Default Rubix Cube the movie!

Really! Will rubix the amazing cube make his big return! Will it be based on the life of the rubix creator and 80s cube craze or will it be a fantasy with a rubix cube?

https://deadline.com/2021/01/rubiks-...nt-1234664098/

Last time hollywood made rubix.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Man, maybe people are right and Hollywood is bancrupt of new ideas. I mean, they made this film already back in 1997 and it even got a few sequels:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Really! Will rubix the amazing cube make his big return! Will it be based on the life of the rubix creator and 80s cube craze or will it be a fantasy with a rubix cube?

https://deadline.com/2021/01/rubiks-...nt-1234664098/

Last time hollywood made rubix.

Keep the Hispanic family is this

Astonishing Member

They've made great movies about Chess and other strategic games, while a Rubix Cube is silly, as long as the people are providing the drama, I don't see why it couldn't be a good film.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Still waiting for the Hula Hoop Trilogy and the Slinky Saga.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    They've made great movies about Chess and other strategic games, while a Rubix Cube is silly, as long as the people are providing the drama, I don't see why it couldn't be a good film.
    Netflix has a good docu about competitive rubix cube players.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Still waiting for the Hula Hoop Trilogy and the Slinky Saga.
    I want Hungry Hungry Hippos: The Movie. We even kinda got a tease for it in the movie Congo:

I got a feeling it won't be this:

Wasn't mentioned in the link, too obscure (one season) and...I see no way to animate Rubik that isn't nightmare fuel.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The pitch:

Rubik's Cube toys were actually created by an advanced alien race as training toys for their children. If you have one of the *real* cubes, each one of the 43 quintillion possible combinations opens a portal to a different world or dimension. If you ever solve one full side of the cube, however, it creates a mega-portal that sucks in the dimension you're in (along with you) and scatters it over all the other dimensions, destroying it. If you ever solve the whole cube, all barriers between dimensions break down and the universe collapses into primal chaos. So the aliens are very careful never to solve a side, much less all six. But the villain... a nihilist madman who thinks he can shape the resulting chaos into a world of his own absolute control... introduced the toy cubes to our world along with the message that you're *supposed* to solve it. He has now created a world where millions of people have innocently learned how to destroy the universe when the villain switches out the toys for the real thing...

If it's on HBO, we can add in some boobs.