Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm not reading Wolverine but this panel makes me ask... Does Maverick finally have the 'seeing a few seconds into the future/tactical precognitive' power he was falsely listed as possessing back in the 90s?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm not reading Wolverine but this panel makes me ask... Does Maverick finally have the 'seeing a few seconds into the future/tactical precognitive' power he was falsely listed as possessing back in the 90s?
    Yes, plus the new power of boyband hair!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've officially dropped X-Force as of issue 15. Mainly because of Beast's characterisation and...I just don't think it's very interesting anymore, overall.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I don’t remember him having this power. Cable did actually, during Spurrier’s run on X-Force. When did Maverick have this ability? I thought his power was always kinetic energy absorption.

He sounded annoyed about Sage.

Yeah dude we know you do long form story telling.

That’s all good and dandy.

But have Sage appear more with word bubbles.

Pepper her in more.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    That's still no excuse Kid Omega and Sage should have been amongst the first characters to get a spotlight.
    So far I feel like Sage is his only major failure. Kid Omega hasn’t gotten an issue dedicated to him but he’s shown up consistently and his characterization has been clear since issue 1 (though it’s been kinda muddled with the dying gag).

Also sometimes I feel like these two books bleed together and I think X-Force could do more to distinguish itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I don’t remember him having this power. Cable did actually, during Spurrier’s run on X-Force. When did Maverick have this ability? I thought his power was always kinetic energy absorption.
    As I said: 'falsely listed as possessing'.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

As I said: 'falsely listed as possessing'.
    Ah. My bad. Glossed over the word "falsely." Must've missed that too, wherever it was falsely listed. Thanks.

Probably on one of those Fleer Marvel cards. They sometimes got things wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ah. My bad. Glossed over the word "falsely." Must've missed that too, wherever it was falsely listed. Thanks.

Probably on one of those Fleer Marvel cards. They sometimes got things wrong.
    From Uncannyxmen.net...
    Several early non-canon sources (such as trading cards, toys, and children's reference books) referred to Maverick as a precognitive, able to sense the future five seconds in advance in order to avoid and counter his opponents. This presumably comes from some early notes about the character that never made it into the comics.

I was first introduced to Maverick from this card. I thought being a tactical precog was cool... not generic energy blasts and regeneration.
    Last edited by nx01a; 01-04-2021 at 04:28 PM.

Agreed. That would've been a much cooler power for him IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulagirl1 View Post
    Yes, plus the new power of boyband hair!
    Was that a serious 'yes' or was that facetious? :P

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    The Hellfire Gala not happening until the summer makes sense. That would probably be about a good six or seven issues for each of the books which sounds great considering that the storylines have been disrupted by 2 events so far.

Thr fact that Percy is just NOW talking about a spotlight issue for members of the team that have been around since the beginning is low key frustrating lol
    I love him but especially when Domino and Wolverine had two already.

BANNED

X-Force has been more complete team book than majority of x-books. He uses them without oversaturating them except for Logan but I am not a fan of his Wolverine either so why bother.

That just looks like regular Schwarzenegger action hero powers of bad-assery to me.

Si Spurrier tweeted that Friday is huge-announcement day. I hope next week's X-Men Monday is about whatever his new X-project is; his old interviews on CBR's X-Position were always so delightfully long-winded.