Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Eli Bradley: The Patriot(II) Appreciation 2021

Welcome to the Eli Bradley Appreciation thread! One of the founders of the Young Avengers, Patriot is the grandson of Isaiah Bradley, the forgotten Captain America who was the first American to receive the Super Soldier Serum!

First Appearance: Young Avengers #1

Videogame Appearance: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Abilities: Originally, Eli had no superhuman powers. He was just a highly trained peak human. However, after receiving a blood transfusion by his grandfather to save his life, Eli gained superhuman abilities because of the SSS that flowed in his grandfather's veins! Eli possess all of the abilities that the SSS endows, increased strength, endurance, speed, agility, reflexes, durability and healing factor.

Weapons: Eli uses a replica of Captain America's original triangular shield as well as throwing stars.

Team Affiliations:
    Young Avengers
    Secret Avengers

See:
    Young Avengers Vol. I
    Young Avengers/Runaways.
    Avengers: Children's Crusade.

Last edited by Marvell2100; 01-04-2021 at 04:41 PM.

Incredible Member

Nice! Long overdue for this character. I hope they actually get around to using him in some kind of prominent way. Easily my favorite YA character.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Nice! Long overdue for this character. I hope they actually get around to using him in some kind of prominent way. Easily my favorite YA character.
    Well there's a rumor that Eli Bradley will appear in Falcon and Winter Soldier on Disney+.

https://www.cbr.com/falcon-winter-so...rdson-patriot/

Ultimate Member

Hmm...I haven't heard that the legal issues have been resolved yet. So, I wouldn't hold my breath about seeing The Bradleys anytime soon, especially on screen. However, if they have it would be great.

what exactly are the legal issues involved? And where is his uncle, from The Crew?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Hmm...I haven't heard that the legal issues have been resolved yet. So, I wouldn't hold my breath about seeing The Bradleys anytime soon, especially on screen. However, if they have it would be great.
    Fingers-crossed that they have things worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's unfortunate that his face is covered up, but this would be my favorite uniform for Eli! I hope he comes back, and not just to get buried under by social justice "plots". Would be cool if he is written as a leader worthy of Captain America's legacy. Its time for America to embrace the strength, will, and presence of its young Black men to be heroes.

Astonishing Member

Oh, I forgot there was a modern day Patriot. I'm a fan of the original -- who would eventually be Captain America before he was killed. There was a great mini-series of the Golden Age Patriot written by Karl Kesel around 10 years ago.

Regarding Patriot II, I preferred his original uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well there's a rumor that Eli Bradley will appear in Falcon and Winter Soldier on Disney+.

https://www.cbr.com/falcon-winter-so...rdson-patriot/
    How reliable is IMDB these days? They have him listed as being in eps 3 and 6.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Depends, I think it can be edited like Wikipedia, so it's a give and take. Though they tend to be typically pretty okay in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what exactly are the legal issues involved? And where is his uncle, from The Crew?
    So what I can remember is that the creator of The Crew got into a legal dispute over copyright regarding anyone in the Bradley family, and Eli had to be held off on because of that. I think he was supposed to be in YA the new in David's place maybe, because Gillian mentioned he wanted to use him back then but couldn't for reasons. So Yes his uncle is from the crew, and because of his grandfather's blood, or his uncle's blood, Eli now has super powers.

They were originally planning on having him make a cameo in Black Panther, but that was removed due to the issues. I think they did settle it that's why things seem to be moving forward.

Her's hoping for an Eli and Kate team up possible romance because they were cute together.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'm not sure but I really hope that things have been cleared for Eli to return to the MU and appear in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Depends, I think it can be edited like Wikipedia, so it's a give and take. Though they tend to be typically pretty okay in most cases.

So what I can remember is that the creator of The Crew got into a legal dispute over copyright regarding anyone in the Bradley family, and Eli had to be held off on because of that. I think he was supposed to be in YA the new in David's place maybe, because Gillian mentioned he wanted to use him back then but couldn't for reasons. So Yes his uncle is from the crew, and because of his grandfather's blood, or his uncle's blood, Eli now has super powers.

They were originally planning on having him make a cameo in Black Panther, but that was removed due to the issues. I think they did settle it that's why things seem to be moving forward.

Her's hoping for an Eli and Kate team up possible romance because they were cute together.
    I hope so too. They're slowly pulling YA members into the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post

Wow, so is this also the reason why we haven't seen Josiah X? I think it would be great to see that Eli received some real intensive training by Josiah X while he's been low-key. Then when he joins YA properly he can be that dominant alpha hero that he can be without questioning himself so much.

Hoping 2021 will be an active year for Eli Bradley (A.K.A. The Patriot):