Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    This excited me.

spoilers:
    One thing... why did Cable say that Stryfe is a clone of Cable’s future self. He was cloned while he was still a child... or has something contradicted that?
    end of spoilers
    I'm guessing it's just his way of saying this is the Stryfe they know, not the young one that he knows. The real continuity error is him saying that Apocalypse made Stryfe when it was actually Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I'm guessing it's just his way of saying this is the Stryfe they know, not the young one that he knows. The real continuity error is him saying that Apocalypse made Stryfe when it was actually Rachel.
    That, too! I forgot mention that part..

Or maybe none of that is an error and its a clue that teen Cable isnt exactly who we were led to believe he is....

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I haven't had a chance to get to my LCS, but I don't see a recap of the issue. Anyway someone could say more on Stryfe's re-emergence in reference to the book.

Damn! Stryfe looks like a badass in this game.

Oh wow that looks amazing! I was just thinking the other day, we don’t see enough of Stryfe outside of comics

One thing I like about Stryfe is that he has a legitimate beef with the Summers family.
    Rachel created him as a decoy for Apocalypse, and Scott and Jean took the baby they wanted and fled, leaving Stryfe behind. They were in a dire situation, they didn't have much choice, but still, from his pov, his parents abandoned him.
    I have wondered if Kid Cable could wind up being a young Stryfe or another clone of Cable or Stryfe.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    One thing I like about Stryfe is that he has a legitimate beef with the Summers family.
    Rachel created him as a decoy for Apocalypse, and Scott and Jean took the baby they wanted and fled, leaving Stryfe behind. They were in a dire situation, they didn't have much choice, but still, from his pov, his parents abandoned him.
    I have wondered if Kid Cable could wind up being a young Stryfe or another clone of Cable or Stryfe.
    he's not Young Stryfe He met and fought Young Stryfe in X-Force. Besides he has a metal arm and a clone like Stryfe would not.

Even though they've been building towards him in the Cable series, I dont think the stryfe plot will get resolved there as there are only 2 issues left and Stryfe has not apeared. I feel like getting old Cable and resolving that should take up all of those two issues and I wouldnt be surprised if it ends on a cliffhanger with OG Cable taking over for the kid and Stryfe becomes a loose end that he has to deal with. Theres really a lot to deal with that I dont think 2 issues will properly conclude things
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-06-2021 at 07:21 AM.

I know a lot of people make fun of his costume, but I've always liked it. If it had been anything other that mostly pure silver (let's say Gold and purple or something) he would have fit right in with Kirby designs like the Asgardians and New Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I know a lot of people make fun of his costume, but I've always liked it. If it had been anything other that mostly pure silver (let's say Gold and purple or something) he would have fit right in with Kirby designs like the Asgardians and New Gods.
    Its recognizable for sure. I did like the 2019 update especially with the helmet which doesnt look as silly

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I appreciate Stryfe! Let's give the poor sod some love because sure as hell Apocalypse didn't give him any growing up.

Speaking of love, I was always curious about Claremont's ideas for his second year of "Revolution" stories:

Stryfe's X-Men
    When the Summers family reunion didn't happen because Claremont was removed from the X-Men books, Claremont revealed on Cinescape.com in 2001 what he had meant with "a fundamentally different concept" for the X-Men books, and what team of enemies the X-Men should have been up against: "The thrust of that story was for (Stryfe) to build an all-new, all-different team of X-Men based on family, sort of a Summers family reunion, consisting of himself, Cyclops, Jean and Cable, and possibly Nate (Grey, X-Man). They were going to evict Xavier and the others from the mansion and go public, pulling a Thunderbolts riff by branding the fugitive X-Men as criminals and portraying themselves as heroes."

"The idea was that Stryfe would slip into the Search For Cyclops series and hijack both characters at the end, then gather Cable and in (X-Men vol.2) #110, seize control of X-Men. No more Xavier Institute. In its place: The Summers School."

"I thought it would be fun, but editorially it didn't fly."

Jean Grey and Cable were attacked on the astral plane by an unknown enemy in Uncanny X-Men #384, wherein that same enemy also possessed Cable. The enemy's identity was never revealed in the comics, but Claremont spilled the beans on his Cordially Chris forum in 2003: "It was meant to be Stryfe, as a precursor to the arc that would close-out 2000, wherein the X-Men and Xavier would be "evicted" by the Summers Clan (Stryfe, Scott, Cable, Alex, Jean and Rachel), who would present the school to the public as the Summers Scool For Mutants. They would control X-Men (vol.2) and the fugitive team (think about it, how would you COULD you fight adversaries who comprise four of the most powerful psis in creation, plus two (Cyke & Cable) of the pre-eminent tactical and strategic strategists?) would be on the run in Uncanny (X-Men). And that would be the status quo until (Uncanny X-Men) #400, when things would get really squirrelly."

"We're talking conflict here, a civil war/War of the Roses between the Lancasters and the Yorks of the House of Mutants!" Claremont continued. "So much for that idea."

Claremont had barely left Uncanny X-Men and X-Men vol.2 before subsequent writer Scott Lobdell (presumably on editorial edict) ensured that the Summers family reunion couldn't happen by killing off Stryfe in the Gambit & Bishop: Sons of the Atom mini series.
    https://uncannyxmen.net/secrets-behi...s-of-the-x-men

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Yeah none of that is true. Rachel created the clone as a failsafe if Nathan died by the TO virus. He was never created to be a decoy. And also Jean and Scott didn't take the baby they wanted. Ch'vayre and the Apocalypse forces he commanded attacked the Clan Askani stronghold. They took the clone thinking he was the child they were seeking, and baited Slym and Redd with the flawed child they stole from Boak thinking it had some significance as a human child (which was Nate).

So he still could think that they abandoned him, but that was never the case as they never saw him as a child. And we've already seen a young Stryfe so turning Nate into another one makes little sense and would be even more confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I absolutely love his costume. I love it so much I would absolutely buy a Stryfe series just to see more of it.

Has anyone else listened to the Stryfe episode of the Cerebro podcast?