Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default (Cobra Kai) Miguel & Tory vs Sam & Robby

That's right.

I wanted to make it sam and Miguel, but i dont think it would be a balanced fight.

This is all characters at their best.

It's kinda funny how, since we're assuming their best versions, this is almost just Season 2. Season 3 didn't really give us anything new in terms of feats (maybe Tory bending a storm drain and Miguel's willpower) since all four of them were fell out of practice due to circumstance and had to gradually get back into standardized training. Only Hawk and some of the secondary fighters maintained their standard training, and Dimitri and the season 1 bullies got a bit of a powerup.

In the S2 finale, Tory fought dirty and Miguel got the better of Robby (only falling because he let his guard down), so I'd give it to them.
    Last edited by Cyke; 01-04-2021 at 12:04 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    It's kinda funny how, since we're assuming their best versions, this is almost just Season 2. Season 3 didn't really give us anything new in terms of feats (maybe Tory bending a storm drain and Miguel's willpower) since all four of them were fell out of practice due to circumstance and had to gradually get back into standardized training. Only Hawk and some of the secondary fighters maintained their standard training, and Dimitri and the season 1 bullies got a bit of a powerup.

In the S2 finale, Tory fought dirty and Miguel got the better of Robby (only falling because he let his guard down), so I'd give it to them.
    Oh gawd, do they do 'fighting dirty' on that show?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Oh gawd, do they do 'fighting dirty' on that show?
    Well, Tory cheated by turning her bracelet into claws capable of tearing flesh, soooo...

In S3 she spoilers:
    used Daniel's nunchucks against Sam with the intent to cause grievous bodily harm, with Sam having to muster up the courage to use a bo staff to defend and then disarm
    end of spoilers

Well, Tory cheated by turning her bracelet into claws capable of tearing flesh, soooo...

In S3 she spoilers:
    used Daniel's nunchucks against Sam with the intent to cause grievous bodily harm, with Sam having to muster up the courage to use a bo staff to defend and then disarm
    end of spoilers
    So, question - was this a 'real' fight (ie, spontaneous with two people deciding to go at each other for reasons), or was it an event with rules laid out beforehand, and agreed to by both sides?

'Cause if it's the latter, sure, breaking the rules is cheating and sure, 'dirty'. But if it was the former? *shrugs* Just means one person decided to use weapons. Makes them potentially murderous, but not 'dirty'.

...course, if it was at an actual fighting event, I'm not sure how this character got into a match while wearing a bracelet, so I'm guessing it was a spontaneous fight. Either that, or they've got some weird rules about jewelry at these events.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-04-2021 at 12:27 PM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

So, question - was this a 'real' fight (ie, spontaneous with two people deciding to go at each other for reasons), or was it an event with rules laid out beforehand, and agreed to by both sides?

'Cause if it's the latter, sure, breaking the rules is cheating and sure, 'dirty'. But if it was the former? *shrugs* Just means one person decided to use weapons. Makes them potentially murderous, but not 'dirty'.
    OH, you and your "rules."

In any case, Tory -- rules or no rules -- is the more vicious fighter, and isn't afraid to use that to gain the upperhand is the larger point. Out of all the teen fighters, and maybe second only to Kreese overall, she's likely the most prone to escalation.

...course, if it was at an actual fighting event, I'm not sure how this character got into a match while wearing a bracelet, so I'm guessing it was a spontaneous fight. Either that, or they've got some weird rules about jewelry at these events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5g-DyVPvgg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNV0OppOSYo
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

OH, you and your "rules."
    ^_^

Spontaneous fights, they don't have rules. You can't 'cheat'. Someone crying 'foul' or 'dirty fighting' is usually a person looking for an excuse as to why they lost the fight.

It's different if you're at a sporting event, but I'm getting the idea that this situation isn't that.

In any case, Tory -- rules or no rules -- is the more vicious fighter, and isn't afraid to use that to gain the upperhand is the larger point. Out of all the teen fighters, and maybe second only to Kreese overall, she's likely the most prone to escalation.
    Escalation is a word I like in this situation, sure. Of course, escalation may simply mean 'you got there before the other person did'. ^_^

Just to note - I don't advocate 'escalation' always, myself. If one is trying to deal with drunk Uncle Bob at a Christmas party, and things get out of hand, hitting him with a brick isn't the way to go unless Uncle Bob is getting downright murderous.

However, I don't have any problems with the idea of escalation happening in a situation where some dude attacks me. I don't know what this guy's limit is. He wants to hurt me. For all I know, if I go down, he'll put the boots to me. And I don't want that - I like being alive. Soooo...escalation? You bet.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-04-2021 at 12:41 PM.
    Why are we here?

This is a mostly awful fight scene with some fun stuff thrown into it. I would be remiss in not mentioning that I like mohawk dude the most out of the bunch.
    Why are we here?

^_^

Spontaneous fights, they don't have rules. You can't 'cheat'. Someone crying 'foul' or 'dirty fighting' is usually a person looking for an excuse as to why they lost the fight.

It's different if you're at a sporting event, but I'm getting the idea that this situation isn't that.

Escalation is a word I like in this situation, sure. Of course, escalation may simply mean 'you got there before the other person did'. ^_^

Just to note - I don't advocate 'escalation' always, myself. If one is trying to deal with drunk Uncle Bob at a Christmas party, and things get out of hand, hitting him with a brick isn't the way to go unless Uncle Bob is getting downright murderous.

However, I don't have any problems with the idea of escalation happening in a situation where some dude attacks me. I don't know what this guy's limit is. He wants to hurt me. For all I know, if I go down, he'll put the boots to me. And I don't want that - I like being alive. Soooo...escalation? You bet.
    Well, in this thread, I'm not saying it's a problem as well, either. After all, it's why I give her the win over Sam. But to further add, Tory isn't just an escalator (not that kind), but also an instigator. The other dojos adopt the mantra of finishing a fight, whereas she -- again, under Kreese -- adopts the attitude of starting AND ending a fight.

P.S. Just out of curiosity and courtesy, have you seen the show? If not, I'll be a bit more conscientious about spoiler tags.
    Last edited by Cyke; 01-04-2021 at 01:25 PM.

This is a mostly awful fight scene with some fun stuff thrown into it. I would be remiss in not mentioning that I like mohawk dude the most out of the bunch.
    Hawk aka mohawk dude is one of the best characters should not have lost that easily to the other kid (dimitri)

Well, in this thread, I'm not saying it's a problem as well, either. After all, it's why I give her the win over Sam. But to further add, Tory isn't just an escalator (not that I kind), but also an instigator. The other dojos adopt the mantra of finishing a fight, whereas she -- again, under Kreese -- adopts the attitude of starting AND ending a fight.
    Certainly doesn't make her a good PERSON, I will say. Bleah. And yeah, I think we've all known that kind of person.

P.S. Just out of curiosity and courtesy, have you seen the show? If not, I'll be a bit more conscientious about spoiler tags.
    Have not seen the show, will not be seeing the show, so no worries. But you might want to go spoilers for other people, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Hawk aka mohawk dude is one of the best characters should not have lost that easily to the other kid (dimitri)
    Possibly only Guy1 will understand this (and Iron, if he sticks his nose in here), but just from the little I saw of him in the first video he gave me a bit of a 'Murayama' vibe. ^_^ Which immediately endeared him to me.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Possibly only Guy1 will understand this (and Iron, if he sticks his nose in here), but just from the little I saw of him in the first video he gave me a bit of a 'Murayama' vibe. ^_^ Which immediately endeared him to me.
    Yeah, though Hawk is basically an antagonist here, he does have that kind of energy most Oya High guys showed.

...I'm now mostly convinced any of the low tier characters of High&Low would single handily thrash those kids btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Yeah, though Hawk is basically an antagonist here, he does have that kind of energy most Oya High guys showed.

...I'm now mostly convinced any of the low tier characters of High&Low would single handily thrash those kids btw.
    Heck, I'm watching Euphoria and I'm convinced the Cobra Kai kids would either be terrified out of their minds or dead by the second episode.

(Sure, they're totally different shows, but it was kinda fun to imagine that twisted crossover.)

The athleticism of the Cobra Kai kids and the adults in their fight scenes (when not replaced by stunt doubles) are fun, though.
    Last edited by Cyke; 01-04-2021 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. ^_^

Oh yeah, any name level characters in H&L would whup on the kids. Even Chiharu, or the White Rascals glam guys. They fight more smoothly, hit much harder, and have inhuman damage soak.

I'm now imagining Po or Yu in that hallway fight, absolutely dominating everyone.
    Why are we here?