Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    She never coming back huh
    In comics, never say never. Sooner or later(Cir El falls into this category, sadly), she'll be back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is there a place for her in the current DCU?
    There's a place for her and a lot of characters, but the folk running DCU don't even know what's happening in their own universe.

Is there a place for her in the current DCU?
    In the current one? Hardly. In some version of the DCU? Probably, but the first set a direction and an story for the character, a role she must have to make sense in the whole picture.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Future villian "created" her
    Clark AND Lois DNA
    Red sun powers

These are the things you start with, then you go forward with whatever vision you want.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Future villian "created" her
    Clark AND Lois DNA
    Red sun powers

These are the things you start with, then you go forward with whatever vision you want.
    Friends with Natasha Irons and Traci 13

Incredible Member

Thinking about ways to incorporate her to current continuity:
    1. Biological daughter of Clark and Lois: It's the simplest way, but unless they make her remain a toddler for a long, long time, the only way to have her be an active character would be artificially aging her up in some way, and after all the controversy with Jon I'm not sure that'd go down well. Still probably the easiest to implement and the most likely to stick if it did happen.
    2. Time-displaced daughter of Clark and Lois: Basically what she initially appeared to be. Problem here is that the "time-displaced" gimmick kind of loses impact when Lois & Clark already have a biological son, since there's none of the shock of learning they'll be parents in the future against all odds.
    3. Brainiac-created Kryptonian/human hybrid from Lois & Clark DNA: Runs the risk of being too similar to Kon, in which case Kon would immediately be the more interesting one by virtue of being related to the archnemesis.
    4. Confused young girl with Kryptonian powers due to Brainiac: What she already was. I'm partial to her being adopted after the initial introduction: not just because Clark adopting someone carries a lot of weight, but because it would serve as a contrast with how he handled the situation with Kara and Kon (in whatever way those may have happened in current continuity, assuming such a thing as current continuity exists).

The other thing to consider is whether she'd be Supergirl again, because I think whoever carries that title after Kara should do so because of a connection to Kara and not to Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Thinking about ways to incorporate her to current continuity:
    1. Biological daughter of Clark and Lois: It's the simplest way, but unless they make her remain a toddler for a long, long time, the only way to have her be an active character would be artificially aging her up in some way, and after all the controversy with Jon I'm not sure that'd go down well. Still probably the easiest to implement and the most likely to stick if it did happen.
    2. Time-displaced daughter of Clark and Lois: Basically what she initially appeared to be. Problem here is that the "time-displaced" gimmick kind of loses impact when Lois & Clark already have a biological son, since there's none of the shock of learning they'll be parents in the future against all odds.
    3. Brainiac-created Kryptonian/human hybrid from Lois & Clark DNA: Runs the risk of being too similar to Kon, in which case Kon would immediately be the more interesting one by virtue of being related to the archnemesis.
    4. Confused young girl with Kryptonian powers due to Brainiac: What she already was. I'm partial to her being adopted after the initial introduction: not just because Clark adopting someone carries a lot of weight, but because it would serve as a contrast with how he handled the situation with Kara and Kon (in whatever way those may have happened in current continuity, assuming such a thing as current continuity exists).

The other thing to consider is whether she'd be Supergirl again, because I think whoever carries that title after Kara should do so because of a connection to Kara and not to Clark.

I vote HARD for #4. Brainiac grabs a girl off the street and experiments with her with injected kryptonian DNA. Changes her look, mesess her up a Lil in her mind, and gives her unique powers to boot.

Definitely have Lois and Clark want to adopt her to make the girl who had no family feel a part of something.

Supergirl for sure, Kara will be superwoman, and Karen will be power GIRL or WOMAN
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member

Well, a Colombian descent Latina was just cast as Supergirl.

I’m not saying Cir-El (Mia) necessarily was Latina, but she resembled one more than comics Kara Zor-El.

Well, a Colombian descent Latina was just cast as Supergirl.

I’m not saying Cir-El (Mia) necessarily was Latina, but she resembled one more than comics Kara Zor-El.

Thst could easily be the "look" of a new Cir-el that brainiac grabs off the streets for experiments

I would've preferred Jon to have a sister named Sarah in the upcoming Superman and Lois tv show.

They could be fraternal twins.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I would've preferred Jon to have a sister named Sarah in the upcoming Superman and Lois tv show.

They could be fraternal twins.
    Why Sarah?

Why Sarah?
    Sarah sounds close to Cir-el phonetically.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Sarah sounds close to Cir-el phonetically.

Sounds good to me lol.

Question - would all you who have a opinion on her keep the mixed up body swap thing, where her mind and body switched up?

Extraordinary Member

Thst could easily be the "look" of a new Cir-el that brainiac grabs off the streets for experiments
    I can see that happening.

That’s nothing saying the original wasn’t either.

Extraordinary Member

Wait wouldn’t her “Kryptonian” name be Cir Kal-El?