Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Robby is the last man standing everyone else gets wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Putting aside that i am not neccessarily convinced that prime Miguel was truly better than prime Robby is now, and that i would say the gap between Tory and Sam has increased, because if a not full-contact fight in which Tory is so concerned about her promise to Amanda that she gets almost in panic from just hitting Sam illegally with an elbow on accident looks like that, i truly don't like Sam's chances in an all-out full-contact fight.

Can we even say this includes Season 2 Miguel, if anyone else is their Season 4 version? Oh never mind this question, i just saw that this is your thread.
    well, as i already stated, i do agree Tory is stronger than Sam. but i don't see how the gap has widened further all that much? Tory only got some added miyagi do training (second hand training actually, though from the best student i guess), and sam got some extra cobra kai training (from a better instructor, plus cobra kai offensive style seemed right up her alley don't you agree?)

might just be my bias talking hehe, i do not like the robby character (though he got better this season), and i can definitely see how people can hate Sam, who turned into even more of a bully this season.

Tory and Miguel seem to be more sympathetic characters.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...I see what you did, there. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...I see what you did, there. ^_^
    That one was just for you!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    well, as i already stated, i do agree Tory is stronger than Sam. but i don't see how the gap has widened further all that much? Tory only got some added miyagi do training (second hand training actually, though from the best student i guess), and sam got some extra cobra kai training (from a better instructor, plus cobra kai offensive style seemed right up her alley don't you agree?)

might just be my bias talking hehe, i do not like the robby character (though he got better this season), and i can definitely see how people can hate Sam, who turned into even more of a bully this season.

Tory and Miguel seem to be more sympathetic characters.
    This.

I thought Sam and Tory would have actually made some form of amends after she talked to Aisha over confronting bullies. It would have made a good wrap-up to their arc. Instead, Sam became even MORE petulant by going up to Tory minding her own business and just yelling "I'm not afraid of you, HMPH!" like a little brat.

I may be biased but I do think Tory is generally more skilled than Sam. Tory was trained in CK for something like 2 seasons now and she spent this entire season learning MD from Robbie.

Compared to Sam whose only CK training was just jumping between a few buildings. Pretty sure there's a lot more to CK than just overcoming your fear of heights.

But yeah, the Larusso's, except the mom, were AWFUL this season. Daniel kept pushing his bullshit "I know everything" attitude. Sam was a petulant little brat. And don't even get me started on Lapusso. He had his coming SINCE THE BEGINNING. I'm not even joking when I say that him getting his ass kicked by Kenny was my favorite moment this entire season. THANK YOU, writers.

Miguel is arguably the best fighter out of the bunch. CK trained and he learned some decent amount of MD to boot.

But I also felt he was soooo robbed this season. He was basically a background character his what was arguably his show in season 1. Really disappointed. And it's frustrating how Johnny kept going back to sucking because the plot called for it. Like the Sam and Tory thing, I felt the writing was actually regressional in a way because his relationship with Johnny should have peaked at that moment. Truly heartbreaking to see it go the way it did.

Anyways.

Tory and Miguel are winning this. Miguel will probably have to fight like hell to overcome Robbie (because of his back) and Sam should lose handily to Tory.
    Last edited by Kuro; 01-04-2022 at 05:13 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    That one was just for you!
    And it is appreciated!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

So how we ranking the main characters strenght guys?

Personally i think something like:

Anything goes:

Chozen
    T. Silver
    Larusso
    Johnny Lawrence
    Kreese
    Miguel
    Robbie
    Hawk
    Tory
    Sam
    Kenny
    Lapusso

Karate Tournament 3 point win:

Chozen
    Larusso/Johnny Lawrence
    T. Silver
    Kreese
    Miguel
    Hawk
    Robbie
    Sam/Tory
    Kenny
    Lapusso

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Chozen and Larusso are 1-2 easily. Comic-book pressure point stuff for the easy victory. Plus, Daniel-san still has that "that's a technique I hope none of us ever have to use" scroll.

You don't think it would have been useful to learn/teach that before a final fight for the soul of Southern California there, big guy?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

oh and a huge shout out to that new eagle fang girl Devon lee. she was awesome, she had the best line of the season after losing to Tory

"I only trained for six weeks! I'm gonna be stomping all these weak ass bitches next year" -Devon Lee

Oh her and Hawk gonna be a power couple

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    oh and a huge shout out to that new eagle fang girl Devon lee. she was awesome, she had the best line of the season after losing to Tory

"I only trained for six weeks! I'm gonna be stomping all these weak ass bitches next year" -Devon Lee

Oh her and Hawk gonna be a power couple
    It's a shame that she was rather hastily introduced since she does have some keen character presence. Understandable that she didn't get nearly as much development as Kenny got, being the capstone of a jokey bit, but given they're developing a whole other season looking forward to what she can do.

They’re going to concentrate on Silver next period. Then they’re going to set up Kung Fu kid villains with Jayden Smith joining the team.

And they’re probably gonna train Lapusso.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    They’re going to concentrate on Silver next period. Then they’re going to set up Kung Fu kid villains with Jayden Smith joining the team.

And they’re probably gonna train Lapusso.
    He hasn't shown aptitude for training, but if he does learn something he'll pull farther ahead from Demitri as the character I like least.

It seems the last alumns they haven't pulled in yet are Mike Barnes and...uh...Julie Pierce (Hilary Swank).

Granted Mike is probably in jail by now and Julie is on the other coast, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    He hasn't shown aptitude for training, but if he does learn something he'll pull farther ahead from Demitri as the character I like least.

It seems the last alumns they haven't pulled in yet are Mike Barnes and...uh...Julie Pierce (Hilary Swank).

Granted Mike is probably in jail by now and Julie is on the other coast, but who knows.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Chozen and Larusso are 1-2 easily. Comic-book pressure point stuff for the easy victory. Plus, Daniel-san still has that "that's a technique I hope none of us ever have to use" scroll.
    Those pressure points seem pretty useless. Jonny was hit by one of those and he still won the point for that round. It took less than like 2 seconds for it to come back. That's the one thing I hate about CK. Apparently, Jonny and Daniel know moves from their respective styles that they just happen to pull out of their ass for the sake of plot. At least with Chozen, it's possible that he learned a different "variation" of MD in that he is actually in Japan where the style was created. But the upside down kick, the 1080 spin kick and the scroll are all pretty big ass pulls.

You don't think it would have been useful to learn/teach that before a final fight for the soul of Southern California there, big guy?
    Maybe deep down, Daniel realizes what a huge first world problem he's having by wasting all that time on some punk kids learning karate taught by some over-the-hill marines.