Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I hope when Simon debuts in the MCU, they avoid the “brain waves creating vision” plot. I’d like less ties to Wanda and Vision so he can be his own character.
    Last edited by UncannyLZ; 02-04-2021 at 12:12 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    I hope when Simon debuts in the MCU, they avoid the “brain waves creating vision” plot. I’d like less ties to Wanda and Vision so he can be his own character.
    Ideally, I would too. However I think the best chance he has of getting any sort of MCU presence is if he's directly tied to established characters (at least at first).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Ideally, I would too. However I think the best chance he has of getting any sort of MCU presence is if he's directly tied to established characters (at least at first).
    I agree! My hope though is for that established character to be Zemo. Maybe there was an increase in Stark stock causing Williams Innovations to go under or post snap after people disappeared, Simon couldn’t keep his family company open and that caused him to turn to Zemo for super powers? I’d rather they adapted the “ex-villain turned hero” plot for Simon than tie him to Wanda and Vision

I agree! My hope though is for that established character to be Zemo. Maybe there was an increase in Stark stock causing Williams Innovations to go under or post snap after people disappeared, Simon couldn’t keep his family company open and that caused him to turn to Zemo for super powers? I’d rather they adapted the “ex-villain turned hero” plot for Simon than tie him to Wanda and Vision
    Agreed. It would be a good take. I'm tired of the constant linking of Simon with the Vision and Wanda. IMHO, it diminishes his character.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Agreed. It would be a good take. I'm tired of the constant linking of Simon with the Vision and Wanda. IMHO, it diminishes his character.

Peace
    Well, given Vision's MCU origin in Avengers: Age of Ultron, we can probably safely assume he and Simon won't have that connection at least...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Well, given Vision's MCU origin in Avengers: Age of Ultron, we can probably safely assume he and Simon won't have that connection at least...?
    That’s what I assumed back then but now that he’s died in Infinity War and may need to be rebuilt, they could use Simon. I really hope not though lol.

Who would you guys like to see Simon become friends with in the comics? He’s had his friendship with beast but I don’t think they are as close anymore since the last time they went out on the town, Simon said he thinks beast is dangerous. I’d like to see him with other characters but wonder what the other Wonder Man fans thought!

That’s what I assumed back then but now that he’s died in Infinity War and may need to be rebuilt, they could use Simon. I really hope not though lol.

Who would you guys like to see Simon become friends with in the comics? He’s had his friendship with beast but I don’t think they are as close anymore since the last time they went out on the town, Simon said he thinks beast is dangerous. I’d like to see him with other characters but wonder what the other Wonder Man fans thought!
    Wondy truly works best as a straight man to someone else. Him hanging out with Herc, or being played by Ares was kind of fun. I actually think that he'd work well in a mentor capacity with a know-it-all teen hero, much in the mold of the HERC and Amadeus Cho. I think it'd be great because Simon is much smarter than anyone gives him credit. Perhaps with the teen Wasp. I think she's one of the new generation of heroes that less bugs me (no pun intended), and she seems to always be on the lookout for a powerful father figure. If I give it more thought, I'll probably think of someone else.

Peace

Teenage character typically make me cringe (so do real life teenagers, tbh ), but I agree with what you're getting at.

PAD's "My Fair Superhero" mini hit the right notes as far as that's concerned, and I'd like to see the concept revisited, but maybe not with a teen...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Maybe he and Mary Jane Watson could star in a movie together ?

Personally, these would be My Top (3) Three:

1. Rick Jones
    (I always thought Rick & Simon had potential)

2. Sandman
    (If he hadn't gone over to the dark side, Sandman & Simon could've been drinking buddies)

3. Rogue
    (I know it's rather recent, but I enjoyed how close they became)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ^^^THAT is such a fun idea. I’d love to see that played out in Spidey’s book, w. Simon becoming a recurring character for an arc.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    1. Rick Jones
    (I always thought Rick & Simon had potential)
    ^^^I’m totally on board w. this. Great choice on your part!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

3. Rogue
    (I know it's rather recent, but I enjoyed how close they became)

I actually imagined they'd make the perfect couple when Rogue joined the X-Men, nearly going insane due to the nature of her powers. Being imune to her powers, Simon would be a dream come true for her, being able to touch her without any problems. And she had a lot of Carol Danvers in her, to whom not only Simon was very attracted to, in the early days of his return, but who also seemed to find him very intriguing. Alas, it was not to be. But, probably not a very popular choice among Wonder Man fans, who blame the Southern Belle for stealing ol' Simon's thunder for such a long time.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 02-06-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Totally agree with Rick Jones! I almost forgot their short Operation: Galactic Storm team up, but those scenes were great!

As far as Rogue... eh, what Nomads said. The only reason Remender even put Simon on the Unity Squad was as a plot device for what he knew he wanted to do with her. And unless there's a writer that prefers Simon, it would always be more of the same I fear - him existing to service her arcs.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^THAT is such a fun idea. I’d love to see that played out in Spidey’s book, w. Simon becoming a recurring character for an arc.
    That would be cool...a solid character driven movie as opposed to an action movie. Let it get some seriously good reviews about both Simon and MJ. Could also be an opportunity for Simon to get over his pacifism with Spidey's "power and responsibility" speech.

Incredible Member

I always liked this costume for Simon.IMG_6508