Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Depends on the American. Spain is in Europe, however many (ignorant, sorry!) Americans don't realize that not everyone who speaks Spanish is Mexican/Latino.
    I guess that makes sense. It is just a bit weird (and slightly off-putting) whenever I see that Spanish-speakers are considered POC by default.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I havent drawn in a very long time but finally decided to randomly start again. For my breaking back in I made one of my favorites Kyle Rayner.

20210325_202112.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Well done, mate! Great choice

Thanks man.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Incredible Member

This might be an April's fool joke, then again, it might not.

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1377289824541888521

Basically, DC is proposing a battle royale between different pitches, with the winning pitch becoming a book by the end of the year. And our guy, Kyle would star alongside Kilowog in Green Lanterns: Underworld on Fire.

So go ahead to Twitter and vote for Green Lanterns: Underworld on Fire to make it happen.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post

Basically, DC is proposing a battle royale between different pitches, with the winning pitch becoming a book by the end of the year. And our guy, Kyle would star alongside Kilowog in Green Lanterns: Underworld on Fire.

So go ahead to Twitter and vote for Green Lanterns: Underworld on Fire to make it happen.
    Green Lanterns: Underworld on Fire
    "A deadly outfit of space outlaws are razing the intergalactic underworld sector by sector under the command of a disruptive new kingpin, in search of an ancient payday worth becoming the target of every power player in the galaxy—including Sinestro! Green Lanterns Kyle Rayner and Kilowog are put on the case, but will Kyle be able to do this one by the book when he finds out who’s behind it all?"

I'd love to see a Kyle and Kilowog series! This pitch sounds really cool. If it's not an April Fool's joke, I hope this gets through.

Voted for our boy Kyle. Hope he gets a series. Sounds like a cool space cop story. Dont remember seeing him interact with Kilowog much either.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Kyle alongside Kilowog? Please do it!

Amazing Member

I always thought Kilowog and Kyle might have a fun dynamic on a case - Kilowog's the drill sergeant all about making sure GL recruits have the right training, and Kyle free-wheeled his way into becoming his own kind of GL. There's a lot of potential there!

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post

I don't think it's an April fools joke to be honest. That would upset fans. It makes a bad PR.

It's good to see DC giving other GL's chances.

It seems like one of those pitches will become a potential comic book series. I thought there were going to be multiple.

Extraordinary Member

Kyle’s life as Green Lantern will be turned upside down when he discovers new strengths…and powers?!

As Kyle seems to be tested at every turn, he’ll face some of his biggest adventures yet! With Jade and Terry by his side—as well as some familiar faces, like the Man of Steel—is there anything that can stand in his way?

Discover the powers of Green Lantern in this collection of Green Lantern #137-150 and Green Lantern: Our Worlds at War #1!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Interesting time for the book.
    Towards the tail end of Winick's run and the payoff for the story that had been building over the last year.
    Definitely worth a look if you don't already own the issues!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Interesting time for the book.
    Towards the tail end of Winick's run and the payoff for the story that had been building over the last year.
    Definitely worth a look if you don't already own the issues!
    Awesome! I have noticed more and more collections of Kyle's tenure as GL coming out as of late.

I have most of GL v3, in fact, all the way to #170, which, to me, is where the volume ends (in my headcanon at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Good to see more Kyle trades .