I recall correctly?
    And Wasp was cheering for him, without even realizing what Simon had been doing while she was gone...

I thought it was Remender that turned him pacifist in the first volume of Uncanny Avengers...?
    At least nobody had any issues with Simon being brought back into the fold...

Yeah I think you’re right. In the Annuals, Bendis had Simon create the Revengers I think to stop teams like The avengers from making things worse. The pacifist angle was a later natural step. Or something.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Yeah I think you’re right. In the Annuals, Bendis had Simon create the Revengers I think to stop teams like The avengers from making things worse. The pacifist angle was a later natural step. Or something.
    But it doesn't explain why Wonder Man has suddenly revert to his pacifist form. It's just kinda out of nowhere.

I do not like it. Simon is one of the strongest men alive. He needs to be out there using his abilities to help people and save lives. Let me talk to him. I will get him on the right track, lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do not like it. Simon is one of the strongest men alive. He needs to be out there using his abilities to help people and save lives. Let me talk to him. I will get him on the right track, lol.
    Best of luck, Phoenixx9. If his teammates & close friends aren't able to convince him, then I don't know what will?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Best of luck, Phoenixx9. If his teammates & close friends aren't able to convince him, then I don't know what will?

Eh. Simon changes his mind about stuff on a lark. The pacifist thing will be dropped like it never happened at some point.

This was such a load of CRAP! Bendis really should stick to his independent stuff (which I can easily avoid) and stop messing with great mainstream characters. His Superman was freaking unreadable. I mean, Ivan Reis' art got me to at least try it, but I really could not stomach it. I won't even get into the mess he made of the LSH.

Peace

To be honest, I wouldn't want anyone sporting that hair on my team anyway... (thanks a lot, JRJr!)
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009