Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    How reliable is IMDB these days? They have him listed as being in eps 3 and 6.
    It would depend on who puts it in there.

There have been times when it was wrong-it had Robert Richard in a movie and when it came out he was NOT in it and it left out the black guy who was in for a time.

If it is saying those episodes I would suspect that is from a still unreleased press release for those episodes or the actor in question's agent.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Wow, so is this also the reason why we haven't seen Josiah X? I think it would be great to see that Eli received some real intensive training by Josiah X while he's been low-key. Then when he joins YA properly he can be that dominant alpha hero that he can be without questioning himself so much.
    That would be too cool to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Oh, I forgot there was a modern day Patriot. I'm a fan of the original -- who would eventually be Captain America before he was killed. There was a great mini-series of the Golden Age Patriot written by Karl Kesel around 10 years ago.

Regarding Patriot II, I preferred his original uniform.
    There's actually two modern day Patriots. The other one, Rayshaun Lucas, is one of Falcon's sidekicks and a member of the Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Depends, I think it can be edited like Wikipedia, so it's a give and take. Though they tend to be typically pretty okay in most cases.

So what I can remember is that the creator of The Crew got into a legal dispute over copyright regarding anyone in the Bradley family, and Eli had to be held off on because of that. I think he was supposed to be in YA the new in David's place maybe, because Gillian mentioned he wanted to use him back then but couldn't for reasons. So Yes his uncle is from the crew, and because of his grandfather's blood, or his uncle's blood, Eli now has super powers.

They were originally planning on having him make a cameo in Black Panther, but that was removed due to the issues. I think they did settle it that's why things seem to be moving forward.

Her's hoping for an Eli and Kate team up possible romance because they were cute together.
    You sure about that? Christopher Priest created the Crew and Josiah X. I don't recall there being any issues, and I don't understand how him creating Josiah X would impact the Bradley characters

Invincible Member

Depends, I think it can be edited like Wikipedia, so it's a give and take. Though they tend to be typically pretty okay in most cases.

So what I can remember is that the creator of The Crew got into a legal dispute over copyright regarding anyone in the Bradley family, and Eli had to be held off on because of that. I think he was supposed to be in YA the new in David's place maybe, because Gillian mentioned he wanted to use him back then but couldn't for reasons. So Yes his uncle is from the crew, and because of his grandfather's blood, or his uncle's blood, Eli now has super powers.

They were originally planning on having him make a cameo in Black Panther, but that was removed due to the issues. I think they did settle it that's why things seem to be moving forward.

Her's hoping for an Eli and Kate team up possible romance because they were cute together.
    It's not the creator of The Crew who was Christopher Priest, but Robert Morales's estate who have are/were having the copyright feud with Marvel over Isaiah Bradley. But yeah, that's also why we haven't seen Eli and Josiah since they are spin off characters. And why we have a new Patriot.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You sure about that? Christopher Priest created the Crew and Josiah X. I don't recall there being any issues, and I don't understand how him creating Josiah X would impact the Bradley characters
    Josiah is supposed to be the son of Isaiah.

Is that issue with the rights still going on? iirc Eli appeared a couple times last year even suiting up as Patriot in one of them, which is a major change from him not being allowed to appear at all and would only be referenced to since Children’s Crusade.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Wow, so is this also the reason why we haven't seen Josiah X? I think it would be great to see that Eli received some real intensive training by Josiah X while he's been low-key. Then when he joins YA properly he can be that dominant alpha hero that he can be without questioning himself so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's not the creator of The Crew who was Christopher Priest, but Robert Morales's estate who have are/were having the copyright feud with Marvel over Isaiah Bradley. But yeah, that's also why we haven't seen Eli and Josiah since they are spin off characters. And why we have a new Patriot.
    Yup, I couldn't remember who it was, all i could recall was that the Crew and Eli were not allowed to be used until just recently. I think there had to be some movement because we saw him physically show up more recently in some comics. So I have to wonder if there was some sort of deal brokered for now?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Josiah is supposed to be the son of Isaiah.
    And if I remember correctly Eli's mom is Josiah's sister? And why he didn't have the powers was because she didn't get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Is that issue with the rights still going on? iirc Eli appeared a couple times last year even suiting up as Patriot in one of them, which is a major change from him not being allowed to appear at all and would only be referenced to since Children’s Crusade.
    So a few things I was able to find, keep in mind the last major thing was from 2015, so it could be that there was a settlement in the lawsuit. People think there might be a gag order on the settlement, though what that is is unknown. I've been unable to find anything new since the 2015 mentioning anything about the case directly, later ones are mostly on tumblr and not exactly the most reliable. But what it seems to be the suit was over the fact that either Morales or his family were not happy that Marvel allowed other creators to create Josiah X (clone/illegitimate son of) and Eli himself as it took away something from the character. Even though as far as I've seen both characters were created with a lot of love for Isaiah.

If I can hazard a guess, I think the estate realized it could earn more money by allowing Marvel to use the family, or they did some sort of deal with him that gave them more rights to use the characters. I actually hope at one point we see Josiah and Isaiah along with the Crew.

Ultimate Member

So a few things I was able to find, keep in mind the last major thing was from 2015, so it could be that there was a settlement in the lawsuit. People think there might be a gag order on the settlement, though what that is is unknown. I've been unable to find anything new since the 2015 mentioning anything about the case directly, later ones are mostly on tumblr and not exactly the most reliable. But what it seems to be the suit was over the fact that either Morales or his family were not happy that Marvel allowed other creators to create Josiah X (clone/illegitimate son of) and Eli himself as it took away something from the character. Even though as far as I've seen both characters were created with a lot of love for Isaiah.

If I can hazard a guess, I think the estate realized it could earn more money by allowing Marvel to use the family, or they did some sort of deal with him that gave them more rights to use the characters. I actually hope at one point we see Josiah and Isaiah along with the Crew.
    Ah, okay. I think I see what's what.

The guy who created Isiah / The Truth mini and the guy who created Josiah X and The Crew are two different people.

Robert Morales wrote The Truth. Christopher Priest wrote The Crew.

Seems hypocritical to take issue with spin off characters when the entire concept of the mini spins out of a pre-existing character

Invincible Member

Ah, okay. I think I see what's what.

The guy who created Isiah / The Truth mini and the guy who created Josiah X and The Crew are two different people.

Robert Morales wrote The Truth. Christopher Priest wrote The Crew.

Seems hypocritical to take issue with spin off characters when the entire concept of the mini spins out of a pre-existing character
    I'm sure there's lots of behind the scenes stuff that we'll never know. The moratorium on Eli and Josaiah could have been Marvel thinking, "Let's settle the main dispute first before doing anything else." Or it could be a numbers thing, "You promised us x but we've only seen y..." I can think of a couple of alleged times when either Marvel or DC tried some tricky way to not pay people regarding a previously agreed on contract.

Yup, I couldn't remember who it was, all i could recall was that the Crew and Eli were not allowed to be used until just recently. I think there had to be some movement because we saw him physically show up more recently in some comics. So I have to wonder if there was some sort of deal brokered for now?

And if I remember correctly Eli's mom is Josiah's sister? And why he didn't have the powers was because she didn't get them.

Hell yeah, with that American Skin movie about to drop i could see space in the current culture for Josiah X to return, and bring new version of The Crew with him. I need to get that bad taste out my mouth for that trash version attempt made a few years ago by Coates and some lame writer. Plus I need to see Eli written like the boss dude his uncle Josiah is, but with his own style. These two be the start of a year for the in force return of black male heroes!
    Last edited by dkrook; 01-05-2021 at 11:45 AM.

I really hope that they have really come together and worked this thing out. Just too much wasted potential to be put on a shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I really hope that they have really come together and worked this thing out. Just too much wasted potential to be put on a shelf.
    When I go through the YA thread most of the conversation has to do with hulking and Wiccan. I wonder if there's a way to generate more buzz to raise Eli's profile.

Invincible Member

When I go through the YA thread most of the conversation has to do with hulking and Wiccan. I wonder if there's a way to generate more buzz to raise Eli's profile.
    If the rumors about him appearing in Falcon/Winter Soldier turn out to be true, I'm sure books with his early appearances will go up in value.

Just keep posting here. Eli wasn't getting much pub so that's why I created this thread.