Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default There is an alternative universe where...

Plastic man is DC’s answer to Deadpool.

Where Powergirl is an actually popular character rather then a joke character.

Where characters like Blue Beetle, and Captain Atom are way more popular because the actually appeared in Watchman.

What are your favorite alternate histories of DC heroes.

Are you talking about comic verse or real life what ifs??
    Because the answer could be: "Maybe in the Fringe universe."
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Im actually rewatching that with my daughter on HBO Max.

Peace

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I’m talking about comics��

In that case...
    I will start with my favorite...
    There is an alternative universe where the Legion was never rebooted and developted new characters according with the advance of time.
    And my least, favorite universe....
    There is an universe where Bendis is going to write the JSA.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

There is an alternative universe where the Titans are just as popular as the Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    There is an alternative universe where the Titans are just as popular as the Justice League.
    Ha! There was a time when they were more popular!

Sandy
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

There is a universe where DC's Golden Age characters aged with real time and their planet was changed because of their activities and discoveries. Their children (and grandchildren) grew into important roles as well. Earth Two, if it hadn't been f'd over by COIE and had some real thought put into actual effects and ramifications of all those decades of superheroing.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

DC Comics cares about Vixen as much as it cares about Batman.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

There is a universe where Barry Allen discovered than he was the illegitimate son of Jay Garrick. And also, Wally West is his illegitimate son.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Is there a universe where Marvel bought DC and Superman is a recovering alcoholic? And Robin was killed off because Marvel hates sidekicks?
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

There is a universe where Kathy Webb-Kane is Bat-Woman and there is another universe where Kate Kane is Batwoman.

There is a universe where Bette Kane is Bat-Girl and there is another universe where Barbara Gordon is Batgirl.

(Let's call these universes Earth 2 and Earth 1.)
    Last edited by scary harpy; 12-20-2021 at 05:48 PM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    There is a universe where Kathy Webb-Kane is Bat-Woman and there is another universe where Kate Kane is Batwoman.
    Or a better single universe where they are Bat-Woman and Batwoman, married crime-fighting duo.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Dick and Kori got married before Clark and Lois and became DC's power couple of the early 90s at least until Lois and Clark married, and he never went to Gotham's little sister town to be a street-level hero. Instead, they remain in New York and have superheroic to interstellar adventures, interspersed with Bat fam crossovers that only he attended since no meta in Gotham and all that
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 12-21-2021 at 09:27 AM.

Spectacular Member

There is an alternate universe--very far from ours unfortunately, that I, as a lifelong DC fan, wish I could visit. In this Universe:

The Action For Children's Television group never existed and Saturday morning cartoons in the 1960s-80s, while still aimed at a young audience, could feature mature themes and some (cartoon) violence
    The lessons of TDKR and Watchmen--that serious stories can be told with superheroes--are learned WITHOUT the rote decent in "grim and gritty" in the 90s and beyond--Batman remains a serious character, but not a borderline paranoiac sociopath
    The Editors of DC in the 1980s gave credit to their current and future readers that they could, in fact, understand the nature of the multiverse, so COIE never "had" to happen
    The Trinity are the elder statesmen of the DCU and are as close as family
    Starting the in 1980s more diverse characters appeared in the DCU, both as new and also legacy heroes and were accepted by fandom
    Clark, Bruce and Diana have all semi-retired in the storytelling of 2021, their sons, daughters and others have taken over their legacy
    Captain Marvel is called Captain Marvel and, in 2021, shares leadership of the Justice League with Dick Grayson (Batman)
    An annual crossover between superhero teams from the DCU and MCU is the biggest selling annual event in comics
    The Martian Manhunter TV series is a successful Crime Procedural/Superhero show that has spawned multiple Spinoffs (Zatanna, The Question, and Black Lightning among others)
    Hard Traveling Heroes is a successful comedy superhero movie series and features many characters from the Green Lantern and Arrow mythos
    Harley Quinn is the "Oddjob" of the DCU. A popular henchmen to the Joker, but nothing more.

The Justice League: Crisis Trilogy of movies is the highest grossing series of films of all time