Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It does feel odd they keep the Lanterns with the most Earth connections and supporting cast as far away from Earth as possible.
    Nobody seems to have time for Earth anymore...

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The ONLY GL book I'd buy again would be a monthly title featuring Kyle!
    Actually, give me a monthly title Green Lantern Corps: Recharge with Kyle & Guy together again.
    That mini was a MAJOR highlight for me - especially after the Raab run and Marz final arc!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    The ONLY GL book I'd buy again would be a monthly title featuring Kyle!
    Actually, give me a monthly title Green Lantern Corps: Recharge with Kyle & Guy together again.
    That mini was a MAJOR highlight for me - especially after the Raab run and Marz final arc!!
    Will I become the first AT&T shareholder asking for this to happen? You bet.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    you made me want to read again all Kyle's run.
    Loved it, loved him, miss him.
    Kyle's run is the best Lantern run by a country mile. Never before or since was there such energy and character and yes ROMANCE! I also loved the many corners if the DCU the book connected to. It was truly a wonderful time to be a Green Lantern fan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Kyle's run is the best Lantern run by a country mile. Never before or since was there such energy and character and yes ROMANCE! I also loved the many corners if the DCU the book connected to. It was truly a wonderful time to be a Green Lantern fan.
    I am currently re-reading vol 3, and I agree with you. It felt like.. the DCU version of FRIENDS. He was teaming-up with so many other characters so frequently, the title felt like it was the cornerstone of the DCU.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    I am currently re-reading vol 3, and I agree with you. It felt like.. the DCU version of FRIENDS. He was teaming-up with so many other characters so frequently, the title felt like it was the cornerstone of the DCU.
    Yes this was one of the best quality of Kyle at that time. He was connected with many other DC characters. Donna and the Titans, Wally and the JLA, Connor Hawke, Jade just to name a few.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Yes this was one of the best quality of Kyle at that time. He was connected with many other DC characters. Donna and the Titans, Wally and the JLA, Connor Hawke, Jade just to name a few.
    To be honest, this lack of connectivity (especially in the GL title) is the reason I have been dropping DC titles more and more.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    I am honestly flabbergasted that DC has not tried to have a GL series centered in Kyle back on Earth in years and years.
    That would have been a great fit for Kyle.

I prefer Hal on Earth as well but he could still work in space. Kyle was always more of an everyman and down to earth. Earth and a city like New York always suited him a lot more than the outer cosmos.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    That would have been a great fit for Kyle.

I prefer Hal on Earth as well but he could still work in space. Kyle was always more of an everyman and down to earth. Earth and a city like New York always suited him a lot more than the outer cosmos.
    Green Lantern: New Guardians wasn't earth-based but it was an awesome Kyle Rayner title despite the no-brained opinions of the legions of new52 haters.

Mighty Member

Did anyone know what Kyle Rayner's race is ?

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Irish I believe. I know his mom is.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Yeah that was brutal. These Kyle comics were some of my first ever comics as a kid. I wasnt used to characters dying in comics yet. So Alex's death hit me pretty hard.

On another note, dont really care for the new Green Lantern comic but I saw Kyle on the cover so maybe hell be in there.
    Almost 30 years past and I still can't deal with it.
    I read somewhere it spawned a controversy on how women were treated in comics.
    the extra skater
    Download Ferda Boys #1, a 36-page hockey webcomic.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by extra skater View Post

Almost 30 years past and I still can't deal with it.
    I read somewhere it spawned a controversy on how women were treated in comics.
    Gail Simone coined the term 'women in refrigerators'.
    I've seen the original page Banks drew that DIDN'T see print and it's probably worse actually seeing Alex stuffed in there.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Gail Simone coined the term 'women in refrigerators'.
    I've seen the original page Banks drew that DIDN'T see print and it's probably worse actually seeing Alex stuffed in there.
    Yeah, that's it. Thanks.

Gonna look for this page.
    the extra skater
    Download Ferda Boys #1, a 36-page hockey webcomic.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    His mother waas irish, but his father was latino.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin